Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Punk's straight edge thing

I don't remember him bringing it up since his feud with Jericho and I know it's not necessary right now, but do you see the E' using it in the future or it's gone for good nowthat he has the "Best in the world" gimmick???

His character has developed beyond that.
    He doesn't need it.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

It's beyond that point in his career, was a phase and it worked fairly nicely. He's doing great right now just using The Best in the World gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    I don't remember him bringing it up since his feud with Jericho and I know it's not necessary right now, but do you see the E' using it in the future or it's gone for good nowthat he has the "Best in the world" gimmick???
    You still see traces of it being used around Punk. Joey Styles, in a recent article, calling him a "Straight Edged Savior" or Heyman calling him, via twitter, a #StraightEdgeSuperior champion compared to others on the list. Punk needs not use this himself, but it is something that will always be tied to his character when utilizing adjectives to describe him.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    It's not the focal point of his gimmick right now. He's still referred to as 'The Straight Edge Superstar/Champion' by commentary, articles etc, but the main point of his gimmick now is being the 'Best in the World'.
    Who knows if we'll see him return to the 'Straight Edge Saviour' in he future.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Does it really matter in fairness? He is straight edge in real life.

Blog Entries
    Straight Edge is so........2005. Besides, anyone who drinks Pepsi and Red Bull, isn't strictly straight edge in my book. Caffeine is a stimulant - why is that not deemed as "artificial"? Taurine and glucuronolactone might be chemicals that occur naturally in the human body, but if they're used to promote a feeling of well being? That's not straight edge - that's what vegetarian is to vegan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Straight Edge is so........2005. Besides, anyone who drinks Pepsi and Red Bull, isn't strictly straight edge in my book. Caffeine is a stimulant - why is that not deemed as "artificial"? Taurine and glucuronolactone might be chemicals that occur naturally in the human body, but if they're used to promote a feeling of well being? That's not straight edge - that's what vegetarian is to vegan.
    Interesting thought. I thought that it was just lack of recreational drugs that made you straight edge... I wonder if caffeine falls under that.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Are there varrying degrees of straight edge? Im sure ive seen some people site abstinence as part of straight edge, others say you have to be a veggie. I get your point though, caffeine is evil and should not be encouraged. [He says swigging yet more coke]

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    Look, I'm not going to say there's anything at all wrong with Punk's philosophy or the straight edge lifestyle. But if you're going to preach about others using artificial means to get by, you want to check your own house first. As for Pepsi and Red Bull - well, I can tell you from vast experience, they are the lesser of two evils.