Page 69 of 341 FirstFirst ... 19 596768697071 79 119 169 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I know people are fond of that camp attack for the gore factor and, well, there's action and stuff, but I thought the execution was weak (except, of course, for KNB's fantastic make-up work). Up until that point, they never did an effective job establishing the size of the camp and just how many people were there. So when the zombies showed up and started getting their grub on, I was more surprised by the appearance of the zombie fodder than the actual zombies.

And, yes, the entire segment with the cholos caring for the elderly was just all kinds of silly. It didn't help that Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman scripted that particular episode, and dude writes some of the clunkiest dialogue around.

I will admit to actually liking the scene at the beginning of the episode with Andrea and her sister fishing in the middle of the quarry. I thought that was a nice set-up for some emotional pay-off for when Andrea's sister inevitably became an amuse-bouche.
    Yeah it was for the gore. I had just started watching Walking Dead and at the time they could do no wrong in my eyes but I get what you're saying, they could of done a better job but IMO they still pulled it off well.

Yeah really could of come up with something better than looking out for the elderly, it's like they have a WWE writer

Yeah the beginning part was very well done.

Do you have a favourite episode? I can't choose between almost every episode of season 1, I rate the first and last episode of season 1 quite highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Do you have a favourite episode? I can't choose between almost every episode of season 1, I rate the first and last episode of season 1 quite highly.
    Definitely the pilot, "Days Gone By". Even though one or two of them come close, I don't think any of the other episodes balance the violence/horror with the quieter character moments quite as well.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Half way through the latest season of Dexter.

Better then the last some very gruesome murders but its a very predictable season.

Still enjoyable though. And Colin Hanks is actually very good wish i could say the same for EJO

Blog Entries
    I think my favourite show right now is Big Bang Theory.

For the benefit of our British members:

Charlie Brooker's 2011 Wipe, BBC Four, 30th December. Remember to set yer VHS/Sky+!

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    For the benefit of our British members:

Charlie Brooker's 2011 Wipe, BBC Four, 30th December. Remember to set yer VHS/Sky+!
    Did not know this. Joyful, joyful. I'm going to set my camcorder on a pile of books on top of a chair to record it as the tv plays it, retro.

I genuinely still use my VHS to record stuff on a regular basis. Tapes are pretty difficult to come by, but Blu-Ray and Death Valley Driver just doesn't hold the same charm.

I made fair use of VHS's back in the day.

I watched a programme a few years ago about how VHS beat Betamax, and DVD beat whatever it was it beat (can't remember, minidiscs?), and Blu-ray beat HDDVD. They put Blu-ray in PS3's, but that costs Sony more to do than they sell them for. So for every PS3 sold they lose money. But they don't give a shit, because they make their money on all the games and other shit, (I think?). It's basically just an advertising campaign. Fuck, I can't really remember now, some of that is true.

Also just noticed the sig. Hahaha Hohoho

I knew that Sony were operating at a massive loss when the PS3 first came out, and also that it wasn't really selling all that great at the beginning thanks to the massive price tag. I assume they've made/ are going to make mondo profits in the long-term now - probably several factors more than the ridiculously popular Wii - just on banking on blu-ray winning the "format war" alone.

I just can't get into blu-ray myself, though. I'm not enough of a stickler for video quality to justify the extra price of the discs. (What're they, still £20ish a pop for a film?) And I've also just spent the last decade of my life amassing a giant DVD collection too, probably in the 500+ region, not to mention all the old videotapes I've inherited from relatives/car boot sales over the years. No way am I starting from scratch again!

Typical tight-fisted Scot taking the cheap option.

Just got done with the trailer park boys on netflix..best comedy I've see sine Arrested Development
    The silverback alpha male needs no signature