Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 33 738182838485 93 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Are you a Brand New fan, Dennis? I was just curious. We seem to have somewhat similar tastes, and I think they'd be a band right up your alley. 'The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me' is legit one of my all-time favorite albums. It's 6 or 7 years old now, but it still sounds fresh. If you haven't already, you should hop right on checking that shit out.
    I actually hadn't heard of this band before. I just started listening to the album, good start to this album. I agree it still sounds fresh.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I actually hadn't heard of this band before. I just started listening to the album, good start to this album. I agree it still sounds fresh.
    Seriously? That's surprising. Regardless, if you end up digging on 'The Devil and God...', definitely check out 'Deja Entendu' and 'Daisy' as well. Jesse Lacey is a hell of a songwriter, and there's absolute gems to be found on all 3 of those albums.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Seriously? That's surprising. Regardless, if you end up digging on 'The Devil and God...', definitely check out 'Deja Entendu' and 'Daisy' as well. Jesse Lacey is a hell of a songwriter, and there's absolute gems to be found on all 3 of those albums.
    Yea, I'll have to give the others a shot as well. The first album you suggested was full of gems.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    any cool new songs that you guys have heard? This is probably my favorite song that the radio has introduced to me in quite a while.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I just listened to the album For Emma, Forever Alone by Bon Iver... Solid album if you guys are interested in a kind of alt folky isolationist feeling album. I actually listened to it because the lead single off the album "skinny love" is kind of amazing... and the album just kind of followed suit. I really enjoy the fresh sound though... I can usually smell artists who just make shit and throw it out there because they are out of ideas... and that album lacked any of those songs.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Just learnt that the Foo Fighters are working on a new album.
    Fantastic news. I was gutted when they announced that they were going on a hiatus after 'Wasting Light', since that album was awesome. Glad that they had a rethink on that one. Can't wait to see what they come up with next!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Just learnt that the Foo Fighters are working on a new album.
    Fantastic news. I was gutted when they announced that they were going on a hiatus after 'Wasting Light', since that album was awesome. Glad that they had a rethink on that one. Can't wait to see what they come up with next!
    YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! I'm so glad they are putting out a new album soon. Wasting light was too good for them to leave after... They might already have 7 albums... but each one is still good and I'm glad I can say they haven't begun to sell out in order to sell more records.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I listened to the new paramore album today... An average album. I liked a couple of the songs a little, I mean because they are kind of my guilty pleasure band... but there were so many sub-par songs I'd feel bad calling it anything but average. The highlights of the album are crazy girls and Still into you, the most unique sound but while sticking true to their original fan base... The lows of the album are grow up and part II... Grow up was obnoxious and part II is a rip off of Let the flames begin, a song that is far superior to it. That being said, I'd listen to the album again because I do enjoy that band... but I'd probably listen to riot before paramore.
    #BeJelly

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I listened to the new paramore album today... An average album. I liked a couple of the songs a little, I mean because they are kind of my guilty pleasure band... but there were so many sub-par songs I'd feel bad calling it anything but average. The highlights of the album are crazy girls and Still into you, the most unique sound but while sticking true to their original fan base... The lows of the album are grow up and part II... Grow up was obnoxious and part II is a rip off of Let the flames begin, a song that is far superior to it. That being said, I'd listen to the album again because I do enjoy that band... but I'd probably listen to riot before paramore.
    that album is a mess. Whenever someone asks about its genre, no one knows what to say because its all over the place. The album's build is ridiculous and it just feels like they threw random songs. I thought the Farro brothers were snubs for leaving the band but I think they heard but I think they heard "Ain't it fun" and got out as fast as they could.

Want to hear them sound how Taylor Swift does when she tries to write a rock song? Listen to “Fast In My Car” which is seriously just awful. Sort of a lyrical mash-up of Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car” and Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” in that it removes the desperation from the former and adds the vapid bullshit of the latter, it stands out because it features one of the most annoying pre-choruses ever and one of the worst bridges I’ve ever heard. Want to hear them try their hand at mixing punky buzz-saw guitar verses with an "epic" stadium rock chorus? Lead single “Now” is here for you, in which Hayley Williams gives the first of several poor singing performances on the record; the verses are toneless and she tries to cram too many words into them without really saying anything. There's even gospel Paramore with "Ain't it fun".
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    that album is a mess. Whenever someone asks about its genre, no one knows what to say because its all over the place. The album's build is ridiculous and it just feels like they threw random songs. I thought the Farro brothers were snubs for leaving the band but I think they heard but I think they heard "Ain't it fun" and got out as fast as they could.

Want to hear them sound how Taylor Swift does when she tries to write a rock song? Listen to “Fast In My Car” which is seriously just awful. Sort of a lyrical mash-up of Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car” and Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” in that it removes the desperation from the former and adds the vapid bullshit of the latter, it stands out because it features one of the most annoying pre-choruses ever and one of the worst bridges I’ve ever heard. Want to hear them try their hand at mixing punky buzz-saw guitar verses with an "epic" stadium rock chorus? Lead single “Now” is here for you, in which Hayley Williams gives the first of several poor singing performances on the record; the verses are toneless and she tries to cram too many words into them without really saying anything. There's even gospel Paramore with "Ain't it fun".
    Well put WF! Seriously, besides a couple highlight songs the album just is subpar for a paramore album. There are two songs off that entire album that I would listen to if I was thinking of good paramore songs... the rest of the album is either just average or below average... I agree with your hatred for the song "Ain't it fun"
    #BeJelly