Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ... 24 647273747576 84 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I like mumford and sons, but the fact that their album babel won album of the year shocks me. It's a solid album, but I don't even think it was the best album of their genre. The lumineers album is stacked.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    In my opinion Jack White's album should have won and I'm annoyed Best Hard Rock/Metal wasn't shown they need to add more. Hard Rock is very unrepresented and implying bands like Mumford and Sons or Lumineers are rock. Jack White though man his was the best performance
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    In my opinion Jack White's album should have won and I'm annoyed Best Hard Rock/Metal wasn't shown they need to add more. Hard Rock is very unrepresented and implying bands like Mumford and Sons or Lumineers are rock. Jack White though man his was the best performance
    Folk has been dominating the alt rock scene since 2010. The Lumineers album "The Lumineers" is a solid album. The rock Album that won was actually by The Black Keys. Mumford and Sons won album of the year, not for the rock section of the grammy's. I actually preferred The black keys album over jack's album to be honest. Lonely boy, Little black submarines, and Gold on the ceiling are three epic songs.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Folk has been dominating the alt rock scene since 2010. The Lumineers album "The Lumineers" is a solid album. The rock Album that won was actually by The Black Keys. Mumford and Sons won album of the year, not for the rock section of the grammy's. I actually preferred The black keys album over jack's album to be honest. Lonely boy, Little black submarines, and Gold on the ceiling are three epic songs.
    Black Keys are very bluesy rock so they count I mean Rock evolved from the blues but Folk has it's own category. I'm not bashing bands like Lumineers or Mumford and Sons but they're not rock. Jack White though his music is innovative and great Rock music.
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    Black Keys are very bluesy rock so they count I mean Rock evolved from the blues but Folk has it's own category. I'm not bashing bands like Lumineers or Mumford and Sons but they're not rock. Jack White though his music is innovative and great Rock music.
    Mumford and Sons and The Lumineers were not in the rock album category. The only thing either band was nominated for in the rock category was I will wait by mumford and sons was nominated (and lost) best rock performance.
    Coldplay, springsteen, muse, jack white, and The black keys are the only bands that were put up for the best rock album at the grammys. I do agree with you though, hard rock was for sure not appreciated during these grammys. The Black Keys, a garage rock band, dominated most of the rock awards. I think it's hard for a lot of people to get behind really hard rock or metal for some reason.
    #BeJelly

Mumford & Sons have one or two songs that I don't mind, but Babel winning album of the year is a total farce. That whole record is rather underwhelming.

I'm not sure of who all was nominated in that category, but Frank Ocean, Bruce Springsteen, and the Deftones made the strongest overall albums I heard all year.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Mumford & Sons have one or two songs that I don't mind, but Babel winning album of the year is a total farce. That whole record is rather underwhelming.

I'm not sure of who all was nominated in that category, but Frank Ocean, Bruce Springsteen, and the Deftones made the strongest overall albums I heard all year.
    I think that's been my feeling towards Babel and Sigh No More... they aren't bad records, they just aren't that great.
    #BeJelly

I just looked over the Best Rock Album nominees and it's disgraceful that that weak ass Kings of Leon record and disappointing Chili Peppers effort got nominated over something as grand as Japandroids' 'Celebration Rock'. That thing is 35 minutes of pure garage party bliss.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I just looked over the Best Rock Album nominees and it's disgraceful that that weak ass Kings of Leon record and disappointing Chili Peppers effort got nominated over something as grand as Japandroids' 'Celebration Rock'. That thing is 35 minutes of pure garage party bliss.
    You looked at the 2012 awards, was japandroids a 2012 album and would of been on the 2013 awards. Right?
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    You're right though, those albums were not anything worth talking about.
    #BeJelly