Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Does Kofi Kingston have what it takes to win a World Championship?

Kofi has had a long list of championships held Four time IC Champion, Two time US Champion, and Three time Tag Team Champion, yet he has never been able to break the proverbial glass ceiling. Do you think the reason Kofi hasn't been able to get to the World title level is because of Kofi or because of WWE's booking?

Hell no he doesnt have what it takes, and if he ever won the World Championship i would stop watching WWE

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    Hell no he doesnt have what it takes, and if he ever won the World Championship i would stop watching WWE
    Yeah... OK.....

I think Kofi will atleast 1 World Championship belt in his career, but in my opinion he is too sloppy and allways looking like an accident ready to happen when he is running around the ring to be considered as a credible champion.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."

He needs a gimmick change

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    He got one, he's no longer Jamaican. lol

But yeah he does need a change. I would like to see a heel Kofi.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."

agree, i cant see a world champion kofi with the gimmick he has right now, he just doesnt seem credible enough, plus there are around 20 other wrestlers in wwe right now that i would like to see with the world title (new champions) than kofi

Blog Entries
    We've all heard THAT one before

Has he got what it takes? I'm yet to be convinced. He CAN put on top matches. We've seen him out on excellent matches with Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Randy Orton to name a few. Plus he's capable of high spots that the crowd love. He's pretty over with the fans and sells merch pretty good.
    Only part of his game I'm not convinced on is his mic work. And don't tell me "you don't have to have good mic work, look at Ryback", we all know that's just Vince pushing the guy because he likes his physique.

We saw Kofi get some mic work during his feud with Orton, but that wasn't enough to convince me. I need to see more. But if he's got that, then sure, why not.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

but in my opinion he is too sloppy and allways looking like an accident ready to happen when he is running around the ring to be considered as a credible champion
    I thought the same about Jeff Hardy.

I agree on him needing some mic work. I can see him being champ one day. He's definitely over. If he can avoid any major injuries, and continue to be over with the crowd I can see him getting his shot when Vince steps down and Trips (or whoever) takes over.

Never.. many people in the roster deserves it more than kofi..so he should be in the mid card..

He has proven time and time again that he can put on good matches with just about anyone. Yes he is a face that is purely for the entertainment of the younger fans and those that enjoy high flying, but that doesn't disqualify him for ever being a world champion IMO. He's not a joke face or heel that can't be taken seriously like Santino to Ryder (couldn't take them seriously as heels) so at least there's a chance in the future.

The problem is that he has to become a heel that the fans will take seriously. So that means he would have to go into the deep end as a heel, doing things that would get the fans to really hate him. When R Truth became a heel he was good at it, but didn't become a serious threat. Kofi would have to go the devious route like attacking Rey to make a statement and giving a very hateful speech on the mic, then he would get pushed to the moon to be world champion.

He is capable, but the WWE are short on faces to take seriously. That's the biggest problem with turning him heel and pulling this off. The only other route would him to do extreme high impact moves in his matches or leave someone laying during a run-in, thus unleashing the "wildcat" to really get everyone in the crowd going or thwart off a major villian so he could get pushed to that status. Can he do it? Yes he can, it's all about pulling the trigger which we all know that the WWE has a hard time doing, especially at the right time.