Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting back?

If it were up to me I think I would go to maybe six or seven PPVs with an eighth being a TV freebie. I wouldn't count number eight because I think it would just be the equivalent of a Super Impact!. My line up would be:

Nov: BFG=TNA Wrestlemania

Dec-Jan: King of the Mountain=KOTR tournament with the winner getting a title shot at Lockdown

Mar: Lockdown=Bring back the Lethal Lockdown match

Apr-May: No Surrender=Transitional PPV

Jun: Slammiversary

Jul-Aug= Destination X

Sept= Super Impact/TV PPV: Where the BFG series ends

Blog Entries
    I too have always wanted to see the PPV's cut back in favour of more meaningful matches. But I have to wonder how the wrestlers would take it as do they not get some sort of bonus for working PPV's? If they lose money, TNA could start losing them...

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    I don't think reducing the numbers of PPVs would matter in getting buy-rates....
    Could you explain that?

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Could you explain that?
    Pretty much it going be hard to build a PPV audience even if less with so many factors.... Several I'll note...
    1. the core TV audience range from 1,250,000 to 1,500,000.. thei core PPV audience below 10,000.....
    2. the price, with less mean price goes up or goes down, Which way will it go ?? I believe one TNA has to have so many PPVs to make a profit if any...
    3. Back to price, how many fans will buy a PPV even if they stay at $39, still a lot of money to spend.... How many will spend if the money if they would lower the price??? How many will spend the money if they raise the price???
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Pretty much it going be hard to build a PPV audience even if less with so many factors.... Several I'll note...
    1. the core TV audience range from 1,250,000 to 1,500,000.. thei core PPV audience below 10,000.....
    2. the price, with less mean price goes up or goes down, Which way will it go ?? I believe one TNA has to have so many PPVs to make a profit if any...
    3. Back to price, how many fans will buy a PPV even if they stay at $39, still a lot of money to spend.... How many will spend if the money if they would lower the price??? How many will spend the money if they raise the price???
    1: And your point? That they have low base numbers?

2 & 3: I highly doubt TNA will either increase or decrease the PPV prices, because that would be very dumb. If you decrease the price you might just end up lose money all together. The current TNA average is 10k. The most buys TNA ever got for a PPV was 60k and that was years ago. But let's assume their max cap is 60k. They can only grow 50k. BFG was around 20k buys. Who says, lowering the prices will get more people buy the PPV and by how many will it actually increase? With a margin that is that low, do you really want to risk losing money? They might get just 1k or 2k buys added, which means they'd just end up losing money.
    If they increase the PPV prices, who knows how many people will decide to not buy, 10k is not a lot to gamble with, and you would not know what dropping several PPV's actually meant for the overall business.

It would kinda be like what TNA did last Summer, with going live and changing the time slot. You couldn't figure out for a while what the effects were of going live vs staying taped, because the audience had to adjust to the timeslot.
    Raising the PPV prices would be the exact same.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    1: And your point? That they have low base numbers?

2 & 3: I highly doubt TNA will either increase or decrease the PPV prices, because that would be very dumb. If you decrease the price you might just end up lose money all together. The current TNA average is 10k. The most buys TNA ever got for a PPV was 60k and that was years ago. But let's assume their max cap is 60k. They can only grow 50k. BFG was around 20k buys. Who says, lowering the prices will get more people buy the PPV and by how many will it actually increase? With a margin that is that low, do you really want to risk losing money? They might get just 1k or 2k buys added, which means they'd just end up losing money.
    If they increase the PPV prices, who knows how many people will decide to not buy, 10k is not a lot to gamble with, and you would not know what dropping several PPV's actually meant for the overall business.

It would kinda be like what TNA did last Summer, with going live and changing the time slot. You couldn't figure out for a while what the effects were of going live vs staying taped, because the audience had to adjust to the timeslot.
    Raising the PPV prices would be the exact same.

I would guess another thing it depends on their PPV deals which was why they waited till now (or 2013) to cut the number of PPVs.... Still I would guess they would want to make some money with say 8 to 10 PPVs, keep the price the same or near the same, not saying they want lower or raise the price 2 or 3 dollars.... But more then likely them and cable and PPV providers will make adjustments to hopefully gain something.... Rather it work or not, guess we'll see??
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!

Blog Entries
    As previously reported, two TNA PPVs will be cut from TNA's 2013 lineup. The Against All Odds (February) and No Surrender (September) will be cut, meaning that there will be two months between Genesis and Lockdown and then two months between Hardcore Justice and Bound For Glory.

This would change the 2013 Bound for Glory series, as the semi-finals and finals were held at No Surrender and the matches would likely take place on Impact instead. This would allow them to have a big episode of iMPACT! to set up their main PPV in BFG.
    From the main news page..... I think right now they trying to build the TV audience for their 2 biggest PPVs....