Page 90 of 324 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    So last night after Raw I watched Sundays episode of The Walking Dead. I enjoyed the episode, though I continually wanted to slap Carl the kid. I'm interested in seeing what happens next.

Focusing on tonight, all new eps of Raising Hope, New Girl, and the return of Breaking In. BOO YA!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I cover a good chunk of the shows I like/love in the opening post. As far as current laughers go, though, I think I'd have to put Louie and Parks & Rec. as the real cream of the comedic boob-tube crop.
    So i DVRed two episodes of Louie over the weekend. Just watched the first one which was about Louie having to watch his niece which i thought was pretty funny and a decent episode, and the second one is where he gets an offer to hook up with a chick, finds out she is married and its to be a 3 way, and has Chris Rock come pick him up. I'm still watching it, but it is pretty funny/decent. I'll have to keep an eye out for other episodes/new season this summer

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    So i DVRed two episodes of Louie over the weekend. Just watched the first one which was about Louie having to watch his niece which i thought was pretty funny and a decent episode, and the second one is where he gets an offer to hook up with a chick, finds out she is married and its to be a 3 way, and has Chris Rock come pick him up. I'm still watching it, but it is pretty funny/decent. I'll have to keep an eye out for other episodes/new season this summer
    I think as a general rule, people would be better off not going into Louie for laughs. That isn't to say that the show isn't funny, as it's often quite blisteringly hilarious. The thing is, Louie's primary motivation isn't just about bringing the yuks. Dude's a surprisingly adept short film maker in love with the work of Woody Allen, and his entire FX series completely eschews sitcom conventions in favor of just letting Louie execute whatever idea, story, or concept he feels like. The show runs the gamut in terms of the emotions and the tones that it deals with- it often feels like a different series every time you tune in, and that helps to keep it fresh- and it's deceptively provocative on an intellectual level. Louie's not about hitting laugh ratios so much as he's trying to challenge the viewer, and that's what makes the series such a special piece of work, at least in my eyes.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    I think as a general rule, people would be better off not going into Louie for laughs. That isn't to say that the show isn't funny, as it's often quite blisteringly hilarious. The thing is, Louie's primary motivation isn't just about bringing the yuks. Dude's a surprisingly adept short film maker in love with the work of Woody Allen, and his entire FX series completely eschews sitcom conventions in favor of just letting Louie execute whatever idea, story, or concept he feels like. The show runs the gamut in terms of the emotions and the tones that it deals with- it often feels like a different series every time you tune in, and that helps to keep it fresh- and it's deceptively provocative on an intellectual level. Louie's not about hitting laugh ratios so much as he's trying to challenge the viewer, and that's what makes the series such a special piece of work, at least in my eyes.
    I can see your point in everything you said there Ape. I've tried watching it before, and at times been like "meh". But I think this is going to be one of those shows I get the seasons that are out on dvd to watch and catch up, and then catch the new season this summer. Did you ever watch Wilfred? The US/FX version, not the british version

I can see your point in everything you said there Ape. I've tried watching it before, and at times been like "meh". But I think this is going to be one of those shows I get the seasons that are out on dvd to watch and catch up, and then catch the new season this summer. Did you ever watch Wilfred? The US/FX version, not the british version
    Yeah, I watched the entire first season of Wifred (mainly because a friend of mine did some writing on the show). While never quite "great", I thought it approached "really good" on more than one occasion. Seemed to get better as the season went on, too.

Oh, and the original Wilfred series is Australian, not British.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I watched the entire first season of Wifred (mainly because a friend of mine did some writing on the show). While never quite "great", I thought it approached "really good" on more than one occasion. Seemed to get better as the season went on, too.

Oh, and the original Wilfred series is Australian, not British.
    I agree. I enjoyed it immensely. And darn it. I knew it originated from another country, just not sure why i thought it was British haha. I have seen the original on IFC a few times, though I haven't watched it

Blog Entries
    I agree. I enjoyed it immensely. And darn it. I knew it originated from another country, just not sure why i thought it was British haha. I have seen the original on IFC a few times, though I haven't watched it
    I take that as a personal affront! British indeed!

I really liked the US Wilfred. I thought it improved on the Australian one personally, but good casting will do that. The Wilfred character has been slightly tweaked and if you watch the Aussie one, it's pretty clear to see.

So you know one of the writers Ape? I've heard Jason Gann is a bit of a prick, but anyway. I can't wait for season 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I take that as a personal affront! British indeed!

I really liked the US Wilfred. I thought it improved on the Australian one personally, but good casting will do that. The Wilfred character has been slightly tweaked and if you watch the Aussie one, it's pretty clear to see.

So you know one of the writers Ape? I've heard Jason Gann is a bit of a prick, but anyway. I can't wait for season 2
    Oh shoot. Shoulda realized when I mixed em up I get someone from down under after me haha. I watched like 2 minutes of it one time(the Australian one), and don't remember why I changed it. I'll have to keep an eye out for it on IFC. So anyone else a big fan of Justified? Just heard it was renewed for a 4th season

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say 4th season, I pretty much regard the 2 versions as different shows. But technically you're correct

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I wouldn't say 4th season, I pretty much regard the 2 versions as different shows. But technically you're correct
    Wait.....what??? When i say 4th season, im referring to Justified, another show on FX. Not either version of Wilfred lol