Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Matt Morgan: superstar of the future?

Matt Morgan... The Blueprint.
    While the name is a bit of a stretch as far as his "place" in the wrestling biz is concerned, It seems as if Matt is following one.
    I'll say that, as far as in-ring ability is concerned, Matt is far from the best TNA has to offer. He is athletically gifted, no doubt about that, but he still struggles at times with the pacing of his matches and with his ability to "tell a story". I'm not saying he is terrible but there is room for improvement. Matt is a giant. At 7 foot 300+ Matt is one of only a small handful of 7 footers to be successful at the upper levels of the business without being a joke or one dimensional. Kevin Nash comes to mind.
    The similarities between the two don't end there. Like Nash, Morgan has charisma and mic skills. One positive aspect of having established stars like Nash, Flair, Hogan, Dreamer, Angle et al, for the younger talent in TNA us the wealth of knowledge they bring to the table. If these younger guys are smart they will try and learn every thing they can from these veterans and use what they learn to become better performers in and out of the ring. They have to use what they know as a "blueprint" for success.
    Matt Morgan seems to be doing just that. His promos, especially as of late, have been terrific. He's really selling his storyline and making it not only believible but compelling. If he continues to learn and put what he learns to use Matt Morgan could become one of the best in the business.

I have always liked Matt Morgan and if he continues to improve both in the ring and on the mic like he has in the past year then hell yeah I agree with you
    Always punched in! Always Drunk!

Blog Entries
    Correct.
    He is a good investment for TNA to make in for the future if they want something special non-WWE.

I pretty much completely agree with you. I believe Morgan is probably the most athletically gifted seven-footer the business has had. His mic skills weren't too good when he first came in, but he has continually improved in that are. Morgan is a perfect example of the only reason I am glad Ric Flair is in TNA: because young guys can learn ring psychology from a man who understands it better than almost anyone in the business. I think building and pacing a match are second nature when you understand ring psychology. If he can just get that down, he has the potential to be a World Champion and a hell of a performer.

Quote Originally Posted by CMhuw24 View Post
    Correct.
    He is a good investment for TNA to make in for the future if they want something special non-WWE.
    Technically he was WWE.....?

But anyway i agree he's one of the best guys on the roster for sucha big guy he can raaassstle to which is always good, good moveset not same old chops and big boots etc alllllllll the time! He will be good as a tweeny as hes always played a killer heel character the crowd went mental for him on this thursday impact.... i liked to see that! Ive always had an eye out for him good times i say!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TJHawkesybaby View Post
    Technically he was WWE.....?

But anyway i agree he's one of the best guys on the roster for sucha big guy he can raaassstle to which is always good, good moveset not same old chops and big boots etc alllllllll the time! He will be good as a tweeny as hes always played a killer heel character the crowd went mental for him on this thursday impact.... i liked to see that! Ive always had an eye out for him good times i say!
    Technically, he is more like 6'8 but thats not the point. Matt has progressed significantly through the years on his mic skills and wrestling ability.

Matt has improved but knowing tna they will find a way of messing up this storyline with him and the coke head Hardy because lets face it he isn't a star name so he wont wear the heavyweight title at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by miff666 View Post
    Matt has improved but knowing tna they will find a way of messing up this storyline with him and the coke head Hardy because lets face it he isn't a star name so he wont wear the heavyweight title at the moment.
    Sigh.........probably

I'll never forgive TNA for the way they dropped the ball after his match with Kurt Angle at BFG
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

it was nice to see Morgan beat Hardy CLEAN at the turning point PPV... even if Bischoff's kid screwed it up (I'm talking the crap way he sold Hardys pretend kick out not the storyline screwup.) nepotism anyone??

U just know as soon as Angle, Anderson and the wanker Matt Hardy turn up in the new year Morgan will be back to a mid carder proberley turning from a face to a heel every couple of months