Page 79 of 101 FirstFirst ... 29 697778798081 89 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1004
  1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Sorry, the point that we were talking (before you commented) about was we wondered if artists Like eddie vedder would be on the same level as Kurt and Jimi when they finally past away... How is pearl jam not related to this point
    And I was talking about how you said its funny those two guys are viewed as two of two of the greatest ever, and I was telling you why. My point has nothing to do with Pearl Jam, lol.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  2. #782
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,488
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    And I was talking about how you said its funny those two guys are viewed as two of two of the greatest ever, and I was telling you why. My point has nothing to do with Pearl Jam, lol.
    Sorry, I took your metephor to mean, it's better to die (for your legacy) at the peak of your fame, like kurt cobain... than to live on and fade away from where you once were... like eddie vedder.
    #BeJelly


  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Sorry, I took your metephor to mean, it's better to die (for your legacy) at the peak of your fame, like kurt cobain... than to live on and fade away from where you once were... like eddie vedder.
    Get out while you're at your best, other than deteriorating over time....Not like Vedder though...Think more Hogan and Flair LOL.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  4. #784
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I wonder if artists like eddie vedder will seem on that level when they finally go...
    No they aren't remembered the same. I'll explain why. When someone dies young there is always the matter of what else they could have done and this sort of speculation is much kinder to an artist than any possible continuation of their career might have been. While many artists go on to be considered legends while living long lives - Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen - the fact remains that every artist reaches a creative peak and while they may continue to put out new stuff - The Rolling Stones being a prime example - they are no longer the creatively influential artists they once were.

    Death muddies the waters and allows us to ask "what if?"; the classic impossible to answer question. Back in the 60's their rate of musical output was a lot more prolific than it is today so the older artists have a lot more to look to or refer to as opposed to say, Kurt Cobain who only had a few records and didn't really appear with other artists either. But I'm sure Eddie Vedder will be remembered in a very Springsteen-esque way.



  5. #785
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,488
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    No they aren't remembered the same. I'll explain why. When someone dies young there is always the matter of what else they could have done and this sort of speculation is much kinder to an artist than any possible continuation of their career might have been. While many artists go on to be considered legends while living long lives - Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen - the fact remains that every artist reaches a creative peak and while they may continue to put out new stuff - The Rolling Stones being a prime example - they are no longer the creatively influential artists they once were.

    Death muddies the waters and allows us to ask "what if?"; the classic impossible to answer question. Back in the 60's their rate of musical output was a lot more prolific than it is today so the older artists have a lot more to look to or refer to as opposed to say, Kurt Cobain who only had a few records and didn't really appear with other artists either. But I'm sure Eddie Vedder will be remembered in a very Springsteen-esque way.
    Alright, I get your point. I just don't understand why people feel the need to speculate what they could have done with more time to put out music if that makes sense. Artists that stay around even after they reached their creative peaks should be remembered in the same light if not better, as long as they don't obviously sell out. At least IMO.
    #BeJelly


  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Skinny jeans are one of your generations biggest fashion crimes. You don't see it now but trust me, one day you will look at it and think "What was I thinking?" haha
    Truer words have never been spoken.

    To be honest, though, I don't like girls in any kind of jeans. I have zero interest in possible sexual conquests resembling the people I do bong hits and play Smash Bros. with.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  7. #787
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,488
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken.

    To be honest, though, I don't like girls in any kind of jeans. I have zero interest in possible sexual conquests resembling the people I do bong hits and play Smash Bros. with.
    LOL, fair point... girls where I live pretty much all wear jeans. I asked my female friend why she wears skinny jeans and she said for the obvious reasons of getting guys to look at her... It's interesting that girls try much harder to get guys to look at them... but it's the guy who always pursues a relationship, or at least that's the stereotype.
    #BeJelly


  8. #788
    Could it be that jeans just happen to be popular with the girls in your particular social circle because of the kinds of people that they are? I'm only asking as I don't think certain geographical areas are more likely to have jean-wearers than others.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  9. #789
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,488
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Could it be that jeans just happen to be popular with the girls in your particular social circle because of the kinds of people that they are? I'm only asking as I don't think certain geographical areas are more likely to have jean-wearers than others.
    Maybe that's part of it... It might also have to do with the fact that I live in a semi cold and wet climate... making shorts and skirts not an option for majority of the year. Yoga pants are very popular as well, for girls that is haha...
    #BeJelly


  10. #790
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Maybe that's part of it... It might also have to do with the fact that I live in a semi cold and wet climate... making shorts and skirts not an option for majority of the year. Yoga pants are very popular as well, for girls that is haha...
    And it's winter and freezing here in Pennsylvania. Does that mean that non-jean-wearing folks are suddenly doubling-down on denim? No. of course not. Jeans just happen to not be a big part of certain people's wardrobes, and climate has fuck all to do with that (HINT: there are other fabrics).


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.