Page 68 of 337 FirstFirst ... 18 586667686970 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 3365
  1. #671
    Phoneshop tonight! Anyone watch it?

    Series 1 was alright but series 2 is way better!
     

  2. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdogg4 View Post
    loved Brisco Country Jr!! Fox has a bad habbit of not not getting behind great shows, Firefly and Arrested Devolpment were the best shows in years and both got cancelled.
    Yeah, Fox blows- least they still have the Simpsons on. And yes, Arrested Development, great show that did not get much of a chance- 3 seasons and it was over. Thank god for DVD releases- if not stuff like Brisco County, Jr, FireFly, Arrested Development, Prison Break and oall other short lived Fox shows would be lost. Now if only I could find American Gothic on DVD at a decent price.

    And I'm a Walking Dead watcher too, show rules- as does Sons of Anarchy

  3. #673
    Normal Member LoGik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West Coast California
    Posts
    180
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdogg4 View Post
    Any Walking Dead fans in here?
    yea that's a real good show. the last episdode i watched though was the one where they open up the barn.
    One Of The Best To Do It.

  4. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGik View Post
    yea that's a real good show. the last episdode i watched though was the one where they open up the barn.
    That was the last episode that aired. The second half of the season doesn't return until February.

    I thought The Walking Dead's pilot was fantastic, but it's honestly been a series of peaks and valleys ever since. The show certainly has the potential to be a uniformly good show, but I don't think it's quite there yet. It flirts with greatness from time to time, but it unfortunately often gets too dragged down with an excruciatingly plodding pace, poorly drawn characters, and really stupid writing decisions. I'm not sure if all the enthusiasm just comes from everyone's love of zombie media or their excitement at finally having some solid genre fare on the flicker-box to...err...sink their teeth into, but I can't help but think- and this isn't specifically directed at anyone here- that people who herald it as the greatest show on television either A. aren't being completely objective or B. just need to watch better shows.

    Let it be said: I'm really pulling for the series, though. I thought the second season's departure of showrunner Frank Darabont (as well as the incredibly slashed budget) would be the death-knell for the show, but I was pleasantly surprised by how the show seemed to actually improve somewhat this go round. I sincerely hope the show finds its footing, as I think they've assembled a strong cast (Andrew Lincoln's wonky accent aside) and the source material is definitely there to lay the ground-work for some compelling television to be built around. With any luck, they'll get the fuck off that farm when they return in February and get a bit more momentum going than a Walker shuffling downhill.

    Also, more Daryl Dixon, please, and less T-Dog, like, stat.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  5. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    That was the last episode that aired. The second half of the season doesn't return until February.

    I thought The Walking Dead's pilot was fantastic, but it's honestly been a series of peaks and valleys ever since. The show certainly has the potential to be a uniformly good show, but I don't think it's quite there yet. It flirts with greatness from time to time, but it unfortunately often gets too dragged down with an excruciatingly plodding pace, poorly drawn characters, and really stupid writing decisions. I'm not sure if all the enthusiasm just comes from everyone's love of zombie media or their excitement at finally having some solid genre fare on the flicker-box to...err...sink their teeth into, but I can't help but think- and this isn't specifically directed at anyone here- that people who herald it as the greatest show on television either A. aren't being completely objective or B. just need to watch better shows.

    Let it be said: I'm really pulling for the series, though. I thought the second season's departure of showrunner Frank Darabont (as well as the incredibly slashed budget) would be the death-knell for the show, but I was pleasantly surprised by how the show seemed to actually improve somewhat this go round. I sincerely hope the show finds its footing, as I think they've assembled a strong cast (Andrew Lincoln's wonky accent aside) and the source material is definitely there to lay the ground-work for some compelling television to be built around. With any luck, they'll get the fuck off that farm when they return in February and get a bit more momentum going than a Walker shuffling downhill.

    Also, more Daryl Dixon, please, and less T-Dog, like, stat.
    That was a damn good read and I agree with it all.

    Mainly the bolded part: Daryl is a great character.
     

  6. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    That was a damn good read and I agree with it all.

    Mainly the bolded part: Daryl is a great character.
    Yeah, Daryl is fucking awesome. I thought he seemed like a bit of a lazy archetype for the first run of episodes, but he's probably the one character that they added the most dimension to in the second season. Just about every time he's on screen now the show seems to spring to life a little bit more, so I'm thankful they didn't go where I thought they were going with that bone-headed scene where Andrea tried playing hero on top of the RV.

    For all I care, they could spin Daryl off onto his own show. I'd truthfully rather watch an hour of him riding horses, eating magic mushrooms, and cutting the ears off of Walkers every week than a bunch of people just standing around having multiples of the same conversation and making increasingly idiotic decisions.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  7. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, Daryl is fucking awesome. I thought he seemed like a bit of a lazy archetype for the first run of episodes, but he's probably the one character that they added the most dimension to in the second season. Just about every time he's on screen now the show seems to spring to life a little bit more, so I'm thankful they didn't go where I thought they were going with that bone-headed scene where Andrea tried playing hero on top of the RV.

    For all I care, they could spin Daryl off onto his own show. I'd truthfully rather watch an hour of him riding horses, eating magic mushrooms, and cutting the ears off of Walkers every week than a bunch of people just standing around having multiples of the same conversation and making increasingly idiotic decisions.
    Hell yeah he is!

    An hour of Daryl = Better than season 2

    I am quite disappointed with season 2 really. They've spent almost all of this season looking for Sophia while on the farm and I'm just hoping that when it returns they don't spend the rest of the series focusing on Lori and Rick's baby while still on the farm.

    Yeah there has been some good parts in series two but I enjoyed every episode of season 1 from start to finish which is something I can't say about this series.
     

  8. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    I am quite disappointed with season 2 really. They've spent almost all of this season looking for Sophia while on the farm and I'm just hoping that when it returns they don't spend the rest of the series focusing on Lori and Rick's baby while still on the farm.
    I love how they spent six episodes spanning out over several miles of wooded area to look for her, but they couldn't even be bothered to check the BIG FUCKING BARN a couple of hundred feet from their own campground. Mensa International, here Rick & Co. come!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Yeah there has been some good parts in series two but I enjoyed every episode of season 1 from start to finish which is something I can't say about this series.
    Really? Huh. I actually thought the first season's "Vatos" episode was worse than anything from Season 2. I'd even go so far as to say that I consider it the least of the show's episodes thus far.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  9. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I love how they spent six episodes spanning out over several miles of wooded area to look for her, but they couldn't even be bothered to check the BIG FUCKING BARN a couple of hundred feet from their own campground. Mensa International, here Rick & Co. come!
    Exactly haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Really? Huh. I actually thought the first season's "Vatos" episode was worse than anything from Season 2. I'd even go so far as to say that I consider it the least of the show's episodes thus far.
    Really? That was one of my favourite episodes Apart from the twist with them looking after the old people, I didn't like that, but going to find Daryl's brother and the attack at the camp was great TV IMO.

    That episode aswell as every other episode in season 1 had a moment that I can still remember and I can't even remember when I watched season 1, that's how good it was.

    Season 2 has had to many episodes where everything has been similar. Wash clothes, make food, look for Sophia, small problem, fix problem, end credits. The best bit so far in season 2 has probably been Shane and Otis getting the medical supplies or anything involving Daryl. I really do hope it picks up when it airs again in February.
     

  10. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Really? That was one of my favourite episodes Apart from the twist with them looking after the old people, I didn't like that, but going to find Daryl's brother and the attack at the camp was great TV IMO.
    I know people are fond of that camp attack for the gore factor and, well, there's action and stuff, but I thought the execution was weak (except, of course, for KNB's fantastic make-up work). Up until that point, they never did an effective job establishing the size of the camp and just how many people were there. So when the zombies showed up and started getting their grub on, I was more surprised by the appearance of the zombie fodder than the actual zombies.

    And, yes, the entire segment with the cholos caring for the elderly was just all kinds of silly. It didn't help that Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman scripted that particular episode, and dude writes some of the clunkiest dialogue around.

    I will admit to actually liking the scene at the beginning of the episode with Andrea and her sister fishing in the middle of the quarry. I thought that was a nice set-up for some emotional pay-off for when Andrea's sister inevitably became an amuse-bouche.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.