Page 79 of 338 FirstFirst ... 29 697778798081 89 129 179 ... LastLast
    The Big Bang Theory is the sitcom that I've been automatically defaulting to for hangover viewing recently. You know, when you just want something mildly funny and non-offensive that doesn't require much focus/thought/attention... King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond used to be my go-to post-Jagermeister cheese, but those wells have began to run a bit dry.

The thing is, I'm beginning to non-ironically enjoy TBBT sober, and have been firing through about four episodes a night the past few days. I've essentially been living under a rock as far as recent sitcoms go, so I need some suggestions for something similar to replace it. Nothing too shitty (Will and Grace) but preferably nothing too amazing either because I want to make it last (Seinfeld, Frasier)

It's nothing like I've been describing, but I was thinking about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Would you say this is good hangover TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    The Big Bang Theory is the sitcom that I've been automatically defaulting to for hangover viewing recently. You know, when you just want something mildly funny and non-offensive that doesn't require much focus/thought/attention... King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond used to be my go-to post-Jagermeister cheese, but those wells have began to run a bit dry.

The thing is, I'm beginning to non-ironically enjoy TBBT sober, and have been firing through about four episodes a night the past few days.
    This is pretty much the same for me.

About to watch the new episode of The Walking Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post

The thing is, I'm beginning to non-ironically enjoy TBBT sober, and have been firing through about four episodes a night the past few days. I've essentially been living under a rock as far as recent sitcoms go, so I need some suggestions for something similar to replace it. Nothing too shitty (Will and Grace) but preferably nothing too amazing either because I want to make it last (Seinfeld, Frasier)

It's nothing like I've been describing, but I was thinking about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Would you say this is good hangover TV?
    I think I kinda feel that way with a show I think I have kinda started enjoying recently: Psych. It's actually got some comical moments, which seem to be well written, and acted, at times. I have actually formulated an outwardly chuckle. Again, it's harmless fun, that, for the normally sooopaaaa soooopppaaaa serrrrrious cop show, is something really easy to get lost in for an hour or so. The comic timing between the two leads is pretty good, and I've noticed a lot of wrestling references slid in there from time to time. Dr Thuganomics PhD MD MSc, was in the last one I watched. LAWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I think I kinda feel that way with a show I think I have kinda started enjoying recently: Psych. It's actually got some comical moments, which seem to be well written, and acted, at times. I have actually formulated an outwardly chuckle. Again, it's harmless fun, that, for the normally sooopaaaa soooopppaaaa serrrrrious cop show, is something really easy to get lost in for an hour or so. The comic timing between the two leads is pretty good, and I've noticed a lot of wrestling references slid in there from time to time. Dr Thuganomics PhD MD MSc, was in the last one I watched. LAWL!
    Did you by any chance catch the episode that was an entire homage to Twin Peaks, with many of the original cast appearing in roles? That was a lot of fun.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Did you by any chance catch the episode that was an entire homage to Twin Peaks, with many of the original cast appearing in roles? That was a lot of fun.
    I don't think I have. A channel over here has been showing like an episode a day or something, and I've only recently got it series linked, so I've come into the show at around the end of season 3/beginning of season 4 point. This may be a later episode? I'll look out for it, and look forward to catching it though.

I don't think I have. A channel over here has been showing like an episode a day or something, and I've only recently got it series linked, so I've come into the show at around the end of season 3/beginning of season 4 point. This may be a later episode? I'll look out for it, and look forward to catching it though.
    Yeah, it comes up in Season 5, so you have it just around the corner.

The Season 4 finale is a lot of fun, too, as it's a bit of a tribute to Hitchcock.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

New Walking Dead episode wasn't bad. Good way to restart the series.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    New Walking Dead episode wasn't bad. Good way to restart the series.
    Yeah I thought it was a decent way to come back after the huge cliffhanger they had at the midseason finale. I think it'll be interesting to see where they go from here

I've seen Psych pop up on the Sky Planner now and again, so I might just give it a crack. Besides, I have a soft spot in my heart for cop shows in general - I even like some of the poorly written and dreadfully formulaic ones like the CSIs, The Mentalist, Monk and Blue Bloods. (which, incidentally, just started again today) Guess I must feel confortable with the familiarity of the characters or watevZ.

I ended up downloading the first seasons of Buffy and Supernatural for my weekends. They're both shows that I've kinda wanted to watch, but have always been put off because of their insane fanbases. So I guess it's, like, an experiment. At worst, I could always rub one out to the ginger slag from American Pie.