Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Typical TNA

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Yes......but not that full
    your prolly right about that. would be nice for the company if they could manage to fill that badboy up but i highly doubt it very much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Yes......but not that full

You know the Hogans will bring 100s of their best friends to fill up the VIP seating.... You know Brooke always brings 3 or 4 blondes to set behind Tenay and Taz.....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I wonder if TNA will start to give out free tickets when time gets closer and the event is not sold out to try and fill up the venue as much as possible. An old tactic WCW used to use to make it look good on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    I wonder if TNA will start to give out free tickets when time gets closer and the event is not sold out to try and fill up the venue as much as possible. An old tactic WCW used to use to make it look good on TV.
    WWE does that also.
    Just for the last SS PPV they had a lot of trouble getting the tickets out.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Fack. As much as I loathe driving long trips, I'm going to make it to this show. It'll be a good 14 hour drive (or more) from Alabama but it's worth it. I'm with you Darkside, screw Ticketmaster's salty butthole for not letting me choose where I'm sitting. I'll just do what I normally do; make my way to the front anyways lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    You know, TNA is doing so well. Now they've gotten rid of Vince Russo the TV show is much more coherent and you'd think the people working backstage are somewhat knowledgeable of what they should do with the show and the general direction of their company.
    But, once in a while they just have to let you know, that despite their great improvements in the last year(and they have improved greatly) they must let you know that this wrestling promotion is still TNA.
    Even though they removed the crap from the creative side of the company, the corporate side still has the same kind of stupid people working for them. Particularly the owner of the company, Dixie Carter.

TNA announced they are going to run the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas for Lockdown.
    A stadium with a maximum capacity of 70.000. Despite drawing 4000+ at best for BFG last year.
    I don't think lowering the ticket prices, like WWE did back in the 90s is going to work.
    Just imagine how that will look on PPV.
    Here is something interesting I found, which may explain why TNA run shows in certain places....

from
    http://pwinsider.com/article/73907/t...-more.html?p=1
    I recently saw some figures on the internet of some recent TNA house show attendance and one show reportedly drew just 250 fans Bemidji, Minnesota on November 30! Assuming these numbers are accurate, how could TNA have not cancelled this show with such low ticket sales? There is no way TNA made any money off this show, especially with guys like RVD and Jeff Hardy to pay on the card. The other two shows that weekend only drew 550 fans each, so I cannot see this being a profitable tour. How can TNA go ahead with shows like this knowing that they and the local promoter are going to to lose quite a bit of money? There is no way merchandise sales can make up for the lack of attendance. Also, why is TNA running the Alamadome if they probably will not sell more than 4000 tickets, if they are lucky. Seems like they could have rented a cheaper venue in San Antonio. Thanks.
    Answer--I was told awhile back by one source that some of the TNA shows are sold by the promotion to third parties, so the company gets a flat fee either way no matter what the attendance is. Some of the shows TNA runs are financially backed solely by the company, so they are on the hook for whether it does well or not, but others the profits (or lack thereof) land in the lap of those responsible for the show. So, if they have one show where they are getting paid in advance for producing it and then 1-2 others that they are running themselves in cheaper, smaller venues, plus merchandise, VIP autograph packages, etc., I can see how they make their money on the road. It all adds up.
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

They are actually going with the boxing set up and not the entire dome.

The IT Factor

Quote Originally Posted by GhostxViSiONZz View Post
    They are actually going with the boxing set up and not the entire dome.
    I was thinking they had to run that setup i mean seriously i like watching TNA but selling the place out has to be a long shot.

Go to the Alamodome website. You can pick your own seats.