Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 58 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The foo fighters are my favorite band so that worked out well. haha I also think the black keys put out quality album after album.
    Yeah, I know they're your favorite band (you only bring it up ALL OF THE TIME). That's why I used them as the example.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, I know they're your favorite band (you only bring it up ALL OF THE TIME). That's why I used them as the example.
    fair point haha. I assume now we have a music thread I might reach out a little further... also a lot of the bands that I like are not bands that other people like and often leads to silly arguments about the legitimacy of the bands. Do you have a favorite band?
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Dennis likes Foo Fighters? Noooooooo!

Blog Entries
    finished listening to the album deloused in the comatorium by the mars volta... I would say it's a solid 4/5... highlights of the album drunkship of lanterns and televators, lowlights- the two one minute songs... I don't ever really like short songs like that.. it's just a transition. The highs definitely outweighed the lows though. the drums were sick through out the entire album as well.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Dennis likes Foo Fighters? Noooooooo!
    I know! I didn't know anyone would know that! *looks down at shirt to make sure he isn't wearing a foo fighters t-shirt*
    #TeamGeeky

fair point haha. I assume now we have a music thread I might reach out a little further... also a lot of the bands that I like are not bands that other people like and often leads to silly arguments about the legitimacy of the bands.
    You've got to just like what you like, and take what everyone else says with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, someone's else's ears aren't really going to do shit for you. That being said, I think everyone could benefit from expanding their horizons a little. I mean, if I had never stepped outside of my comfort zone, I would have missed out on stellar stuff like Jurassic 5 and Florence and the Machine. Now I couldn't imagine not having those groups in my life.

Do you have a favorite band?
    Overall, my favorite band is probably Thrice.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    You've got to just like what you like, and take what everyone else says with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, someone's else's ears aren't really going to do shit for you. That being said, I think everyone could benefit from expanding their horizons a little. I mean, if I had never stepped outside of my comfort zone, I would have missed out on stellar stuff like Jurassic 5 and Florence and the Machine. Now I couldn't imagine not having those groups in my life.

Overall, my favorite band is probably Thrice.

fatm is my second favorite band lol.
    #TeamGeeky

finished listening to the album deloused in the comatorium by the mars volta... I would say it's a solid 4/5... highlights of the album drunkship of lanterns and televators, lowlights- the two one minute songs... I don't ever really like short songs like that.. it's just a transition. The highs definitely outweighed the lows though. the drums were sick through out the entire album as well.
    Do those songs ever claim to be anything other than transitions? I mean, it's not like they were released as singles. They're there to be taken into context with the rest of the album; they're small pieces of a larger picture.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    You see, Florence really rubs me the wrong way. I really don't like her voice. But that's OK, plenty of people do. She doesn't need my patronage. I believe you should never feel you have to be apologetic for things you like or don't like, so long as you're giving others the same consideration.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You see, Florence really rubs me the wrong way. I really don't like her voice. But that's OK, plenty of people do. She doesn't need my patronage. I believe you should never feel you have to be apologetic for things you like or don't like, so long as you're giving others the same consideration.
    yea, my friend and I often debate which band is better fatm or paramore... and his case is always that florence is not as good as a singer... which just happens to be an opinion, one that we disagree on so I get what you mean when you say you can't really be apologetic for things that you like. Do you like any bands lead by females? I know sometimes that's the problem people have with fatm.
    Do those songs ever claim to be anything other than transitions? I mean, it's not like they were released as singles. They're there to be taken into context with the rest of the album; they're small pieces of a larger picture.
    that's fair... I just didn't see the point in having them. I'm not saying they were super low points I did rate the album very highly.
    #TeamGeeky