Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Aces & Eights

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I disagree, I think he's got potential to be a main event star. Should he return, I hope he gets that chance.
    He was definitely being fast tracked to main event. It's no surprise that when he left, Ziggler finally got his main event push.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    He was definitely being fast tracked to main event. It's no surprise that when he left, Ziggler finally got his main event push.
    Exactly. He'd been tested by a couple of tag title and IC title reigns, had been tested in the main event by having WWE title matches and matches against Miz and Sheamus. He was definitely getting there.
    I'd say, given that he was very over with the fans, he'd get there if he were to return.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    I think the storyline will end up being that they are a bunch of guys that were former stars in both TNA and WWE and now neither company want them. Devon was "kicked out" of TNA, and WWE didn't want him back. Same with Mike Knox and DOC (Luke Gallows). They were fired by WWE, and TNA wouldn't sign them, so they all joined Eric Bischoff. Eric Bischoff, who I believe will be a co-leader along with Jeff and Karen Jarrett, will complain that he led WCW to almost beat WWE, became an authority figure for Monday Night Raw as its greatest General Manager, and also took over TNA with Hulk Hogan, and now he has nothing. Same story with Jeff and Karen Jarrett - Jeff will complain that he created TNA, and ultimately got booted out and sent to Mexico. So, yeah, they are a team of pretty much disgruntled ex-wrestling stars. I believe D'Lo will NOT be revealed as a member, and his character as the "Club VP" is a stand-in for Eric Bischoff. Either that, or his character will slowly fade-out of the storyline, and eventually return as Bischoff.

The last two members, I believe, that will be revealed are Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco (who is obviously the blonde haired member of Aces and Eights). There reasons are Wes Brisco being fired from WWE and believeing he shouldn't have to have went throught Gut Check because he is "wrestling loyalty". And Garrett to re-align with his Dad and blaming TNA and Hulk Hogan for turning on his Dad.

A few things about Aces & 8"s

WWE Stable

So I noticed that so far all of the members of Aces & 8's are former WWE superstars .. Devon, Mr Anderson, Mike Knox, Luke Gallows.. and if Eric Bischoff of Jeff Jarrett are behind this that makes it all former employees of WWE..pointing out the obvious but makes me think if they are going somewhere with that angle, which brings me to my next point

Wes Brisco & Garrett Bischoff

If these 2 are in Aces & 8's will anybody care ? Once they are revealed, will it even make a difference ? I cant stand these 2 guys right now, there boring and uninteresting so hopefully as Aces & 8"s members that will change

Patched In

Who was the guy patched in month ago for taking a beating and where did he go ? He thanked Sting and Kurt Angle for patching him in and then he was gone

I really hope that they don't do anything with the idea that they were all WWE guys at one point, I'm so sick of tna trying to get attention by taking pop shots at wwe and this would feel like a completely rip of Nash and Hall invading wcw.

I personally don't care about Brisco or Bishoff, I've heard some people say that they like them but I can't see why. And its so painfully obvious whats gonna happen with the pair of them, they'll turn on angle cost him some high profile match and then three months later they probably wont even be on tv anymore, that it takes any excitement about a potential heel turn away.

Ace's and 8's as a whole has been a very interesting storyline but its getting to the point where they either need to reveal who they are and whos in charge and take the story to the next level or just stop because its becoming annoying and repetitive on every level.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

I think that the current members of Aces and Eights shows TNA's reliance on past WWE talent to gain viewers, and I say this as a fan of TNA. How many current members of Aces and Eights are current WWE talent? DOC, Devon, Knox, Anderson. Honestly, my interest is dwindling. I was hoping to see some new faces in the group that I've never seen before and maybe a recurrence of an extreme knockout. I'm not seeing it yet and the group is losing face. If it's just a bunch of guys whining about how they were mistreated up north and taking down TNA for whatever stupid reason creative can cook up then the whole thing is a flop.

Bottom line, I need to see a new face and a logic to Aces and Eights, and soon.
    I want to know who looked at David Otunga and said "You know something? This guy's good." They deserve to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    Wes Brisco & Garrett Bischoff

If these 2 are in Aces & 8's will anybody care ? Once they are revealed, will it even make a difference ? I cant stand these 2 guys right now, there boring and uninteresting so hopefully as Aces & 8"s members that will change
    My question is, have you really seen enough of Wes Briscoe to think he's boring and uninteresting?

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    My question is, have you really seen enough of Wes Briscoe to think he's boring and uninteresting?
    He is talented.. I have seen enough of him but him teaming with Garrett ruins it

And the fact that Tenay, Tazz and Keneley keep saying wait i know him thats former WWE star .... etc. I agree it looks like a former wwe stable might be happening.

Blog Entries
    Don't know who's behind, but I know who shouldn't be behind it, is someone who ws in TNA. It should be someone who TNA aquired who isn;t from WWE. It should be someone who wants to make an impact in TNA by bringing together all these names together. He even got to the guys already in TNA who don;t have any major roles. Some one who will be revealed at LockDown in Lethal Lockdown.

I just think there should be a new threat to TNA instead of the same old guys returning to take control. Devon was real big surprise at BFG, but it was sad that is was the only big treacherous surprise. If it is Bischoff then I will lose further faith. I hate how TNA always grabs for that "nWo Magic" again by having someone betray the fans by turning heel or simply revealing themselves to be behind something so big. TNA doesn't need that, what they need is something and someone completely different. ORIGINALITY is the keyword.