View Poll Results: Where do you stand with The Miz's babyface run?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've always been a supporter of face Miz.

18 40.00%
  • I haven't been behind the Miz until he showed us what he could do with Punk.

9 20.00%
  • I'm not convinced yet. He still needs some more tweaking.

11 24.44%
  • There's absolutely no way face Miz will EVER work no matter what they do with him.

7 15.56%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I might be a little mic work starved, since lets face it, mic work for the past few years hasn't been up to par with the past, except for Punk. But last nights back and forth, both times with Punk and Miz was really entertaining to me and was some of the best back and forth mic work I've seen lately. They worked well together.

I like the Miz's face turn. It's needed. It's fresh. It's work for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    No, he should be booked differently. He's not a bad performer.
    So.....what then? How would you book him to make him effective?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    See, I'm not convinced that the crowd was behind Miz specifically so much as they were just behind the guy against Punk in that particular moment. I've got a feeling that Khali could have limped out and been all "Heeeeeyoooooowwwwlllllllllllrarrrthjushdkoertnfis " or whatever the hell and people probably would have dug it. I think it speaks more to the role than it does the quality of the individual performance (but, again, that's just me).

The coming weeks should be telling in regards to just how behind Miz people get. Move him on to a lower-watt heel and then let's see how he fares.
    Fair enough but I still believe Miz has crowd support just by listening to his reception at Survivor Series and they were chanting his name as he was taking out Wade Barrett.

Nah, we're all good Jells. No offense was intended.

I did, however, not think that Miz's execution against Punk was any great shakes, so I don't agree with it being presented as fact. That's an entirely subjective position. Genuinely sorry if you didn't like the way I went about contesting that.
    I'm a fan of bantering, don't get me wrong. Chalk it up to my insecurity I guess.

Something other than lazily hitting all of the cliches we come to expect from a face turn maybe? Or what about not using jokes that were on the back of one of Cena's discarded Denny's napkins?

Seriously, there are ways to play with established conventions and make them one's own. Miz just needs to find a way to do that.
    Well, I noticed that you said that you really weren't buying the Miz as a face because he was still cocky so I would think that you'd be a fan of his corny dialogue, whether or not Cena would say the exact same thing or not.

What said convention do you think would work best for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    So.....what then? How would you book him to make him effective?
    Well, for starters, he should never be booked as a bad ass heel. Miz doesn't strike me as a guy who'd beat you in a street fight. He'd be much better as a chicken shit heel.
    As a face, he should tone down with the obnoxiousness. Probably change the way he talks, because he still kinda talks like heel Miz.
    I don't know if you saw it, but a few weeks ago, he had a promo with Ziggler on Main Event, who was on the Tron, and he was really good, until the end where he became annoying again. But in that first part of the promo, he was talking normally and he and Ziggler were exchanging with each other and really building up that match well and I really wanted to see that match.
    If he starts from there, he'd probably be a long way already.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

The Miz is a great heel...he played the arrogant heel perfect, He would be a perfect face if he was booked like Chris Jericho when he was face back in the days (WWF), Chris Jericho was this arrogant face that always made fun of the heels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xYnDart View Post
    The Miz is a great heel...he played the arrogant heel perfect, He would be a perfect face if he was booked like Chris Jericho when he was face back in the days (WWF), Chris Jericho was this arrogant face that always made fun of the heels
    I also see similarities between Miz and Jericho in the way they portray their characters.
    NO, I'm NOT saying that Miz is as good as Jericho, but he's certainly got the same potential to play a very good face and play a very good heel.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I've always been a fan of this guy. I think the way he interacted this past week is what he needs to be at. I dont want to see him the good 2 shoes baby face he needs to keep his atttitude and I think he'll get over just fine. His time on the mic is what makes him AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE
    I'm jus sayin...

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    I had a bad taste in my mouth after i saw the segment between miz and punk last monday night blergh..face miz? no thanks..i just cant take this guy seriously, and why in the hell is he wearing a suit and tie when he's supposed to be a face now? if anything i think there was a wardrobe malfunction between punk and miz on that night.