View Poll Results: Do you want to see another Barrett Intercontinental title reign?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    29 78.38%
  • No.

    8 21.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    I'd prefer him and Kofi to feud over the title, but for Kofi to keep it and then have Barrett get elevated into the main event. Kofi needs the IC title more then Barrett.

  2. #12
    Fresh Member tigermask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    72
    Blog Entries
    2
    I like Barret, and I would prefer he was in the WHC picture, however with this being said a run with Kofi for a few months over the IC would be great to see, and would be a great invesment of his time. I really want to see him with some gold around his waist, and the IC is his best bet at hte moment as there isn't enough behind him for a WHC push yet.
    “Humans disgust me. Vile creatures."
    ― William Regal

  3. #13
    Black Ninja! HeelTurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    5,622
    Blog Entries
    2
    Considering both the WWE and World title scenes are booked well into next year, I would like to see Barrett get the chance to be IC champion again, and maybe defend it at Mania after a good feud.

  4. #14
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I'd prefer him and Kofi to feud over the title, but for Kofi to keep it and then have Barrett get elevated into the main event. Kofi needs the IC title more then Barrett.
    This has actually been my thought. The only thing stopping this would be the when-it-suits-them-to-be-so fans going "But Barrett couldn't win the IC title! He can't be world champ!"


  5. #15
    Senior Member Marx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    344
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'd like it. I like serious contenders as midcard champs and value the IC Championship. It should belong to the/a next champ, not to a never-will-be.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

  6. #16
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,794
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    Was Barrett's first IC run before or after big zeke? It was around then I think. It was definitely before Cody Rhodes made it matter again.
    Personally I think it's a good thing, like robstar said keep him on high simmer.
    before zeke but it was really forgettable in my opinion
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    before zeke but it was really forgettable in my opinion
    definitely was forgettable, that's for sure!

    I like the idea of keeping him feuding with Kofi until at least The Rumble, possibly 'Mania. Have the title change between them maybe twice but have good booking to keep them both looking strong and elevate Kofi to Barrett's level (Barrett is higher IMO) so that after the eventual pay off to the feud whoever isn't IC champ can have a legitimate shout at the WWE or WHC. With the WWE title picture seemingly sown up until at least April the secondary titles are well placed to gain more interest / importance if booked right.


    Divas to believe in.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    With The Rock coming involved with the WWE title and the WHC having a money in the bank case riding on it I rather Wade didn't get to the main event scene until after WM, so an IC title win would be good, especially if he could keep it in to his top tier title to and then set up a tournament for it after
    agree with this, i cant see anything interesting for him in this time of the year, maybe after mania he can get his shot, but i think his fisrt world title will be won with a mitb briefcase

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    This has actually been my thought. The only thing stopping this would be the when-it-suits-them-to-be-so fans going "But Barrett couldn't win the IC title! He can't be world champ!"
    Yeah it's the same fans that when Dolph Ziggler lost two matches in a row started saying he was jobbing. There will always be those fans, but I think Barrett beating guys like Big Show, Sheamus, Kane, and other former World Champs will do him much better then holding the IC title.

  10. #20
    God Dubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    definitely was forgettable, that's for sure!

    I like the idea of keeping him feuding with Kofi until at least The Rumble, possibly 'Mania. Have the title change between them maybe twice but have good booking to keep them both looking strong and elevate Kofi to Barrett's level (Barrett is higher IMO) so that after the eventual pay off to the feud whoever isn't IC champ can have a legitimate shout at the WWE or WHC. With the WWE title picture seemingly sown up until at least April the secondary titles are well placed to gain more interest / importance if booked right.
    I agree and I'm hoping this occurs as well. Have Wade Barrett win the Intercontinental title at the TLC PPV and cut a promo afterwards about about how he'll be a better Intercontinental champion than Kofi Kingston ever was, have Kofi eliminate Wade Barrett from the Royal Rumble match thus furthering their feud, Kofi Kingston wins back the Intercontinental title at the Elimination Chamber PPV, and then book a 2 out of 3 falls match between Wade Barrett and Kofi Kingston at Wrestlemania 29 where Kofi retains.

    I doubt this may occur and it's fine if it doesn't but it would indeed make for an interesting feud between Kofi and Barrett over the Intercontinental title.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.