Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 60 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    That's not exactly a revelation. I mean, they're a pop group who just happen to use metal, rap, and electronic flourishes.
    I'm not claiming it's a revelation. I'm just stating the fact I think they are kind of an overrated band. Though I can't blame anyone for liking them, they do have catchy songs.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm not claiming it's a revelation. I'm just stating the fact I think they are kind of an overrated band. Though I can't blame anyone for liking them, they do have catchy songs.
    But how are they overrated, exactly? Like, who is it that's claiming they're better than they are? It certainly isn't critics. The general public seems to have turned on them, too. The fans that they still have would likely categorize them as a guilty pleasure on account of them now being widely regarded as passe.

If anything, I think they're actually underrated (and I say that as someone who isn't really even a fan). They've outlasted almost all of their counterparts on the back of successfully semi-reinventing themselves, and they consistently deliver records with particularly strong production. It doesn't hurt that they can also craft the hell out of a pop song.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    But how are they overrated, exactly? Like, who is it that's claiming they're better than they are? It certainly isn't critics. The general public seems to have turned on them, too. The fans that they still have would likely categorize them as a guilty pleasure on account of them now being widely regarded as passe.

If anything, I think they're actually underrated (and I say that as someone who isn't really even a fan). They've outlasted almost all of their counterparts on the back of successfully semi-reinventing themselves, and they consistently deliver records with particularly strong production. It doesn't hurt that they can also craft the hell out of a pop song.
    all of those are fair points. I guess I just might be around a different audience, because the people I'm around if they are fans of them, they think they are super awesome. I do think that some people hate on them more than they should so I can see your underrated point. though at least around me, I think most people overrate them. That's not bad, nirvana is overrated and I think their album nevermind is one of the greatest albums ever.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    all of those are fair points. I guess I just might be around a different audience, because the people I'm around if they are fans of them, they think they are super awesome. I do think that some people hate on them more than they should so I can see your underrated point. though at least around me, I think most people overrate them. That's not bad, nirvana is overrated and I think their album nevermind is one of the greatest albums ever.
    I have to agree with Dennis here. The people I'm usually around put Linkin Park on A HUGE pedestal and quite honestly I only like their first two albums at best anything before "What I've Done"
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time

People that we know are just small samplings of a much bigger picture, that's why I don't see any sense on applying that on any sort of macro level. As far as critics and general audiences are concerned, there isn't a whole lot of love getting tossed Linkin Park's way. In terms of popularity and regard, they aren't anywhere near what they were a decade ago (though I'd argue they're now a much better band).

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    People that we know are just small samplings of a much bigger picture, that's why I don't see any sense on applying that on any sort of macro level. As far as critics and general audiences are concerned, there isn't a whole lot of love getting tossed Linkin Park's way. In terms of popularity and regard, they aren't anywhere near what they were a decade ago (though I'd argue they're now a much better band).
    nickelback is super popular but critics and the general populous hates them. in fact I read a study a while back which said that one would rather hear their love interest liked justin beiber instead of nickelback.. but their is a reason they still make tons of money... because for some reason people who don't really hate them seem to love them. I can't really speak to if linkin park is better now than then because I just kind of hear their music... I don't listen to all of their cd's
    #BeJelly

nickelback is super popular but critics and the general populous hates them. in fact I read a study a while back which said that one would rather hear their love interest liked justin beiber instead of nickelback.. but their is a reason they still make tons of money... because for some reason people who don't really hate them seem to love them. I can't really speak to if linkin park is better now than then because I just kind of hear their music... I don't listen to all of their cd's
    Snarky people trashing Nickelback on the internet or in a magazine doesn't translate to the general populous hating them. That they're still as popular as they are basically proves the opposite of being true.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Snarky people trashing Nickelback on the internet or in a magazine doesn't translate to the general populous hating them. That they're still as popular as they are basically proves the opposite of being true.
    Well to be fair I did point to a study that said that they were the least appealing musicians for your spouse to listen to... it's because either people love, or they hate them. I wouldn't say that their popular I would say like linkin park the people who like them pretty much like them as some sort of guilty pleasure.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    I had this discussion with a friend a few years ago and I guess I'd like to see you're opinions.

Who had the bigger influence in their genre?

Black Sabbath or Nirvana.

I love both bands but I have to go with Sabbath they pretty much created Heavy Metal for what it is
    Sabbath, without them you just about lose an entire genre of music.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    I just tried to imagine a Linkin Park album without transitions. That album would be 8 minutes long.