Page 124 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1387
  1. #1231
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,083
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Asked and answered for you Tommy.
    You think he's overrated, fine whatever man. You seem to have failed to spot where I agreed with you lol!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  2. #1232
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,431
    Blog Entries
    3
    No Tommy I didn't but when you say that it's none of peoples business, you're wrong. As soon as anyone joins Twitter and posts, they make it the business of others. And - right or wrong - if you achieve any level of celebrity, you are fodder for the judgement of the fickle public.


    Not everybody's paying attention. But most are.



  3. #1233
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,083
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Asked and answered for you Tommy.
    Also, the first part you bolded was speaking about Michael Jackson, and the part you bolded in your quote (which I assume was your answer to my bolded question about MJ) was talking about Angle. I don't get the relation.

    If you're suggesting that I should judge musicians based on their personal lives then I need to start rating most bands I like a lot less than I currently rate them.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  4. #1234
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,083
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    No Tommy I didn't but when you say that it's none of peoples business, you're wrong. As soon as anyone joins Twitter and posts, they make it the business of others. And - right or wrong - if you achieve any level of celebrity, you are fodder for the judgement of the fickle public.


    Not everybody's paying attention. But most are.
    I didn't say it was nobody's business. It's Twitter, how can it be nobody's business if it's on that thing.
    If you're posting stuff on Twitter then you're subjecting yourself to getting flack for any dubious comments you make.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  5. #1235
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,431
    Blog Entries
    3
    That was directed at the media hermit AlexWorldOrder. I wish we could all be so oblique. Oh wait - we are!



  6. #1236
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,083
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    That was directed at the media hermit AlexWorldOrder. I wish we could all be so oblique. Oh wait - we are!
    Oh lol!
    I think that's a sign that I'm tired!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  7. #1237
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You know who else pays attention? The WWE board. If the guy cannot be trusted - whether it's by random verbal vomiting in a PUBLIC forum or if he's caught doing god knows what with god knows who's teenage daughter, pet or vacuum cleaner - then if that information reaches a public forum - and it will - he's a liability. IT DOES NOT MATTER ONE SINGLE DAMN HOW GOOD HIS MATCHES ARE.
    Rob, while I love the content of what you are saying, I have to bring up the fact that the WWE board does weigh in liability versus performance into decisions like this. If they didn't, Punk would not have risen to the heights he has seen. The guy has engaged in verbal warfare from the likes of Chris Brown to even Kurt Angle as he was just "stating his opinion" on topics presented. He's slammed WWE numerous times for not promoting his stuff (as recent as the last two day with his "Talking Dead" appearance), and has assaulted fans verbally and physically. This is not debating if Punk was right or wrong in his actions, but anytime a "Superstar" who holds the WWE belt tells a fan to "kill them self" or hits an audience member, (right or wrong) it will be shaded in a negative light; regardless of his justification. Punk has been able to get past these events because the WWE Board saw his performance (and current value) outweighed his lack of judgment, whereas Jericho was suspended for a flag incident because his performance wasn't crucial to the WWE product at the time.

    The reason I bring this up isn't to say that WWE will sign Kurt when they have the chance, but rather that IF the WWE needed him for something that was of great value to the WWE, they would look past his track record, use him for what they can, and then distance themselves from him when they are through. If he was to go on a twitter rant when involved in a major angle with the current WWE champion (depending on content), they board would look the other way. If he did it while he was just putting younger talent over, he would be suspended or fired, again, depending on the rant. As much as the WWE brass are looking at things like this, they also have proven over time that they care more about making the $$ than they do about someone voicing their opinions on a social medium such as twitter.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  8. #1238
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,431
    Blog Entries
    3
    There's a few key issue with that DRG. Punk is a different kettle of fish altogether. CM Punk has never left them like a lover in the night, with a sour taste in their mouths and a reason for resentment. CM Punk is in the prime of his career - currently, Kurt is in his performance twilight. So what's forgivable for Punk doesn't relate to what's forgivable for Angle. WWE will make excuses for days about what's OK - or at least tolerable - for Punk to do. Bet your bottom dollar they would have done the same for Kurt in his prime too. WWE has so much invested in Punk right now - they'd be fools to give it up.

    But to welcome back into the fold an ex-pat, with a tendency for running off at the mouth? Well you can bet they'd have a gag order of the highest degree on him. Much the same as the original offer WWE made Brock Lesnar to come back - before UFC - WWE will be offering Kurt much less than he might actually be worth. Vince is famous for wanting the upper hand and wanting to teach those who oppose him that their initial choices weren't in the best interests of re-employment with WWE.



  9. #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    There's a few key issue with that DRG. Punk is a different kettle of fish altogether. CM Punk has never left them like a lover in the night, with a sour taste in their mouths and a reason for resentment. CM Punk is in the prime of his career - currently, Kurt is in his performance twilight. So what's forgivable for Punk doesn't relate to what's forgivable for Angle. WWE will make excuses for days about what's OK - or at least tolerable - for Punk to do. Bet your bottom dollar they would have done the same for Kurt in his prime too. WWE has so much invested in Punk right now - they'd be fools to give it up.
    But the point remains that the WWE board makes exceptions for those who are of great value to them. Punk might not have left the way Kurt did, but both men have a track record of saying things that make them look like assholes or idiots when it comes to being a person in the limelight. Punk's saving grace on this is that he has a long term value to the company. That is why I say that his performance (or potential performances / current value) outweighs his lack of restraint when making stupid comments. When you stated the bolded was the direction I was leaning towards as to why Punk has been able to survive his own stupidity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    But to welcome back into the fold an ex-pat, with a tendency for running off at the mouth? Well you can bet they'd have a gag order of the highest degree on him. Much the same as the original offer WWE made Brock Lesnar to come back - before UFC - WWE will be offering Kurt much less than he might actually be worth. Vince is famous for wanting the upper hand and wanting to teach those who oppose him that their initial choices weren't in the best interests of re-employment with WWE.
    I agree that Angle would be on short leash if he was to ever return to the WWE, but I promise you that the amount of slack given would be dependent upon how much the E needed him. As I stated, if he was in a major angle, he would be able to get away with saying what he thought. If he was outside the main event feud, he would be subject to punishment similar to Jericho with the Flag; had Jericho been continuing the angle with Punk, I don't think Jericho would have suffered a 5 day, let alone 30 day, suspension. And yes, Vince would definitely want the upper hand in the matter, but if Angle was the person with the most leverage in the company, he would be granted the same freedom to fuck up as the likes of many other major stars that were at the top of that pyramid. The contradiction I was presenting wasn't a comparison to where Kurt stands with the company, rather what you stated about the WWE brass being so quick to write off stars that could cause potential headaches; as long as the athlete helps them to report their quarterly numbers in the black, they will deal with the headaches of being a PR cleanup crew after a drunken twitter rant.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  10. #1240

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.