Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have to admit that's an awesome song. I like the break in the middle of the song... at first I thought they were going to do something similar to what incubus did in their song "in the company of wolves" but was glad to see how they did it instead. though both songs are epic.
    'If Not Now, When?' is not a good album, like, at all. Those guys have become a painfully boring band.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    'If Not Now, When?' is not a good album, like, at all. Those guys have become a painfully boring band.
    I don't like many songs on that album but I'd say in the company of wolves, rebel girls, and switchblade were the highlights of that album. but you are right to say that wasn't a great album. It's probably their worst album.
    #BeJelly

I like bands like Story of the Year, Breaking Benjamin, and 3 Doors Down. I doubt people have my music taste on here haha

Is it bad that I pretty much stop giving a shit about music around the mid 2000's?

I don't like many songs on that album but I'd say in the company of wolves, rebel girls, and switchblade were the highlights of that album. but you are right to say that wasn't a great album. It's probably their worst album.
    I thought the album sounded like a bunch of previously-cut filler tracks recorded just to fulfill some kind of contractual obligation. The whole endeavor lacked energy and momentum, and they sounded like a band who had been sapped of their spirit.

Probably one of the bigger disappointments of 2011. It would be a sincere shame if that were to be the note that they go out on.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    if you want to do that I will listen to whatever album you guys suggest. assuming that the album isn't terrible, and the person saying it is just trolling.
    Well, noone's going to ask you to listen to Lou Reed's "Transformer" or "Landing On Water" by Neil Young (hopefully)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I like bands like Story of the Year, Breaking Benjamin, and 3 Doors Down. I doubt people have my music taste on here haha
    I don't know.. I don't mind breaking benjamin, I know a ton of people who like them. I haven't heard of story of the year, but I use to be a big fan of 3dd when I was in high school. krytonite is one of the catchiest songs ever. right up there with seven nation army as far as catchy songs go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Is it bad that I pretty much stop giving a shit about music around the mid 2000's?
    Is there a reason for this?
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I thought the album sounded like a bunch of previously-cut filler tracks recorded just to fulfill some kind of contractual obligation. The whole endeavor lacked energy and momentum, and they sounded like a band who had been sapped of their spirit.

Probably one of the bigger disappointments of 2011. It would be a sincere shame if that were to be the note that they go out on.
    I couldn't agree more. They are one of my favorite bands of all time, they deserve to go out on a better note than "If not now, when?" that was a sour note in their career.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Nah, you're good. This place is chock full o' people into that sort of generic, modern rock radio pablum.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Nah, you're good. This place is chock full o' people into that sort of generic, modern rock radio pablum.
    I'm in the middle of the album you told me to listen to... definite highlight so far is drunkship of lanterns... do you like progressive rock? or are you someone who likes a ton of different music and just happen to suggest a very good example of progressive rock.
    #BeJelly