Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    He seems to have similar thoughts about people who blog so at least you're not alone.
    Oh, good. I'm glad he's an equal opportunity basher.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I do it because I like creative writing. I enjoyed doing it in school, and e-fedding gives me a chance to combine 2 interests of mine; creative writing and wrestling.
    It's just a bit of fun for me as it is for most who do it. Unfortunately, over time, there have been some who take it WAY too serious, thus ruining it for the majority and giving the concept a bad rep, which is a shame.
    One of the most unfortunate phenomenons of the internet is that people think their E-persona is an actual and realistic extension of their real self. Like, if you say something enough or act a certain way, then it makes you that. It's fantasy. Hell, even sitting here doing this, commenting here, isn't really real. It's not real life; it's not how human beings are supposed to communicate at length because the whole premise of the people on the internet is the perception that you want people to see of you.
    For instance, I can sit here and carefully choose my words and edit and re-edit what I'm saying - not that much different from someone writing efed promos, there's no actual spontaneity - which means all you're basically doing is writing a script. Anyone can do that, doesn't mean it's going to win any awards. And there's always people who will blow smoke up your ass as long as you're doing the right thing by their character - "great show man!" Time and time again we've seen fedders true colours emerge when they feel their character has been slighted. "I'm taking my Star Wars figures and building my OWN Death Star!"
    We're still playing characters on these boards too. They're a more realistic extension of ourselves but they're not quite 100% authentic either. I applaud the creativity of efedders but I really despise it when they act like they're writing Shakespeare. Where's the fun in that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    He seems to have similar thoughts about people who blog so at least you're not alone.
    I prefer the term egocentric. *Egocentrism is characterized by preoccupation with one's own internal world. Egocentrics regard themselves and their own opinions or interests as being the most important or valid. Self-relevant information is seen to be more important in shaping one’s judgments than do thoughts about others and other-relevant information (Windschitl, Rose, Stalkfleet & Smith, 2008). Egocentric people are unable to fully understand or to cope with other people's opinions and the fact that reality can be different from what they are ready to accept.

Rather than egomania. *Egomania is an obsessive preoccupation with one's self[1] and applies to someone who follows their own ungoverned impulses and is possessed by delusions of personal greatness and feels a lack of appreciation.[2] Someone suffering from this extreme egocentric focus is an egomaniac. The condition is psychologically normal

So, you see, there's a slight difference

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    One of the most unfortunate phenomenons of the internet is that people think their E-persona is an actual and realistic extension of their real self. Like, if you say something enough or act a certain way, then it makes you that. It's fantasy. Hell, even sitting here doing this, commenting here, isn't really real. It's not real life; it's not how human beings are supposed to communicate at length because the whole premise of the people on the internet is the perception that you want people to see of you.
    For instance, I can sit here and carefully choose my words and edit and re-edit what I'm saying - not that much different from someone writing efed promos, there's no actual spontaneity - which means all you're basically doing is writing a script. Anyone can do that, doesn't mean it's going to win any awards. And there's always people who will blow smoke up your ass as long as you're doing the right thing by their character - "great show man!" Time and time again we've seen fedders true colours emerge when they feel their character has been slighted. "I'm taking my Star Wars figures and building my OWN Death Star!"
    We're still playing characters on these boards too. They're a more realistic extension of ourselves but they're not quite 100% authentic either. I applaud the creativity of efedders but I really despise it when they act like they're writing Shakespeare. Where's the fun in that?
    I hate to say it, but you're right. For as well as I think I know the guys on here, I really don't. Unless I meet any of you in person, we'll never truly know each other.

Jman

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

AWF IronMan Champion

JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

Dammit! I hate it when Robstar is right! *which is pretty much always, but it still pisses me off!*

Blog Entries
    I know exactly what you mean.
    The only way to enjoy e-fedding is just to chill, sit back, relax and just enjoy it, rather than take it as some personal thing.

I'm not sure I follow you in your thought that we're playing characters when commenting on the boards though.
    And when you said that when we're sitting here commenting on various things it "isn't real", not sure what you mean there either lol! (excuse my stupidity )
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Great comment Rob. I understand everything completely.

But, seriously, I reckon that is pretty much spot-on. Good show old chap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thejman93 View Post
    I hate to say it, but you're right. For as well as I think I know the guys on here, I really don't. Unless I meet any of you in person, we'll never truly know each other.
    I'll admit to this, I don't make many (if any that I can think of) spurious claims about myself, but just by leaving certain parts out, it means it's perception by design. I mean, I could be writing this from my prison cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    Dammit! I hate it when Robstar is right! *which is pretty much always, but it still pisses me off!*
    Haha! I'm not always right. I only speak MY truth Destruction. I know that's not everyones reality. Again, it's MY perception of things. If stuff I say resonates with you, then it just means we're likeminded. The real, ultimate truths are for another realm of being. WoooOOOOoooOOOOoo! lmao

Black Ninja!
    Again, it's MY perception of things. If stuff I say resonates with you, then it just means we're likeminded. The real, ultimate truths are for another realm of being. WoooOOOOoooOOOOoo! lmao
    Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, booooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............

Jman

AWF IronMan Champion

JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I know exactly what you mean.
    The only way to enjoy e-fedding is just to chill, sit back, relax and just enjoy it, rather than take it as some personal thing.

I'm not sure I follow you in your thought that we're playing characters when commenting on the boards though.
    And when you said that when we're sitting here commenting on various things it "isn't real", not sure what you mean there either lol! (excuse my stupidity )
    What I mean is in real life, we're not as self-editing. Here, we can take a bit more time, be a bit more of a perfect version of ourselves; say stuff exactly the way we want to say it, y'know? And I bet we ALL have typed something in to post and stopped, looked at it, thought about it - and deleted it. So, in that way, we're playing the character of ourselves but with less flaws.

I'll give you an example of my own. On here I am far more outspoken and opinionated than in person. I still have the same thoughts and opinions but with writing - and here's where I empathise with efed writers a bit - I find it easier to express it more succinctly. If I don't take the time to measure my thoughts, in real life, my head swims with too much info, too many thoughts and I get confused. Lol, it's true! So I end up saying less. The most unfortunate fact about dealing with people face to face, one on one is if you stop to try gather your thoughts and think about what you want to say, people will try filling that space with more words. Fuckin' shut up, I'm trying to think! I think it's a getting older thing, not as on the ball as I used to be. I'll admit it.

Also I admit to - not trying to live up to - but not attempting to play down, members ideas of who Robstar is. "Oh, Rob LOVES Vickie. Rob Hates AJ" I do and I don't, I don't and I do. Understand?