Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Cena - AJ -storyline..creating a new power couple

Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Miss Elisabeth, Edge and Lita, Shawn Michaels and Sensational Sherry,... The WWE has a long and fantastic history in creating power couples that have a connection with the crowd for various reasons (Edge and Lita's RAW-celebration is a moment I will never forget); and now, we have Cena and AJ. Many of us were very doubtfull about this storyline with Ziggler and Vicky, mainly because of the timing; so short after the TNA AJ Styles storyline; but maybe WWE is just creating a new power couple that could go on for an extent of time and creating never seen before feuds and a slightly renewed Cena-character?

Cena has done it all, I think we can all relate to that; but I never saw Cena kissing and acting all lovely confused as the last couple of weeks. In my opinion, his real life divorce has made this possible and thus paving the way for something we could only cheer for; an hommage to the late Randy Savage and Elisabeth (no, not a Cena heel turn :-)
    It is my humble opinion they should be inducted in the HOF 2013.

Ziggler stating that AJ was thinking about him during her kissing with Cena, is almost the same as in 1986 when Savage and George "The Animal" Steele had a feud about Steele falling in love with Elisabeth or even more; his feud with The Honky Tonk Man claiming she secretely wants him more and using Sherry Martel (Vicky Guerrero) to corner her.
    How this current storyline is going to evolve, I don't know; but I'm curious on how this will affect the Cena-character..

What if at TLC Ziggler wins semi-clean over Cena, because of an intervention gone wrong by AJ? Ziggler will state at the next RAW that she did it because her true feelings are with him, not Cena.. Will he start doubting her or will they keep fighting for their relationship? Winning over Cena, clean or semi-clean, is the hurdle almost every superstar needs to take before breaking through the so called glass ceiling. When Ziggler comes out on top in this Cena-AJ-feud his run with the WHC will just have that little bit more penache we all like to see...

Wouldn't you love to see the reaction of Daniel Bryan when Cena and AJ stay together and decide to get married in the ring? No ? NO? NOOO? I do :-)
    Last edited by Double G; 11-30-2012 at 03:56 PM.

I think this storyline with AJ, Cena, Vikki and Dolph is just here to serve 3 purposes.

1. To keep Cena, who currently is not in the title picture, relevant. Gives him something to do.

2. To elevate Dolph's status buy feuding with the WWE's top draw.

3. To heel turn AJ when she costs Cena the match against Dolph, because God forbid if Cena loses on a straight up bases without no shenanigans.

That's all IMO

Blog Entries
    I have some general thoughts about this thread. First off I don't think the aj/cena storyline will keep up much after the feud with ziggler happens. I was actually thinking if ziggler were to steal aj away from cena it might be better for his career. aj has helped push other superstars like daniel bryan plus it would give aj a bigger feud with gm vickie. It does say on zigglers shirt he steals girlfriends
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    I think this storyline with AJ, Cena, Vikki and Dolph is just here to serve 3 purposes.

1. To keep Cena, who currently is not in the title picture, relevant. Gives him something to do.

2. To elevate Dolph's status buy feuding with the WWE's top draw.

3. To heel turn AJ when she costs Cena the match against Dolph, because God forbid if Cena loses on a straight up bases without no shenanigans.

That's all IMO
    1. I agree

2. I don't agree. I think Dolph will come out looking weak in this.

3. Are you actually surprised at that?

Blog Entries
    Funny how AJ's most utilised "skill" is snogging wrestlers.....
    Attachment 3640

Shit angle to bring in the female viewers, who make up for a third of the audience and most likely don't pay for PPV's.

Profit.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    1. I agree

2. I don't agree. I think Dolph will come out looking weak in this.

3. Are you actually surprised at that?
    1. Thank you

2. You will see. It's finally here. It's Dolph's time to move up. Its been slowly happening. Look at the Survivor Series. Sole Survivor over Orton, Clean. He'll come out looking golden. People will STILL complain though.

Don't be surprised if somehow after the RR Dolph doesn't turn face and cash in at WM and win. It would be a full blown WM feel good moment that the WWE loves to capitalize on at WM.

3. Nope
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 11-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Divas = wrestling poison.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Divas = wrestling poison.
    Can you expand on this premise please?
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Can you expand on this premise please?
    Divas provide nothing but eye candy. Their wrestling is shit. Their acting is shit (but to be fair, so is most of the guys). They take the focus away from everything they're involved in because so many virgins, er I mean wrestling fans can't stop drooling over them. Without them you wouldn't have these stupid angles involving weddings, hidden camera affairs and 'that bitch stole my man' Jerry Springer-fests. Nobody comes to wrestling for the chicks - NOBODY. They belong in the realm of midgets with regard to wrestling - an uneccesary sideshow attraction.

That enough for ya?