Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yes! I use spotify, and I made a list which includes several songs from the greatest hits album. it's worth a play. Another band from that era that seems to never get enough credit is the cure... they produced hit after hit.
    Clearly we come from different worlds. In Australia The Cure was pretty darn huge. Two of my all time favourite go-to albums are Standing On The Beach and Mixed Up. Can't possibly recommend these enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Clearly we come from different worlds. In Australia The Cure was pretty darn huge. Two of my all time favourite go-to albums are Standing On The Beach and Mixed Up. Can't possibly recommend these enough.
    In america, they are kind of the band that everyone likes their songs... but no one remembers who actually sings them. I know you might not like this comparison, but it's kind of similar to what the killers are like in america now...
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Blog Entries
    Haha, The Killers are OK, I wouldn't put them in the same category though. The Cure and The Police are two of those bands that most people are surprised when they realise how many of their songs you know and know well. I always get frustrated when bands like this get covered by new artists and people maintain the new version is superior, simply out of ignorance. That's rarely the case. It generally comes down to new popular artists citing them as influences that see these bands acknowledged by those fans newer to the table.

In america, they are kind of the band that everyone likes their songs... but no one remembers who actually sings them. I know you might not like this comparison, but it's kind of similar to what the killers are like in america now...
    your friends =/= everyone

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    your friends =/= everyone
    my friends are actually rare people who know who the cure are (for people our age). at least around here... again if I'm misrepresenting what you think is the truth I'm glad to hear your opinion as well.

#temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Blog Entries
    I'll start, I was sad that foo fighters are going on hiatus but I'm a little glad that Dave Grohl gets to get behind the drums for a queens of the stone age album as was said by many in the cBot thread lately? anyone else have any thought on this?
    Missed that news!
    Gutted myself as I'm a fan of the Foos. Grohl is an excellent drummer though, so it'll be cool to see him back behind the hit again!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

my friends are actually rare people who know who the cure are (for people our age). at least around here... again if I'm misrepresenting what you think is the truth I'm glad to hear your opinion as well.
    I know who the cure are and all i can say is..awesome music

IWA Revolution Creative Team

WWE/IWA

IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the year Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    I know who the cure are and all i can say is..awesome music
    I meant americans and I'm glad you do know
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Missed that news!
    Gutted myself as I'm a fan of the Foos. Grohl is an excellent drummer though, so it'll be cool to see him back behind the hit again!
    yes! I missed the news for a while as well... though hiatus means little anymore... no doubt came back after like ten years... and many other bands have came back after over a five year hiatus. I also think it's a good sign that taylor hawkings and dave grohl are staying in music at least.

I meant americans and I'm glad you do know
    Sorry but, yeah i understand what you mean

IWA Revolution Creative Team

WWE/IWA

IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the year Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    Sorry but, yeah i understand what you mean
    I could be wrong on what I thought though... me and my friends were just talking about how the cure seems to never get enough credit. Though to be fair the fact that pretty much everyone knows who they are on this website seems to be a good sign for them.