Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    It's a very probable thing to discuss, but I would rather keep the post count until' we can think of something that would be a suitable replacement if something like that were to come into fruition. Personally.. I enjoy having the post count around. I like the thought of seeing how much I had contributed over the last year or two since joining these forums. No egotistical nonsense once-so-ever.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    It's a very probable thing to discuss, but I would rather keep the post count until' we can think of something that would be a suitable replacement if something like that were to come into fruition. Personally.. I enjoy having the post count around. I like the thought of seeing how much I had contributed over the last year or two since joining these forums. No egotistical nonsense once-so-ever.
    http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/e16/d6c...cur-b341a0.jpg

I enjoy the post count and I am fully supporting the idea of keeping it. The only thing I would like is for the levels to change as they make no sense to me at all. At very least, can some explain why in the hell I am trying to post enough times to become a Black Ninja? Are these like the Black Ninjas from Japanese films or the Black Ninjas that kidnapped Samoa Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/e16/d6c...cur-b341a0.jpg

I enjoy the post count and I am fully supporting the idea of keeping it. The only thing I would like is for the levels to change as they make no sense to me at all. At very least, can some explain why in the hell I am trying to post enough times to become a Black Ninja? Are these like the Black Ninjas from Japanese films or the Black Ninjas that kidnapped Samoa Joe?
    I don't think we had much input on the ranks. I also always wondered how a 'God' is among the lower ranks while 'Black Ninja' is currently the highest one. I don't even like the God rank since it has offended several of our member base over the last few years. I'm in favor of altering the ranks a bit because I always wanted one of the ranks to be 'The Dark Knight'. My nerd is showing.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    What about a reputation system? I see at the bottom in the stats section (where you can see the post count etc of people) that there's an option to view reputation, but it's not in use as far as I know. Every other forum I've seen has a rep system in place. Something worth considering?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I don't think we had much input on the ranks. I also always wondered how a 'God' is among the lower ranks while 'Black Ninja' is currently the highest one. I don't even like the God rank since it has offended several of our member base over the last few years. I'm in favor of altering the ranks a bit because I always wanted one of the ranks to be 'The Dark Knight'. My nerd is showing.
    I wouldn't object to a movie based ranking system so long as we can avoid the typical "Big Labowski" type of ranks. Not that I don't like the movie, but obviously someone like Dennis who hasn't seen the movie shouldn't be given that title. But including major productions like 007, The Dark Knight, The Avenger, and even some specifics such as a "Jason Bourne", "Dirty Harry", "Ethan Hunt" or other recognizable characters. I still think a good idea to keep this site unique is to use ranks based on stables of the website (I.E. "TDA Agent" or "R(ob)KO Approved") that aren't going anywhere in the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    What about a reputation system? I see at the bottom in the stats section (where you can see the post count etc of people) that there's an option to view reputation, but it's not in use as far as I know. Every other forum I've seen has a rep system in place. Something worth considering?
    I was wondering about this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I feel our "ranks" should be more affiliated with wrestling. And I believe there should be something to go along with our posting status. Like stars or something else. Our names are bland and the other things surrounding it are too.

Blog Entries
    The only problem I see with a reputation system is that if used like other sites, other members can give both good and bad reps for anything you post, and while that may sound like fun, I don't fancy either a good or bad rep point from somebody who is all moody at the moment of repping someone. I see this more of a way for personal problems, attacks, etc... to start thus giving the already overburdened mods even more babysitting duties, that is unless a system can be put in place where this kind of behavior wouldn't be allowed. Like say regular members can only give good rep points, and only the mods could hand out bad rep points as a type of warning. We need to stay unique and not just another site.

Rated_R(ob)KO = I feel our "ranks" should be more affiliated with wrestling. And I believe there should be something to go along with our posting status. Like stars or something else. Our names are bland and the other things surrounding it are too.
    This isn't such a bad idea.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    The only problem I see with a reputation system is that if used like other sites, other members can give both good and bad reps for anything you post, and while that may sound like fun, I don't fancy either a good or bad rep point from somebody who is all moody at the moment of repping someone. I see this more of a way for personal problems, attacks, etc... to start thus giving the already overburdened mods even more babysitting duties, that is unless a system can be put in place where this kind of behavior wouldn't be allowed. Like say regular members can only give good rep points, and only the mods could hand out bad rep points as a type of warning. We need to stay unique and not just another site.
    I agree with you, I'm not a fan of a reputation system either since like you say, it can lead to problems. The suggestion you made to accommodate that is good though. I recall I suggested a system of just being able to give 'good rep' before, but it wasn't taken on board as far as I know.
    I agree about needing to be unique in comparison to other sites, but we also need to improve, because there's a few things on EWN that are very, shall we say, primitive in comparison to other sites. We need to improve and evolve to draw in more new members.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I agree with you, I'm not a fan of a reputation system either since like you say, it can lead to problems. The suggestion you made to accommodate that is good though. I recall I suggested a system of just being able to give 'good rep' before, but it wasn't taken on board as far as I know.
    I agree about needing to be unique in comparison to other sites, but we also need to improve, because there's a few things on EWN that are very, shall we say, primitive in comparison to other sites. We need to improve and evolve to draw in more new members.
    I'm sure you will see features like this one of these days, but no official promise can be made. One of the things that was nailed down accurately is that we wanted to be unique. There's two sites in particular that I am fond of (who have great membership usage) and I wouldn't mind giving the members a reputation system... Unfortunately I don't have Admin powers and never will, so you might have a better chance at getting your case situated by messaging Frank or Ahmed directly. And some of the other sites are dead when it comes to community discussions. The majority of their members are just there for the games those sites place on their page. Overall, I just hope that the serious conversations (and goofy bantering) will continue if any of this shit ever gets pushed through the butt-hole of change.

#TeamDevs

Blog Entries
    Absolutely, there is room for improvement on this site as with many others, in order to stay fresh and compelling a site like this must change for the better every once in awhile to stay prominent and active. One way to do that is to get the members involved without going overboard and giving up quality over quantity in discussions. Another I think is to get the Mods and the Admin involved in a friendly discussion of ideas via PM or a Suggestion thread to discuss those ideas that are deemed viable to the success and future of this site. Random off the wall ideas with no warrant for growth shouldn't be a part of the discussion. There were changes done recently this past year that were for the better, so I believe Frank is open to improving the site. (Not wanting to speak for him, nor pretend to know what he thinks or feels about this subject).

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey