Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    If the timezone is not a problem I don't why not, but I don't expect to be one of the big four PPV

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    I can't really see how buyrates in the US would drop because of the timezone difference. We're only 5-7 hours (I think?) in front you guys. So if the PPV starts at the standard 8pm here, it would mean that you guys would get it mid-afternoon on a Sunday. Who does anything on a Sunday? I think it would be pretty cool to kick back on a chill Sunday afternoon and watch a live international PPV.
    American football. Most of the Sunday games would clash with a 4pm US start time I think. Of course they could get 'round this by coming to the UK in the off season. Summer Slam UK FTW!

Divas to believe in.

Also they could sell out a huge arena or stadium. Wembley, millennium stadium, old Trafford, would all sell out making it as bigger a crowd as wrestlemania

The recent Raw & Smackdown UK live shows were incredible in my biased opinion UK crowds are the best, tied with MSG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    American football. Most of the Sunday games would clash with a 4pm US start time I think. Of course they could get 'round this by coming to the UK in the off season. Summer Slam UK FTW!
    Hmmmmmmm summer slam uk seems to me the best time to host a uk ppv. Anything else would interfere with the nfl as you said. Plus from what I've seen, wembley consistently draws one of the greatest fucking crowds I've heard. Tna should do lockdown there, holy shit that would be ELECTRIC.

Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam View Post
    Hmmmmmmm summer slam uk seems to me the best time to host a uk ppv. Anything else would interfere with the nfl as you said. Plus from what I've seen, wembley consistently draws one of the greatest fucking crowds I've heard. Tna should do lockdown there, holy shit that would be ELECTRIC.
    Tna lockdown at Wembley would be incredible.

Divas to believe in.

I'm putting my vote in for Australia! The MCG is the best stadium in the world

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BugMalone View Post
    I'm putting my vote in for Australia! The MCG is the best stadium in the world
    Speaking of non-uk venues, how awesome was that Milan Italy crowd when santino debuted?

Maybe reboot the KOTR PPV and have it exclusively in England

Quote Originally Posted by Regal>Cena View Post
    Didn't WWE used to do one exclusively for the UK called Insurrextion? I can remember sitting up to watch it on Channel 4 as a teenager?

Those were the days, Channel 4 (Free to Air, back in the days when you either got Sky Satellite that you had to pay extra for or 4 Terrestrial channels for the majority of us) used to show Sunday Night Heat and about 4 pay per views a year
    The following is off wikipedia; Insurrexion and Rebllion were bi-yearly (rotated) and ended in 2003, after the brand extension, due to WWE stating to do international live events and tours (including TV tapings at each tour)
    SummerSlam 1992 Summerslam 1992 took place at Wembley Stadium, London, England.
    One Night Only 1997 only The event took place in the UK in 1997. This was available in Europe and Canada only.
    Capital Carnage 1998 only The event took place in the UK in December of that year.
    No Mercy (UK) 1999 only The event took place in May of that year. Despite being held in the UK, another PPV called "No Mercy" was held the same year in the U.S.
    Rebellion 1999–2002 The event took place in the UK in October 1999 and 2002, November 2001 and December 2000.
    Insurrextion 2000–2003 The event took place in the UK in May between 2000–2002 and June in 2003.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!