Page 95 of 343 FirstFirst ... 45 859394959697 105 145 195 ... LastLast

I'd like to take a moment to thank Catherine Tate for being the impetus to finally get me to give up on the pitiful state of the current Office. In the few episodes she's been in so far, she has managed to be so thoroughly awful that I'm now bailing on a show that I've followed for the past 6 or so years.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

The third season of The Walking Dead needs to have Lori's baby die in her womb and then eat its way out. And Carl should get the AIDS and fall down some stairs.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'd like to take a moment to thank Catherine Tate for being the impetus to finally get me to give up on the pitiful state of the current Office. In the few episodes she's been in so far, she has managed to be so thoroughly awful that I'm now bailing on a show that I've followed for the past 6 or so years.
    Really? I'm surprised. I have only seen the Tate ep where she was interviewing for the job. So what are they doing? Here we have Spader in charge right now

Blog Entries
    Hey do you know why Carell decided not to do the last season? I was mulling that over the other day and it baffles me

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Hey do you know why Carell decided not to do the last season? I was mulling that over the other day and it baffles me
    This isn't the last season, but Carrel left the show to spend more time with his kids and focus on his film career.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Really? I'm surprised. I have only seen the Tate ep where she was interviewing for the job. So what are they doing? Here we have Spader in charge right now
    Spader runs Sabre/Dunder Mifflin, but Ed Helms' character replaced Michael Scott as the Scranton Branch manager.

Tate's character ended up getting a job with the corporate office in Florida, and they just did this terrible arc where Jim, Dwight, Erin, and Stanley went down there to try and start up some new kind of retail outlet. The store project ended up being a disaster, and Tate's character somehow ended up in Scranton trying to steal Andy's manager position. She's basically doing a female David Brent impression, only it's absolutely excruciating, and not in a good way like with Gervais.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    It's a shame because it was a great show, superior in many ways to the original version. I guess Catherine Tate can be a bit like Sasha Baron Cohen in that certain characters they do just don't work, but they flog them anyway. I wish SBC would do more normal movies, roles like he did in Hugo or Sweeney Todd.

I hope that doesn't spell the end of the Dwight Schrute spinoff. Because that sounds like them trying to kick that off and failing. I had heard it was the last season but that was a while ago - sounds like it won't last anyway though now

Even though the show is now shit, it remains NBC's top-rated comedy. And with NBC in the state that it's in, there's no way in hell they're going to cancel one of the few shows on their schedule that people actually watch. So, yeah, I don't think the Office's demise is anywhere near imminent.

And if they're going to do a Dwight Schrute spin-off, they desperately need to hit the reset button on the character and reign him back in to the way he was in the show's first 3 or 4 seasons. Just like every other character on the show now, Dwight has become a caricature of his former self, and there's no way I'm about to invest in more asinine beet farm shenanigans if he's going to continue to act like some kind of zany cartoon character.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Finally after putting up with the complete horse-shite that comes out of Tates mouth she has finally left and is now annoying other people instead.

Only good thing she ever did was Doctor Who.

What makes me laugh(well not literally) is the Office has been struggling for a while now it still has some funny episodes but to try and bring it back to full strength they bring along a Catchphrase Comic who is hated by people who like The Offices sense of humor. But hell at least its not Joe Pasquelli, Harry Hill or Patrick Kielty