Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't think Hostess went broke so much as striking employees filibustered the entire operation out of business. That's what I've gotten out of the articles that I've read, anyways.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Oh is that what happened? Shot themselves in the foot then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I don't think Hostess went broke so much as striking employees filibustered the entire operation out of business. That's what I've gotten out of the articles that I've read, anyways.
    This will happen more as Employee's of large companies get annoyed with underpay, little to no benefits. Not to mention Layoff's because a Large company "Can't Afford" Obamacare. A large company to me shouldn't worry about Obamacare. Small Business should be scared of it. It is too backwards right now.

On a side note: Robstar finally has the best sig going.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm not too sure about the whys and wherefores of Obamacare and it's role in this. But if employees can hold companies hostage to get what they want/deserve, then maybe those businesses will have to be more accountable in the future. A positive sign of the times I would say, even if it's a bit like going backwards to go forwards.

(and yes, it's a pretty darn good sig, I'd say )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Well, I'm not too sure about the whys and wherefores of Obamacare and it's role in this. But if employees can hold companies hostage to get what they want/deserve, then maybe those businesses will have to be more accountable in the future. A positive sign of the times I would say, even if it's a bit like going backwards to go forwards.

(and yes, it's a pretty darn good sig, I'd say )
    Sometimes you have to go Left to go Right. Sometimes you have to go Right to go Left.

Good. I have a burning, seething hatred for Twinkies after my stupid fucking putz of a boss replaced a slew of gaming hardware as my proposed prizes for a contest geared towards gamers with a grand prize of a year's supply of Twinkies and runner-up prizes of a zombie survival handbook. Then he had the balls to tell me that I don't get a raise for not raising the gamer population.

If you have dreams of working in the video game industry and you actually make it, and you find out your boss knows NOTHING about games or gamers... get out. But yeah... Twinkies... hate them.

rather than thinking about the stupid twinkees that are gone, i'm thinking about the 18,000 + plus people who lost their jobs outta this. being unemployed aint to fun.

Best In Da World

Join the BEST EFED IN THE WORLD: #BITW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D.J. View Post
    rather than thinking about the stupid twinkees that are gone, i'm thinking about the 18,000 + plus people who lost their jobs outta this. being unemployed aint to fun.
    If what Ape says is true then they have pretty much put themselves in that position. I'm not blaming them in any way but one follows the other, in due course

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D.J. View Post
    Having gainful employment recently after being unemployed for 3.5 years, yes, it isn't fun.