Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Southern rock and turbans don't mix(neither does southern rock and Scotsmen for that matter). Southern rock in and of itself... I don't mean to call the southern US racist but I don't think I have to explain to most people that it's not the most welcoming place when it comes to foreigners. I think that's where Jinder sticks out.

Plus... and I don't claim to know a lot about Indian culture, but isn't the turban a requirement if you're going to wear one? We've seen Jinder take it off to wrestle(which obviously is kind of required for that activity), but if he can take it on and off at whim why is he wearing one outside the ring, especially with this gimmick? He still wouldn't fit right into a southern rock group but at least it would be a better fit in terms of appearance.

EDIT: I'm more inclined to believe that it's simply for comedic value. 3MB are ridiculous by nature, the turban just adds to that.
    Last edited by Viperfish; 11-20-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    At first I was really confused on how they were going to make 3MB work with Jinder and even Drew. I was calling for nothing but southern boys like Heath. You couldn't pick 3 more different people, unless you added Yoshi too I guess.

But they are gel-ing. I'm buying it. And once I thought it was stupid has grown on me as one of my favorite factions going on right now. Their behind the music promo was classic and Jinder was the highlight of it.

I don't want him to lose the turban. It's a signature now in 3MB. People act like Middle easterns don't rock out or something. They have their own stars and I can see Jinder being something like this LOL....
    heath is a Southern guy for you and I and the guy in the video are also Southern guys for India..

n India is not Middle east...we are South Asian lols...the whole point of me making this thread is to say JINDER MAHAL is not a MIDDLE EAST GUY or not a TALIBAN...he's a Punjabi Sikh and of Indian descent
    Last edited by Sahu; 11-20-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Just loving the 'Hindu Sikh' faux par, coincidentally have you seen the Jewish Muslim?
    lols!!! I do not know about others I'm a JainoBuddhist Hindu!!!

Follow three religions in general n none in particular..:P

Blog Entries
    EDIT: I'm more inclined to believe that it's simply for comedic value. 3MB are ridiculous by nature, the turban just adds to that.
    Yeah that may be the whole point of having a scot and a Sikh in a band..

Blog Entries
    Plus... and I don't claim to know a lot about Indian culture, but isn't the turban a requirement if you're going to wear one? We've seen Jinder take it off to wrestle(which obviously is kind of required for that activity), but if he can take it on and off at whim why is he wearing one outside the ring, especially with this gimmick? He still wouldn't fit right into a southern rock group but at least it would be a better fit in terms of appearance.
    Actually there are so many variations in wearing a Turban...For Hindus, in Southern (few) and Western States of India Turban is for only landlords n village-Town leaders n heads mostly during auspicious occasions(there can be variations to this rule as well)...In Northern states, Turban is more common and is used as a status symbol...

In sikhs it is a very different thing...It is worn by all those who are baptised to Sikhism...it is like a spiritual crown for them which is a constant reminder to them that their lives are dedicated to Sikh principles....It is a holy one..Jinder Mahal is also a Sikh

But these days, many people are not following it....

I understand while wrestling it will irk but, real ameatur wrestlers wear domalla (second turban). Just see the following pick:

Last edited by Sahu; 11-20-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    He's not the last person in the WWE I'd expect to be in a rock band but he's right up there. It's not the Turban its the attitude & appearance combined.
    I can agree with it....he's lacking at the attitude..he looks very stiff n rigid to be considered into a rock band...

Sorry about the hindu+sikh.
    Yea I'm a Pakistani and the Rock/metal communities here are booming with talent and trust me no one would take Jindar as a rock star. (side note: two of the best Asian Rock bands of the last two decades were Pakistani. I hope you know about Junoon and more recently Qayaas)
    There is a reason cm punk is huge while having a physique of a regular man. He is for real, His attitude is driven from his real life experiences and I'm sure he represents a hell lota people alike.
    When Undertaker was a dead man he looked like it for the rest of his life and people always believed the mysteries about him.

As a Punjabi Its obvious I would always be on Jindar's side and I wish him to go as far as any great wrestler from the past. He is doin a wanabe gimmick right now.

Thanks for the correction. "Indiani" was a keyboard mistake..LOL

Blog Entries
    two of the best Asian Rock bands of the last two decades were Pakistani. I hope you know about Junoon and more recently Qayaas
    I know Junoon, I've gone to Mumbai only to see their concert...

They should get Ron killings and BG James to give them assistance,look how well those two did in the 3 Live Kru

I love it when I stumble onto stuff like this. Thanks for all the info Sahu

Personally I love the 3MB gimmick. When I saw Mahal say that he was the fun one I was sold. Do I think it is a long term deal for all three? No, but at least they're on TV and they are making the most of it.