Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The IWC and the WWE Championship Match at Wrestlemania

Hi Everyone,

Just a simple question to ask you, who would you most like to have in the WWE title match at Wrestlmania,

This poll has been created in reaction to the large amounts of discussions/posts on EWN about the Rock, John Cena & CM Punk being in the running for the final match in numerous combinations. Understandably everyone has their own view point on the matter, and in the forums there have been positives and negatives raised for each candidate being in the match as champion or as a challenger (royal rumble winner). So I thought it would be worth getting structured feedback from the IWC.

Personally; even as a 'CM Punk guy', I would love to see The Rock come in to Wrestlemania with the championship. However I feel alot of hard work has been put in by Punk over the past couple of years, and he deserves to be a headliner this year. And although I am not a John Cena fan (being over the age of 12), I feel he has paid a fair share of dues this year spending most of the past year and a bit out of the title picture. So in my view the perfect match for the headliner of would be:

Rock (c) vs John Cena vs CM Punk

The ground work is already in place for any combination of the three guys so why not just have all three competitors in the match
    “Humans disgust me. Vile creatures."
    ― William Regal

Eventhough I like CM Punk, I would rather to see a rematch between John Cena and The Rock at Wrestlemania for the title. CM Punk could do something else like face Brock Lesner.

As much as The Rock vs John Cena vs CM Punk would be a blockbuster title match I'd rather it were less predictable. Last year's 'Mania was great because the returning, part-time superstar wasn't involved in the title match. The ideal solution for me would be to have The Rock win at the Rumble and have to face the Rumble winner, whoever that may be, and have John Cena face CM Punk in a cage or HiaC match. In any case I'd just like the booking to surprise me so I'm not predicting the WWE title holder 5 months in advance.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raf123 View Post
    Eventhough I like CM Punk, I would rather to see a rematch between John Cena and The Rock at Wrestlemania for the title. CM Punk could do something else like face Brock Lesner.
    If Taker is gracing Mania with his presence, I think it plays out as follows: Cena vs Rock II, Punk vs. Taker (Respect feud), and HHH vs Lesnar II.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Cena vs Rock doesn't need the title imo.

Punk vs. Taker WWe Championship would actually be a waste of a title match (if UT wins he can barely go anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    If Taker is gracing Mania with his presence, I think it plays out as follows: Cena vs Rock II, Punk vs. Taker (Respect feud), and HHH vs Lesnar II.
    If the bolded area happens the streak ends so be careful what you wish for.

Blog Entries
    I would prefer Punk vs Lesnar, have Heyman turn on Punk, saying that Lesnar is the real best in the world. Could move towards a Punk face turn, which iI enjoy. Thereby keeping Undertaker and HHH off the card. With Rock and Lesnar being on the card I'd feel there is enough old names on the card. Still my No1 pick is a triple threat for the title.
    “Humans disgust me. Vile creatures."
    ― William Regal

i would like to see punk vs rock with punk winning back the belt, then going on to face scsa next year cementing his legacy. punk could use the win/push from rock, not cena. cena has already had his time, won more than enough belts and hogged the spotlight enough. his time is over, time for new guys to take over. cena has nothing to gain from cena vs rock II, fans would just stop watching or hate him even more and hogging the belt more would do no good for upcoming talent and do nothing for himself. punk vs rock is the only logical way to go... if rock vs cena II happens again I will quit watching, that's how useless i think a second match would be.
    punk vs rock for wwe title
    ziggler vs orton for whc title(all know its going to happen -_-)
    taker vs lesnar (if he even is competing)
    thats how i see the top 3 matches going down

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    i would like to see punk vs rock with punk winning back the belt, then going on to face scsa next year cementing his legacy. punk could use the win/push from rock, not cena. cena has already had his time, won more than enough belts and hogged the spotlight enough. his time is over, time for new guys to take over. cena has nothing to gain from cena vs rock II, fans would just stop watching or hate him even more and hogging the belt more would do no good for upcoming talent and do nothing for himself. punk vs rock is the only logical way to go... if rock vs cena II happens again I will quit watching, that's how useless i think a second match would be.
    punk vs rock for wwe title
    ziggler vs orton for whc title(all know its going to happen -_-)
    taker vs lesnar (if he even is competing)
    thats how i see the top 3 matches going down
    And we'll all really miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    And we'll all really miss you.
    lol

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....