Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Major Pushes - Who Does/Doesn't Deserve One?

Opinions on who needs a major push to the top? Who doesn't?

In my opinion, a major push to the top suddenly has done a lot for two careers as far as I've followed wrestling (Since WM18).

The two guys - Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton.

Lesnar - a muppet who sold out to go play american football, but now the top guy in UFC. Youngest WWE champion.
    Orton - Youngest World Champion as recognised by WWE today; multi-time World champion; main evented multiple WM.

To me if it is the right person, WWE should do it. They held back Shelton Benjamin, and they are doing that to Dolph Ziggler, did it to The Miz but soon he will be on top!

The main guy I think deserves it is Drew McIntyre! Anyone agree?

Christian deserves one as long as he is a heel, if he is a face, I don't want to watch. Matt Hardy - no way, to me he is just "the other Hardy".

Remember... just my opinions!

Vipe.
    It's Not Arrogance, It's Destiny!

I think they're doing a great job as it is at the minute. Ziggler aside (and by all accounts that was down to Rey Mysterio more than anyone else) they've built up a lot of guys recently.

I'm not a fan of McIntyre by any stretch, he's just DULL!! Ted Dibiase on the other hand could be in line for a big push, I'm not particularly a fan of him either but he has a decent gimmick and certainly looks the part with Marysse on his arm.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I was writing a blog for the site when it decided to kick me out about this, stating the like of Cena is crap, HHH, Taker, Rey Mysterio are all injury prone and Jericho wants to go tour with Fozzy. In it i said that the WWE needs to start getting Sheamus & Drew Mcintryre (who I think should end takers streak) over a legitimate wrestlers and that people like Edge & Orton need to all step up and take the company to new levels. I personally think those four and then behind you have a group of Swagger,Kingston,The Miz,Morrison,Ziggler,Bourne,Barret who all have the ability and deserve some real attention to there characters and development.
    "How do you learn to fall off a 20ft ladder thats what i want to know!" - Good Ol' JR

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I think they're doing a great job as it is at the minute. Ziggler aside (and by all accounts that was down to Rey Mysterio more than anyone else) they've built up a lot of guys recently.

I'm not a fan of McIntyre by any stretch, he's just DULL!! Ted Dibiase on the other hand could be in line for a big push, I'm not particularly a fan of him either but he has a decent gimmick and certainly looks the part with Marysse on his arm.
    Currently WWE are doing a good job, but they could be better though! I'm getting bored of the same main eventers. I guess you must be too.

Ted Dibiase - an early push could lead people to think of him as feeding of his dad's legacy. Not building for himself the way Cody Rhodes is with his new gimmick. Great that Dibiase is carrying his dad's million dollar belt, but what the hell is he doing with it? Nothing. Atleast defend it, make it sound like a proper title.

Drew McIntyre - I agree with what you say for him being DULL, but let's think why. What has been his 'major' opponent? Matt Hardy, to me, he is the most boring person along with R-Truth. That's to me. Not saying it is that way for others... But his attitude, the heat he gets, his look, his entrance reminds me as a mix of people (Orton, young HHH and a few others). I do like his in ring skills.
    It's Not Arrogance, It's Destiny!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    Christian definitely needs a push. I mean, sure he was a ECW champion, but that's nothing if people don't even watch that show. He should be a champion by now since he's been in the wrestling business for many years now.
    I'm thinking its because he left WWE to be in TNA, but he really does need a push :/
    "Stand Back, there's a Hurricane coming through!"
    "Woo Woo Woo, you know it!"
    "If you're not down with that, then we've got just two words for ya ... SUCK IT!"
    "RAW is JERICHO!"
    "We lie, we cheat, we steal"

Wrestlers who deserve a push right now or are getting one which they deserve:

- The Miz
    - Evan Bourne
    - Dolph Ziggler
    - Christian
    - John Morrison
    - William Regal
    - Ted Dibiase

Christian proved in TNA that he makes a great World Champion, and a fantastic heel, but Vinny Mac has had a downer on him since the beginning...

Blog Entries
    superstars that deserves a push:
    Evan Bourne
    John Morrison
    Christian
    Matt Hardy
    Kofi Kingston
    The Miz
    Dolph Ziggler
    Chavo Gurrero
    Drew McIntyre
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Yoshi Tastu needs a major push, I enjoyed many of his matches in WWE's ECW

Blog Entries
    Here are the RAW Stars, that I feel NEED a push.
    *Evan Bourne. Sure he is slowly getting his push, but it needs to happen more quickly. I see the Intercontinental Championship around his waist soon.
    *Ezekiel Jackson. I know we haven't seen him in a while, due to his father passing. When he returns, I think he should get a major push though. World Heavyweight Champion? I see that.
    *Goldust. Why has he not been in a storyline, in years? The man is genius. Easy Intercontinental Champion.
    *Yoshi Tatsu. Great in ring performer. He deserves to be in a good storyline, and get on top as quick as her can. Maybe Intercontinental Champion.
    That's all for RAW.

Here are the Smackdown! Stars, that I feel NEED a push.
    *Chavo. He is a great wrestler, and deserves better than what he's been given lately. I don't think he could win the US Championship, but Tag Team? Yeah.
    *Chris Masters. Come on. The dude got off the Roids and looks better than ever. Easy US Championship.
    *JTG. The dude needs something. He is great at what he does.

That's really about it from me.