Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Look, I'm not going to say there's anything at all wrong with Punk's philosophy or the straight edge lifestyle. But if you're going to preach about others using artificial means to get by, you want to check your own house first. As for Pepsi and Red Bull - well, I can tell you from vast experience, they are the lesser of two evils.
    Yeah, I've been hit with that too since I love Dr. Pepper and Monster but it's more on recreational drugs. Some take all drugs out including caffiene, only recreational but take prescription medicine. It's a dependant on how much you intake regardless.

Blog Entries
    Straight Edge is so........2005. Besides, anyone who drinks Pepsi and Red Bull, isn't strictly straight edge in my book. Caffeine is a stimulant - why is that not deemed as "artificial"? Taurine and glucuronolactone might be chemicals that occur naturally in the human body, but if they're used to promote a feeling of well being? That's not straight edge - that's what vegetarian is to vegan.
    You mean there are people that class themselves as straight edge just because they drink Pepsi and Red Bull?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

All I know is if that's straight edge I'm so round I might be a football!

On topic: Punk's straight edge 'gimmick' isn't relevent at the moment. He'll probably bring it back if he's feuding with someone less clean cut. If the match vs stone cold happens then I'm sure we'll see straight edge all the way.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post

On topic: Punk's straight edge 'gimmick' isn't relevent at the moment. He'll probably bring it back if he's feuding with someone less clean cut. If the match vs stone cold happens then I'm sure we'll see straight edge all the way.
    that's a fair point. john cena and ryback are two superstars vince doesn't want to link to being "substance abusers"
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    You mean there are people that class themselves as straight edge just because they drink Pepsi and Red Bull?
    No, I'm saying the use of these in a straight edge lifestyle is slightly contradictory. You can bet your sheep shagging arse Tommy that straight edge, if not now will one day have, different levels/sects/denominations whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post

You mean a soccer ball right? lol

Blog Entries
    Straight Edge is so........2005. Besides, anyone who drinks Pepsi and Red Bull, isn't strictly straight edge in my book. Caffeine is a stimulant - why is that not deemed as "artificial"? Taurine and glucuronolactone might be chemicals that occur naturally in the human body, but if they're used to promote a feeling of well being? That's not straight edge - that's what vegetarian is to vegan.
    Well, what about casual drinking? Like you said here.

but if they're used to promote a feeling of well being? That's not straight edge - that's what vegetarian is to vegan.
    That implies that drinking Pepsi for caffeine rush isn't straight edge rather than just drinking it because you like the way it tastes. I only focused on Pepsi because Red Bull, Five Hour Energy, Amp, etc. is solely, to a lesser extent predominantly used, for the morning rush and not for the way casual consumption. So in short, would soda drinkers not be considered straight edge or does mileage vary?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post

That implies that drinking Pepsi for caffeine rush isn't straight edge rather than just drinking it because you like the way it tastes. I only focused on Pepsi because Red Bull, Five Hour Energy, Amp, etc. is solely, to a lesser extent predominantly used, for the morning rush and not for the way casual consumption. So in short, would soda drinkers not be considered straight edge or does mileage vary?
    No, any consumption of traditionally considered drugs and alcohol is forbidden. For some straight edgers, this can even extend to aspirin and other over the counter medicines. But as we've been discussing, is there levels of straight edge?

I can't say that Punk definitely drinks Pepsi for whatever reason, but it's hard to deny the effects after downing 2 liters of the stuff. He could choose the caffeine free stuff, but as we all have seen - he doesn't. Also I have seen Red Bull in his fridge. Might not have been his though.

Also I'm pretty sure the very definition of straight edge is to rely on in NO WAY, any mind or mood altering stimulant.

Look, I'm not going to say there's anything at all wrong with Punk's philosophy or the straight edge lifestyle. But if you're going to preach about others using artificial means to get by, you want to check your own house first. As for Pepsi and Red Bull - well, I can tell you from vast experience, they are the lesser of two evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post

Soda drinkers will still be considered straight edge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    Soda drinkers will still be considered straight edge.
    So, bourbon and coke is cool then?

As I stated above, I reckon there will become different types of straight edge. If there isn't already.

Blog Entries
    Lmao, I totally hijacked this thread and turned it into this one - http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...ght+edge+issue