Hybrid View

Red face EWN Remembers The Legends of Football

I think we never had a thread like that and we need one.Here you can talk about for the Legends of football why you like them,why you don't like them,their best match, goal or videos of them.Interviews or anything else you guys want.You can also talk about good old managers.But the only rule is that we only talk about retired football players and managers

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Let me start please.

Paolo Maldini:One of the best Italian left/central defenders ever IMO.He played football for 24 years.And even when he was 39-40 years old he was playing with the same passion of an 18 year old.He has two sons currently playing for Milan in the youth teams,surprised?647 appearances and 29 goals with Milan in Serie A.902 games in all competitions.In international level 126 apps and 7 goals.He won the best defender trophy from UEFA at the age of 39 and he almost win the Player of the year award in 1995.A true captain of the team lead Milan to win with them 26 trophies

There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Let me start please.

Paolo Maldini:One of the best Italian left/central defenders ever IMO.He played football for 24 years.And even when he was 39-40 years old he was playing with the same passion of an 18 year old.He has two sons currently playing for Milan in the youth teams,surprised?647 appearances and 29 goals with Milan in Serie A.902 games in all competitions.In international level 126 apps and 7 goals.He won the best defender trophy from UEFA at the age of 39 and he almost win the Player of the year award in 1995.A true captain of the team lead Milan to win with them 26 trophies
    An outstanding defender, truly a legend, he won 5 UCL with Milan and made it to the 1994's World cup in USA with Italy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Let me start please.

One of my idols. A true great.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I would go with Jürgen 'Kokser' Kohler. Former german national defender. World champion 1990, Champions league winner 1997 with Borussia Dortmund. i loved the man.

in the champions league semi finals 1997 against manchester united he stopped the whole utd offense singlehandedly, becoming 'fussballgott' in the process.

Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    An outstanding defender, truly a legend, he won 5 UCL with Milan and made it to the 1994's World cup in USA with Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    One of my idols. A true great.
    Feel free to post something about more football legends

Oh akbar....

Pavel Nedved: Juve fans used to call him "Furia Cieca"."The Czech Fury".After 5 excellent seasons with Lazio, Juve spend 41m(a lot of money at that point of time,still are a lot)to buy him and to replace the all time great Zidane who left for Real.664 apps and 146 goals in his career.In his career he won 17 titles.One of them was UEFA cup with Lazio 1998-99 and one European super Cup again with Lazio 1999.He's also an UEFA cup finalist with Lazio 1997-98 and and CL finalist 2002-03 with Juve.With his national team was the leader for many years and he was a finalist in Euro 1996 and semi finalist in Euro 2004(Dellas).At his last match of his career he played as captain vs his old team Lazio.The won that game 2-0 and he had one assist.He was substituted before the final whistle he received a standing ovation from both team supporters.After the match all the Juve players formed a guard of honer and Pavel did a lap of honor to thank the fans.He was one of the big 3 of the old Juve(Del Piero,Trezeguet,Nedved) and one of the best Czech players ever

Oh akbar....