Page 48 of 342 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 58 98 148 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    I think I know exactly what you mean by "very American" - haven't seen The Pacific, but I thought the same about Band of Brothers - but I can't for the life of me explain in actual words what this criticism actually means. Sort of... overly sentimental and yet difficult to feel attachment with any of the characters? I don't know.

I'm planning to get round to finishing the Berlin Alexanderplatz miniseries. I started watching it back in March and thought the first few episodes were incredible. It's a true work of art, and could perhaps be an
    even better miniseries than Bergman's Fanny and Alexander or even Kieslowski's Dekalog.

But I can't stop watching Seinfeld.

You see i loved BOB and i didnt find it too american at all i loved all the characters from it BUT they were mainly British actors

- Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    You see i loved BOB and i didnt find it too american at all i loved all the characters from it BUT they were mainly British actors
    It's not so much the fact there were British actors more than the production was very Spielbergian.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    It's not so much the fact there were British actors more than the production was very Spielbergian.
    I do like the battle scenes though episode 2 and episode 1 were excellent

I'm still amused by this idea of using "very American" as a description, haven't got it out of my head yet.

I'm guessing it must be the polar opposite of something being "very European"*, which suggests to me something depressing, introspective/existential, slow-paced and artsy.... so optimistic, extrovert, fast-paced and pedestrian? Eh, that's not always a bad thing, I suppose. It's sometimes a good thing.

* - Not in the Claudio Castagnoli sense of the phrase, although let's not forget he is indeed VERY European.

HEYYYYYYY!

Is Wilfred really a hit comedy in the states?

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    If your really bored and want to watch a reality show about a truck stop this is for you. Missouri Truck Stop It's actually not as bad as it sounds.

Also for those that use to watch the show "Roseanne." She has a new show called Roseanne's Nuts. Its about her new life living in Hawaii on a macadamia nut farm. She is still crazy if your wondering.

Is Wilfred really a hit comedy in the states?
    It's found a big enough audience to warrant a second season renewal only a few episodes into the first season's run.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    It's found a big enough audience to warrant a second season renewal only a few episodes into the first season's run.
    Cool wanna know if its worth watching we are getting it here in the UK but when you hear Hit Comedy in the US you kinda dont think its true because we hear that alot.

Although nobodies said that about Ugly Americans and i love that show

Cool wanna know if its worth watching we are getting it here in the UK but when you hear Hit Comedy in the US you kinda dont think its true because we hear that alot.
    I don't think it's appointment television or anything, but I usually give it a watch while I'm waiting for Louie to come on. A lot of other people seem to be pretty fond of it, though.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I don't think it's appointment television or anything, but I usually give it a watch while I'm waiting for Louie to come on. A lot of other people seem to be pretty fond of it, though.
    Cool its normally on at like 11:30pm here so i guess it will be cool for something to watch that you dont have to concentrate on.