Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaTheProphecy View Post
    if they do have a second show , they should put it on fridays so it can compete with smackdown , vince will finally get some nice story lines and superstars over there cause of competition , boom , we have great smackdowns again and The Friday Night Wars
    Didn't work on a monday, wont work on a friday.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    The ratings for Impact aren’t that bad, compared to other Spike TV programs, so a spin off should have some logic. With the economy up a certain creak, without a certain paddle, there’s bound to be a lot of peeps that can’t afford to head on a Sat night. I think one of the reasons that Impact crowds often suck is that they are there for free, and they are there for a (relatively) long time. A free crowd for an hour (esp if half cut on beer) could make for a more lively and entertaining show.

For an hour cut the storylines down to the bone, and have a stated reason for the 2nd show, more than ‘because we felt we needed to’, or the roster is too big. Don’t want it to copy the BFG scoreboard system, or for it to replicate a PPV. But instead of trying (and failing) to have all titles defended on Impact, have the TV Title primarily defended here. And then have a survivor series type of build up, with the mid-carders having 2 matches to get a shot for the title at the end of the show. This avoids an (exact) copy of the SS, leads to more matches in a shorter time, and has a much clearer narrative for a shorter show.

There’s no point in comparing wrestling ratings now with at any other point. With so much more TV and Internet programming, no entertainment gets the same audiences as before.

TNA Impact last week scored a .77 it's lowest ever. I know it was Thanksgiving but the rating was down 22% from last year's Thanksgiving show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    TNA Impact last week scored a .77 it's lowest ever. I know it was Thanksgiving but the rating was down 22% from last year's Thanksgiving show.
    Same for any show that is on a Holiday... Non sports NFL or NBA or college football...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Same for any show that is on a Holiday... Non sports NFL or NBA or college football...
    I know, but down 22% from last years Thanksgiving show. That's not good at all. Wrestling in general is way, way down. The product is not what it used to be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    I know, but down 22% from last years Thanksgiving show. That's not good at all. Wrestling in general is way, way down. The product is not what it used to be.
    That really isn't all that much.... Look at Impact normal rating and viewership....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Black Ninja!
    They have a second show...

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

they should deff do like a "main event" show like WWE have a couple matches build the storyline on impact and give it time on the other show even it it was an hour get tired of seein the same ppl . i wouldnt mind seeing pope, samoa joe needs way more tv time too he should be in the world title contention not fuckin bobby roode again!
    Best Gimmick on NXT

Blog Entries
    I always thought they needed a second show when they started cutting people off the show because they had no "stories" to broadcast. They don't really needed a different name, when they tried competing against Raw on Mondays, and they kept the Thursday time slot. Now, the smart thing would've been, tape one big show on iMPACT! and broadcast half the matches and stories on Monday and the other half on Thursdays. TNA doesn't need a second "Brand", just broadcast dark matches and even a second main event for the second iMPACT! show of the week.