Administrator
    Blog Entries

Backstage Update: Royal Rumble & WrestleMania 2...

Source: The Wrestling Observer NewsletterWith CM Punk retaining the WWE Championship against Ryback and John Cena at Survivor Series on Sunday, thereby likely solidifying an expected match with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble, the sports-entertainment organization's creative team has discussed a scenario where The Straight Edge Superstar would defeat The Great One at the annual January pay-per-view event. This would subsequently lead to Punk defending the title against The Undertak...

Read Full Article >>

Possible Wrestlemania plans

From the main board.
    With CM Punk retaining the WWE Championship against Ryback and John Cena at Survivor Series on Sunday, thereby likely solidifying an expected match with Dwayne "TheRock" Johnson at Royal Rumble, the sports-entertainment organization's creative team has discussed a scenario where The Straight Edge Superstar would defeat The Great One at the annual January pay-per-view event. This would subsequently lead to Punk defending the title against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXIX, and Johnson facing Cena in a non-title re-match at the same event. This is not confirmed and there are still ongoing creative talks.

Original creative plans called for Johnson to defeat Punk at the Rumble, leading to a match against Cena for the title—which could still occur. Creative has given thought to how Johnson winning the WWEChampionship would impact the product since there would be no titles defenses at houses shows for over two months leading into Wrestlemania, and also add a new issue of whether he would defend the title at the February pay-per-view event, Elimination Chamber. Not awarding Johnson the title would rectify this problem.

Though the importance of the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship has diminished in recent years, one of the primary reasons that creative has yet to unify the belts is because they feel a title match should close out all house shows.
    What do you guys think?

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, this is a very similar thread to my previous one:
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...t-Wrestlemania

Could moderators look into this, perhaps fuse the threads?
    “Humans disgust me. Vile creatures."
    ― William Regal

Do not want Punk vs Taker because although the build could be good, we all know that Taker will not come back just to lose at Wrestlemania. However, I would like to see this match if the title wasn't involved. Rock beats Punk at RR and defends against Cena at Wrestlemania.

WWE Title
    Rock vs Cena

Punk vs Taker

Quote Originally Posted by k_roll00 View Post
    Do not want Punk vs Taker because although the build could be good, we all know that Taker will not come back just to lose at Wrestlemania. However, I would like to see this match if the title wasn't involved. Rock beats Punk at RR and defends against Cena at Wrestlemania.

WWE Title
    Rock vs Cena

Punk vs Taker
    Yes, I believe this kind of booking would be much better.

I see it like this:

Punk beats Rock at RR and defends WWE title against Taker at WM29! Rock will face Cena again and Cena win to piss people off in NJ/NY.

then sometime down the Road we will see another Rock Vs Cena in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    From the main board.

What do you guys think?
    That if you're going to C&P an article from the main page, look for the thread for said article here http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...nes-Discussion

It's why that section is there.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    OK.
    TLC - Punk retains despite opponent.
    Royal Rumble - Cena costs Rock the title, just like Rock cost him the title at WM27. Thus their match is made next night on Raw for the
    WrestleMania rematch.
    Elimination Chamber - Punk loses the title in the chamber.
    WrestleMania 29 - Punk vs Stone Cold w/ Foley as guest referee. (Punk's opponent is replaceable at this point)
    - Cena vs Rock II
    - WWE Title Match will be between The Miz & Whoever else/Most likely Bryan.
    - While Ziggler cashed in MITB and defends the World Title most likely against Sheamus or Orton.
    - Lesnar vs HHH.
    WrestleMania has 5 main events again like it should be.
    - Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara

- Undertaker's induction happens at WrestleMania 30. another match would rather jeopardize the streak and his career if
    it goes 21-0 or 20-1. So hell no, if Taker doesn't want to taint his career more(the 1st time being the ending the
    streak with a hugfest with a bow to the audience at WrestleMania 28) than he won't wrestle for the good of mankind.

I highly doubt the title will be granted to Rock. They wouldn't dot hat tot he house shows, especially with Rock being gone most of the time. and the "Once in a Life Time" match wasn't guaranteed, it's just a title of a main event. No one said it was etched in stone. and the other matches are just common sense/rumored matches.