Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You just wait. When the WWE boat gets overfull of guys from the indys, they will have lost their appeal. It was OK when it was just DB and Punk. The "You Sold Out!!" chants are just around the corner, I can feel it.

Fuck I hate wrestling fans.
    Honestly, I really only Watch ROH outside of TNA and WWE. I'm OK with that. It doesn't flood my senses when I see new guys debut. I don't deal with the "Oh my god! They killed the Traditional Wrestling Champions gimmick!" Stuff that happens with those who do watch the indies more closely than me. So I agree, the hardcore fan does kill the product for me.

I'm not saying I'm a casual fan, but I'm not a diehard either.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Blog Entries
    Yeah I'm somewhere in the middle. Some days I'm just like " Jeeesssuuus, get a life will you people?? It's not the end of the world- in actual fact, it hardly matters a jot in the real scheme of things" But it's still real to some......

Unintentional derail, sorry! Back to talking about Solid Snake Syphon Filter Shield!

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think you might need counselling. At the very least, a different choice of words.

OT: I expect that after much anticipatory moaning by the Indy Set about when they were going to debut, it won't be long before they're simply seen as, no longer guys from the bingo halls of indys, but firmly as WWE guys. As soon as that happens, the Indy Set will cast from their bosom these guys they hold so dearly, simply because of their origins and fix their eyes firmly onto the horizon again - the horizon of futures possible and expectations never met.

But it's nice to see fresh blood and I hope they do well.
    This is what I like about Nexus, Aces and 8's, NWO.. I just like a bunch of guys to go out and beat the hell out of 1 guy or 2

I really enjoyed the interview with The Shield this week, Roman Reigns confirmed his role as the enforcer of the group and sounded like he got a bit of a pop from the live crowd when he spoke the first time. Rollins came across as the plotter, the brains behind the group for me, and I think he'll do really well with that role as he's just oozing confidence and charisma. Ambrose should definitely take the lions share of the talking though, he's a natural born talker and his little quirks and mannerisms whilst the interview went on really excite me. Just the way he was looking at Cole as he bluntly said 'Nope!' and continued to stare at him makes me think this guy is gonna be a master of mind games during his WWE career.

Can't wait until their first match, I loved Rollins kick to DB towards the end and the spear from Reigns to Ryback as well as Ambrose's maniacal crazed flailing when he's striking a prone opponent!

Main attraction in the WWE for sure right now. (For us internet marks anyway )

Efed stuff that doesn't matter

1 x IWA World Heavyweight Champion - Malcolm Adonis

Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Dean Ambrose

1 x EWNCW Tag Team Champion - Malcolm Adonis w/ Kyojin

Current No 1 Contender to the EWNCW Title - Arthur Lansdale

I lied, it matters.

"Tell me.. what is insane about wanting to create perfection? I'd be crazy not to." - Jarvis Cole

Negatives out the way:

Ditch the Big Boss Man v.2 gear, awful gear. Hope they have better in-ring stuff
    Have a nagging feeling Ryback will squash all 3 and that will be the end of that, hope I'm wrong

Positives:
    Great interview. Ambrose was gold on the mic, Rollins came across as a cocky ass and Reigns certainly came off as a force of nature
    Great to see WWE put three fresh faces from development bang into a big 4 PPV and main event storyline
    I genuinely don't know if they're working for Punk or not. I'm edging towards "they totally are!" but I'm not too sure
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Blog Entries
    I like it so far. but I hope it's not just that they were working for Punk. that would suck. wouldn't be too bad if they were working for Paul and Punk was unawares. other than that it's alright. I like watching them beat the crap out of Ryback. not too big on the name. but all in all it's pretty good.
    super saturday mornings man wake watch
    wrestling which is infinitely entertaining even
    though there aren't any head hits but better
    than the shitty shows on otherwise called
    cartoons crap it is but believe wrestling wins
    real ratings because brother everyone everywhere
    loves loving
    WWE

Secret Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by JBL
    "This is what happens when you cross Free Willy with LaToya Jackson."
    "This is what happens if the Yeti were to mate with Britney Spears."
    "He got the Sea-Monster!"

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this but I'm sick of groups and factions. We have three guys in The Shield who won't get a decent singles match between them for months. Instead we'll have an endless run of matches that have no real ending because The Shield will be interfering and most of those will be main events, no-one wants that. All I see in The Shield is another 3MB.

Individually I don't know enough about any of them to comment but the one match of Rollins' I saw on NXT was good so hopefully they'll get some proper ring time sooner rather than later.

Divas to believe in.

I do agree with what MachoManFan said in respect to them interfering in matches so that we don't get a real end, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with this group, It has potential and I hope it is more than just a flash in the pan. Which it should do as these 3 individuals have a lot of potential but I don't have much faith in creative.

Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

As previously mentioned, I really feel that those excited for their debuts will end up angry when Ryback squashes the three of them. I don't see it ending well for them.
    I'm the Miz...and I'm.........................moderate

My thoughts? Don't take the shield to seriously and Ryback squashing them to seriously.

The shield as a actual group won't last forever, or that long IMO. This group is not going to define these guys careers. This is just a way to introduce a group of new talent and put them in the spotlight fast..ala the Radicals.

They'll go their separate ways once the fans get used to seeing them and get to know them. The ones who gets the most fan reaction will be the star, if not all.

Chill out and be patient. They are not going to get over on the biggest stars over night.