Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
    I'm not condoning that people should go out and kill themselves, infact, I think I'm almost nearly against that, but, think about how many people could possibly commit suicide this month, purely because they've fallen for the myth of the belief that the world will really end.

On a related note: Think about how much higher the world's average IQ will be, come January.

Swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    I'd rather deal with little sprinkles of conspiracy theorists than an entire population that blindly believes their government and everything they say. While many theories are outright stupid, I like the overall value in questioning things instead of taking things at face value. Forget stupid shit like reptilians, I'm talking about looking at the facts about something(key word being facts) and forming your own opinions on things than can be debatable rather than just accepting what someone tells you.
    Congratulations... You're phone lines and internet accounts have now been tapped for this statement... You can thank Big Brother for that (one of my favorite conspiracies is the tie in from the book 1984 to our world to date)

Quote Originally Posted by CMBison View Post
    A quick thought. Nothing to do with evidence or anything, it's about the 21st day, of the 12th month, of the 12th year of the 2nd millennium. That the "World's gonna end" as said by the Mayan Calender(Which they never believed in predictions by the way).
    Seriously, do you know why the calendar stopped at that specific date? It was the end of their calendar because they had counted 3 generations of the "seasonal" (this is the simplest way to describe it; think "3 full millenniums") calendar which ended on this date. The reason they stopped; because they felt someone by now would have still been here to count the next 3 seasons. They were wiped out/vanished so no one wrote a new calendar... And as to the "how could they not predict their own fate" comments; they weren't predicting the fate of man, they were telling the future Mayans when the best time to harvest crops was.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I'm not condoning that people should go out and kill themselves, infact, I think I'm almost nearly against that, but, think about how many people could possibly commit suicide this month, purely because they've fallen for the myth of the belief that the world will really end.
    I have thought about this myself. The invention of such "Doomsday Bunkers" has been at an all time high and has me laughing all the while. When the Earth does cease, be it by rapture and the returning Christ (which IS what I believe will happen, but I am a Christian and believe that the spoken words of my God are the truth; even if others disagree with my point of view, it is my reality that I have lived that has proven the existence of God in my life, which is something no one can take away from me), or by the collision of some Planet X with our own planet, to the explosion of our sun, to nuclear fallout... I find the idea of building a "shelter" from the end of man to be a humorous idea; to think that "I am smarter than what took out people smarter than me" is comical in nature. Humans are perhaps the stupidest of creatures in the aspect of worrying and stressing over things out of their control; so much so that they even take measures to prevent things that they "think" one day "might" happen but "if" they do this one thing "maybe" they will outlive all the others. Far too many of us have a God complex that ends up making us look much more like ants then enlightened creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post

On a related note: Think about how much higher the world's average IQ will be, come January.

Swings and roundabouts.
    Almost fell off my chair.

It comes down to the old "removing all the warning labels" idea, really, doesn't it? Let them see to themselves or it's gonna be Idiocracy for all....

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Almost fell off my chair.

It comes down to the old "removing all the warning labels" idea, really, doesn't it? Let them see to themselves or it's gonna be Idiocracy for all....
    I wish I could proudly say that Humans are past it, but I am afraid that the "factual" answer is that we are more Lemmings that jump rather than a creature that adapts (an example eludes me at the moment; I just got "Prometeus" handed to me and I have been dying to see the flick. Catch you guys in about 2 hours.)

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Congratulations... You're phone lines and internet accounts have now been tapped for this statement... You can thank Big Brother for that (one of my favorite conspiracies is the tie in from the book 1984 to our world to date)
    I'm Canadian. I'm not going to suggest that Canada doesn't have a "big brother", but we're no US. If the US is watching me, cool... more power to them. If I can figure out a way to moon them, I would.

Anyway, I don't buy that the end of long count means the end of the world. How does it mean that? The only reason long count exists is because short count sucked. Short count if I remember correctly could only hold 52 years at a time. What, did the world end every 52 years? Of course not. The calendar rolled over so they could count another 52. Eventually they came up with long count because they couldn't record history with short count.

Their numbering system just sucked, that's all. Ours is pretty much infinite, you can add or take away as much as you like and even express things in billions.

Blog Entries
    It occurred to me that a lot of people want "the information they're not giving us" and to perhaps use that information to "smash the machine that tries to control what we're told and our way of thinking". Or something like that. But these people, the ones that want "effect change" and/or "stand up to the man", they don't have any reasonable solution for in the event of that stuff ever happening, do they? I can see them now, just left shrugging their shoulders and waiting for someone else to step up to the plate. And it would be in this event that the realisation takes place that the situation people found themselves in - without structure, without rules and without a clue - is the whole reasoning for not letting them in on the whole picture in the first place. Because, by and large, the average man is not up to the job.

And that is why I think anarchists are stupid.

Go to hell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    And that is why I think anarchists are stupid.
    A few years ago there was a case here of these ignoramus uni students and human rights activists who broke into a detention center for asylum seekers and let a whole bunch go free. They even ferried some lucky ones away from there. But when they realised they didn't have plan for what to do with them then, they dropped them by the roadside. Oh, and the detention center was in the desert. Good work guys!!

It's all good and well to want what's best for people but can you provide a realistic, workable solution, not based in ideology and wishful thinking? I thought not.

Blog Entries
    My new theory on December 21st...the Mayans will reveal grand opening or their malls all over the world just in time for Christmas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CMBison View Post
    My new theory on December 21st...the Mayans will reveal grand opening or their malls all over the world just in time for Christmas.
    I'd watch my back if I were you. They didn't lay low all this time just to have you spoil the surprise