Hybrid View

Why not factions?

I keep reading where Vince is not a fan, or at least is not interested in bringing factions. I say why not. Several blogs have been written about rehashing old factions with current superstars. I am curious as to what new and unique factions could be brought out and could actually work.

I like the idea of an underdog, former ROH, indy-style wrester faction. This could be spring boarded by Heyman and Punk and include all of the rookies that have helped to screw Ryback as of late. I think it would be great to have Punk as their front man only for a limited time until they 'outgrow' him.

Who would you start a faction with and what would their gimmick be?

Well call me an old pervert but I have liked what I have seen from 3MB (Slater, Mahal and McIntyre). The rock band gimmick has Vinces handprints all over it and it is pretty corny but it works, especially when Slater is the frontman. The faction is also breaking racial boundaries, Jinder is a rockstar with a turban? Cool.

Vince doesn't like factions because he didn't think of the NWO. They are really hit or miss in mainstream wrestling.

i like the idea yes but maybe if you put rollins and ambrose in a tag team in which ambrose can later turn on seth rollins i mean ambrose is a real heel that roman guy looks like a pure heel as well maybe end it with a rollins vs roman feud and an punk vs ambrose feud anyway i wished these guys cheered with cm punk or a big reveal but i have no expectations of this happening would be nice since rollins and ambrose are so damn talented not sure about roman though but everybody needs a muscle guy hell he might break out like batista?
    Damn I need a better catchphrase

Blog Entries
    I think the reason factions are being pit on the back burner is there have been quite a few in recent years, with Evolution, Nexus, New Nexus, CORRE, 3MB ETC. And that's just in WWE. If you take into account people's recent comments on WWE copying TNA as of late, its no wonder Vince would be cold on them. TNA has had so many in the last few years it would be impossible to bring out a faction without people pointing out similarities. I think for factions to work again wrestling needs a length of time without them. So when they come about again it'll be exciting, not repetitive as overstated. Just my humble opinion.
    “Humans disgust me. Vile creatures."
    ― William Regal

He liked the Heenan family, Money Inc., Hart Family, DX, etc. He just prefers to push the singles star over anything else.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps it has to do with Vince being afraid that if he lets a group get together and spend more time together, they'll start hatching their own ideas and doing things their own way. Look at Evolution - every member was either placated with promises of something bigger (money, spotlight, executive position) or undermined out of the company (*coughFlaircough*). Maybe.

Blog Entries
    Maybe it is due to Vince's desire to push guys who are the size of most factions to the top of the bill.
    “Humans disgust me. Vile creatures."
    ― William Regal