Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 40 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 444

Thread: Aces & Eights

  1. #291
    Anyone else think the main problem with Aces and Eights is they lack the cool factor to make them more interesting?
    I was intrigued at first but have increasingly grown disinterested in the group. I don't think the biker image is a particularly good one, and the first 2 to take of their masks DOC and Devon hardly the most compelling characters and didn't help their momentum. Devon especially seems out of place to me, albeit trying his best in the role.
    The segments in their backstage club are a little daft and their evil group laughs are entertaining for all the wrong reasons!

  2. #292
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytopographic View Post
    Anyone else think the main problem with Aces and Eights is they lack the cool factor to make them more interesting?
    I was intrigued at first but have increasingly grown disinterested in the group. I don't think the biker image is a particularly good one, and the first 2 to take of their masks DOC and Devon hardly the most compelling characters and didn't help their momentum. Devon especially seems out of place to me, albeit trying his best in the role.
    The segments in their backstage club are a little daft and their evil group laughs are entertaining for all the wrong reasons!
    Its slowly getting boring now i have to say i am all about slow builds but this isn't building at all.

  3. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Its slowly getting boring now i have to say i am all about slow builds but this isn't building at all.
    I disagree. I think they are doing well building each character individually, which is why there's so much time between reveals. Think about it; after Devon was unmasked at BFG, we got to see "heel" Devon on the mic and use his ability to draw a bit of heat. It gained some chatter because Devon has always been better on the mic as a heel. When that died down, we got the unmasking of DOC, followed soon after by the excellent build up of his as a credible "threat" with his hammer attacks. I don't think the "group" has been building as a whole since they started unmasking these guys, but they have been doing their best to build each character in their own way as they started taking the hoods away.

    This is a longer storyline that has had it's slow points, but it has picked up a LOT of steam from where it was two months ago, so I am not going to say it is "getting boring" when it has already made it past the midway point and is on it's downward side of the tale. The "boring" stuff to me happened when Aries faced the "Armbreaker" and they kidnapped Sting/Hogan. These past 2 months have been WAY better than that.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  4. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Its slowly getting boring now i have to say i am all about slow builds but this isn't building at all.
    Same here mate, i like it when storylines get built up over time and have a chance to breathe rather than the flash bang Russo style, but the Aces and Eights has struggled to hold the interest. Having invested this much time into it they need to see in through to the end, we can only hope there is a fun twist that reignites it.

  5. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I disagree. I think they are doing well building each character individually, which is why there's so much time between reveals.
    That's a good point but for me those first 2 reveals were a bit disappointing. They built it up as a very big deal and then...Devon was revealed...and then Luke Gallows, certainly not no marks but not big stars either, not 2 characters to build excitement about the group.

  6. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytopographic View Post
    That's a good point but for me those first 2 reveals were a bit disappointing. They built it up as a very big deal and then...Devon was revealed...and then Luke Gallows, certainly not no marks but not big stars either, not 2 characters to build excitement about the group.
    The first reveal had the biggest build up because there was such a massive amount of time to speculate. I was happy with Devon for one simple reason - it swerved everyone. People were speculating from Matt Morgan to Abyss' "third face" and everyone in between. Devon stayed loyal to the part, be it on twitter or in any other media outlet. He wasn't that "major" name that people wanted to see, but it was that major swerve everyone wanted. Had it been a "John Morrison" or another major free agent, everyone else would have been a letdown. With Devon, they gave the fans a solid curveball and turned one of the biggest fan favorites in the Impact Zone (regardless of his standing outside of Florida) against them.

    As for DOC, he wasn't meant to be a big "shocker" moment, but rather new blood into the group. I think the worst part of the reveal is that Joseph Park pulled the mask off the way he did, making DOC look like a bit of a buffoon, but they squashed that after the attack on Sting. He was redeemed from that by making the attack brutal and the intentions blatant; I am here to hurt you. The intent of these two characters being unmasked wasn't to get you to mark out, but rather to keep the ball rolling and your wheels turning as to who is next. The mark out moment will come at the payoff. At this point though, I am not sure if anyone will be happy with the final product because so many have preached negativity about this angle since its inception, rather than sitting back and enjoying the ride. It doesn't bother me that people are critical of this angle; the problem I have is that they are critical over things shouldn't bother wrestling fans (i.e. the reward of a minor moment isn't "major" enough for them). People complained that they needed to start unmasking these guys to "associate a face" to the group, yet complain when the first 2 of many (3-4 "goons" and 2 majors left) weren't "big enough" names.

    Like I said, I have had some frustrations with this angle as well, but I am bothered more by the fact some would call this part of the story "boring" when it has become more interesting now than the original attack on Sting to start the angle.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #297
    It's one of the better angles TNA has put out there, but it seems to have lost some steam ever since Devon was announced. I'm still interested to see who the remaining members are but I think it's gonna take a few more months until all of them are revealed. It'll be interesting to see what TNA makes of it from that point on if anything.

  8. #298
    Black Ninja! Shaz11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spliff City
    Posts
    10,698
    Blog Entries
    27
    I like how they're taking time with the masks to come off, so they can build up the members. And plus, it'll give us a better shock for the PPV/Impact.


  9. #299
    Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco I think will be the tag team of the group, Devon going for the TV title, DOC for the World title/Enforcer, and the other guys for numbers. I think the storyline will have to pick up soon with all the members being revealed. I think someone like D'Lo needs to be revealed as a member. That way you know they've inflitrated management as well.

  10. #300
    Super Member Rockstar83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where Ever I Am Currently
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post


    It seems Garett Bischoff has been caught out and we all know that Drew Hankinson is DOC, I believe that Wes Brisco is another member anyone else have any photos to prove it?

    This doesn't mean anything the only REAL reason he was a member was because they want to "Rotate" random wrestlers to FOOL US. But Wes Brisco is DEFIANTLY a part of ACES & EIGHTS.

    I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.