Page 1 of 45 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 444

Thread: Aces & Eights

  1. #1

    Aces and eights (who may be behind it)

    I have been enjoying this storyline I can't wait to see how they reveal each of the Aces and Eight, but for some reason I have the idea that maybe The Pope D' Angelo Dinero may be behind it. I can see him pinning it on James Storm considering the fact he has had issues with Storm (his last match being against Storm) and returning to be part of the gauntlet match in the series would be eliminated by James Storm could be a reason why he may want to give Storm issues. If he is behind it lets hope this storyline can lead to gold as he deserves it.

    Thoughts on you guys believe is behind it.

  2. #2
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,004
    Interesting thought on the Pope but I don't think its gonna be pope, aside from being in the bfg series he's had nothing to do with the storyline. I don't really see any one in teh bfg series right now being the leader as I don't see any of them as being faction leader material unless their planning to use it to turn Storm or Aries heel.

    I heard a rumor that they were planning to use this as a way to bring Jarrett back and as much as i'd like that I think it was just a rumor.

    On a side note I only found out the term 'deadmans hand' is an actual poker term meaning your hand is made up of aces and eights so now I feel like an ass for rolling my eyes about the name
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


  3. #3
    TNA needs to run with this A&8's as long as it can before revealing them. It's gaining momentum and curiosity with the fans and thats good for business. I hope they don't reveal them for awhile yet.

    TNA has come a long way and the best is yet to come if WWE dosn't start addressing some of their issues as of late. Expect to see former wwe talent head this way down the road if things don't soon get resolved over there.

    that would definatley be good for TNA business. I see TNA becomming a threat in the future for WWE. TNA is on a one way track, only one way to go is up!!! WWE been on top and the only way is down and sooner or later they will meet in the middle yet again....just like the good ol day's. cheers when i mean meet in the middle im refering to WCW

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedidldum View Post
    TNA needs to run with this A&8's as long as it can before revealing them. It's gaining momentum and curiosity with the fans and thats good for business. I hope they don't reveal them for awhile yet.

    TNA has come a long way and the best is yet to come if WWE dosn't start addressing some of their issues as of late. Expect to see former wwe talent head this way down the road if things don't soon get resolved over there.

    that would definatley be good for TNA business. I see TNA becomming a threat in the future for WWE. TNA is on a one way track, only one way to go is up!!! WWE been on top and the only way is down and sooner or later they will meet in the middle yet again....just like the good ol day's. cheers when i mean meet in the middle im refering to WCW
    okay now i am not a wwe nor tna mark but HAHA tna have no chance in hell at actually being competition for the wwe. they might be the better show in the future but never will be competition because wwe has over 100 years of past and have the highest ratings, longer show, there shows (sd and raw) have been going longer than impact, they have internet series, movies etc.. and im not saying there good at all but the fact is that wwe has them and tna doesnt and weather the IWC wants to realize it or not wwe has a much bigger fan base than tna, hell John Cena has a bigger fan base than tna and it doesnt matter that there all kids cause its still bringing money in.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by XxJPPRxX View Post
    okay now i am not a wwe nor tna mark but HAHA tna have no chance in hell at actually being competition for the wwe. they might be the better show in the future but never will be competition because wwe has over 100 years of past and have the highest ratings, longer show, there shows (sd and raw) have been going longer than impact, they have internet series, movies etc.. and im not saying there good at all but the fact is that wwe has them and tna doesnt and weather the IWC wants to realize it or not wwe has a much bigger fan base than tna, hell John Cena has a bigger fan base than tna and it doesnt matter that there all kids cause its still bringing money in.
    Sure its unthinkable at this point that tna will be competing with wwe anytime soon. But for all its fanbase and history, wwe seems to have a lot of unhappy fans at the current time and a lack of compelling characters right through its roster and various shows.

    You only have to look at wrestling history to know that nothing can be ruled out, look at wwe in 1990 and Wrestlemania 6, the likes of Hogan, Warrior and Savage bringing in big business and kids everywhere idolising these cartoon characters come to life, flash forward to 1996/7 and wwe is struggling to stay in business (just check the monday night wars dvd). The cartoon character formula had ran its course, the steroid trials brought bad publicity and the likes of Diesel, Bret Hart not proving to have the same type of draw as previous
    headliners.

    All which led to wcw, having a more modern and edgy show, kicking their ass. And who in 1998 watching Goldberg defeat Hogan at the Georgia Dome in front of a capacity crowd would have thought that in 3 years wcw would be out of business and bought by wwe?
    wwe need to up their game and create new stars if they want to retain their position.

  6. #6
    This storyline is probably one the better ones TNA has ever done in the history of the company. It has been intrigued for sure and excited to see where this storyline goes.

  7. #7
    I must be the only one not digging this angle.

    To me it's killing the BFG series, with them getting involves in alot of the matches.

    Not matter how much they build this up when they are unmasked or whatever you want to say, the odds are that they will be WWE regrets, and not the underused ones like masters, it'll probably be the likes of Luke gallows...

    Also it's going to lead the Hogan getting back in the ring, I can guarantee that Brother.


    maybe its the ninjas that kidnapped Joe, now working for Joe




  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytopographic View Post
    Sure its unthinkable at this point that tna will be competing with wwe anytime soon. But for all its fanbase and history, wwe seems to have a lot of unhappy fans at the current time and a lack of compelling characters right through its roster and various shows.

    You only have to look at wrestling history to know that nothing can be ruled out, look at wwe in 1990 and Wrestlemania 6, the likes of Hogan, Warrior and Savage bringing in big business and kids everywhere idolising these cartoon characters come to life, flash forward to 1996/7 and wwe is struggling to stay in business (just check the monday night wars dvd). The cartoon character formula had ran its course, the steroid trials brought bad publicity and the likes of Diesel, Bret Hart not proving to have the same type of draw as previous
    headliners.

    All which led to wcw, having a more modern and edgy show, kicking their ass. And who in 1998 watching Goldberg defeat Hogan at the Georgia Dome in front of a capacity crowd would have thought that in 3 years wcw would be out of business and bought by wwe?
    wwe need to up their game and create new stars if they want to retain their position.


    I'm a WWE fan and i am not dissatisfied....same thing can be said of TNA especially with the release of some of the Knockouts and the the decline of that division as a whole as some of the comments i have read have shown plenty of unhappy TNA fans...and WWE is creating new stars.... Sandow, Broadus Clay (although he is lame right now), Ziggler, etc...the list goes on.... what is TNA doing...the same thing WCW did.... recruit the hell out of former WWE stars..who did they sign recently..Chavo Guerrero..and you know the majority of Aces and Eights (what a lame ass name ) is a bunch of ex-WWE employees....so before you go and speak for the majority of us WWE fans (which you have no clue about) get your facts straight and stop disgusing yourself as an informed fan you misguided undercover TNA fanboy

  9. #9
    My only thing with Aces and Eights is that the group has to be a mix. It's gotta have some new talent in addition to former WWE talent. If it's made up of all former WWE guys, I can just see people ripping TNA's roster saying that they leech off of WWE's. I like Aces and Eights. I honestly want them to stay as mysterious as possible. I don't want to see a big reveal, maybe have one or two guys revealed and then they can be the faces of Aces and Eights. Another idea, is to have them win all the titles, which has been done before, I know, and then they can reveal themselves. I just don't want to see the plot flatline because they were revealed too soon.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rofecoxib22 View Post
    I'm a WWE fan and i am not dissatisfied....same thing can be said of TNA especially with the release of some of the Knockouts and the the decline of that division as a whole as some of the comments i have read have shown plenty of unhappy TNA fans...and WWE is creating new stars.... Sandow, Broadus Clay (although he is lame right now), Ziggler, etc...the list goes on.... what is TNA doing...the same thing WCW did.... recruit the hell out of former WWE stars..who did they sign recently..Chavo Guerrero..and you know the majority of Aces and Eights (what a lame ass name ) is a bunch of ex-WWE employees....so before you go and speak for the majority of us WWE fans (which you have no clue about) get your facts straight and stop disgusing yourself as an informed fan you misguided undercover TNA fanboy
    Oh great another internet warrior who can't disagree with someone without resorting to personal insult. I look at wwe as a concerned former fan of many years and what i said holds up im afraid my dear boy. All my personal friends who used to watch wwe no longer watch, for 2 primary reasons amongst them, 1. they have simply grown and no longer watch any wrestling 2. most think the quality and entertainment value have fallen significantly from the years 1998 to early 2000's.
    I honestly cant watch wwe programs all the way through these days anymore as i find myself getting frustrated rather than entertained.
    Does this mean i begrudge anyone else enjoying the current product? not at all. Do i want wwe to go out of business? hell no. Do i want a genuine competitor to wwe so it can once again rise to the challenge of a rival company and then the competition between them improves the product and talent in both? Yes.
    Hell, im sure Vinny Mac would agree like a lot of former talent have already been saying for years, that wwe need new stars and characters like they have had in the past, after all it means more money in his pocket.
    Like Big lazy Kevin Nash im entitled to an opinion and i can disagree with people holding different opinions on here without resorting to insults, after all lifes too short to have arguments on wrestling forums.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.