Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gift Thread

Blog Entries
    This year is going to be great because now my daughter is almost 6, she's really aware of what Christmas is all about (not the religious part ironically) and the wonder and excitement is really there for her now, which makes it unreal for me too! I've got her a bike and about a million (slight exaggeration) books, about 40 from the Horrible History series among others.

Blog Entries
    Oh I mean books for giving. Broad appeal, for adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    On a side note even though its an old series Animorphs is still one of the best series I've ever read
    I read nearly every book in that series back in Elementary school.. Great book series haha I should buy a collection if they have it. I reread every book if I had the chance

Blog Entries
    The best gift I have ever gotten was probably one of the call of duty games.. I play them so much.
    The best gift I have ever given was probably a metal fold out chair... It was to a girl who called me chair from high school on because I gained it during a debate tournament for apparently not having a soul. so instead of signing the chair dennis, I signed it chair and when she opened it she laughed hysterically. it was not in a box or anything and she couldn't guess what it was... it made me chuckle how surprised she was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good books they have really enjoyed?
    Since your not american I don't know if you have read many american classics. to kill a mockingbird is as good as it gets for an american classic.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I read nearly every book in that series back in Elementary school.. Great book series haha I should buy a collection if they have it. I reread every book if I had the chance
    You'll have to hit ebay since they stopped printing new copies a few years ago, my set cost about 150.00 but it had every book in the series including the side chronicle stories
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

The best gift I ever got was this past year for my birthday. My wife has gotten into wrestling thanks to me and she has the same taste in it that I do; the athletic aspect is more appealing than the "entertainment" aspect. She is a big time fan of TNA and despises the WWE product (sorry Rob, but she hates Vickie the most. She agrees that she's a great heel, but her voice is such a turn off that she can't even listen to her speak.) I have been to many wrestling events when they are in my area, but this past year my wife went all out and bought us floor seats (4th row) to see the 10 year anniversary of TNA (Slammiversary X) in Dallas. It caught me completely off guard when she told me about the event in June, and she even set up a dinner for us with a few of my friends who live in Dallas. We had such a great time and if anyone saw the event, it was even more amazing in person. I started several chants at the event that went through the whole arena and my wife even brags that she got to slap hands with Jeff Hardy (who she isn't a big fan of, but still thought it was cool.)

The best gift I ever gave was for my wife the year we got married. Her birthday had come up and we were still dating at the time, but I bought her a necklace and a pair of earrings that I thought was very sweet. We were at her parents’ house and everyone had given their gifts to her, with me being last. She opened the box and immediately her eyes flooded with tears (we were dating and had "talked" about marriage one day at this point, but I think this birthday is what sold her on the idea) as she just stared at them. A BIG smile came over her face and she got up and hugged me real hard. I didn't know it at the time, but the charm attached to the two items was a "love knot" and was something that she had really wanted. It meant the world to her that I gave her something with such meaning behind it. I will never forget that look on her face and the smile that gift produced.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

The best I've gotten was an autographed Stan Musial St. Louis Cardinals hat. Got it last year and literally almost cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Mythbuster's did a moonlanding special, that completely debunked all the skeptical claims of falsify a lunar landing. It was superb. I wish I was a Mythbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Mythbuster's did a moonlanding special, that completely debunked all the skeptical claims of falsify a lunar landing. It was superb. I wish I was a Mythbuster.
    Woops! Wrong thread! FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Did MythBusters also debunk the idea of getting and giving gifts as a falsehood in life because I'd watch that show

Sorry, I figured you meant this to be in the conspiracy section, but I had to take the shot when it was wide open

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone