Page 44 of 327 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 3263
  1. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Who's the Canadian guy who does all the one-liners? He's been on Mock The Week a few times but I can never remember his name.
    Fucks knows but he is funny.


    It turns out im mixed raced.

    My dad is african american and my mother runs the 200 metres


    - Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

  2. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    Two incredibly shit films almost as bad as Resident Evil series
    You're right on the money, my friend. Right on the money.

    Man, what a squandered opportunity the Resident Evil flicks are, too. They royally screwed the pooch with those and seem intent on continuing to do so.

    *curses Paul W.S. Anderson*

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    But i dont believe in that will the pay the main character is a British actor who has been in and out of work for a while now over here and hes happy just to be working.
    Well, Andrew Lincoln's probably safest considering that Rick Grimes is the star of the whole shebang. He's probably the one member of the cast who isn't expendable. Plus, with the way he's established himself as a viable lead, he's also likely going to have the most opportunities available to him coming out of the project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    And with scripts it would be an excellent chance to take some newbies on who havent done Zombie horror before and see what they come up with.
    This would be neat, but even most established veterans aren't given carte blanche to write whatever they want. Shit, Frank Darabont was a 3-time Oscar nominee and he still got chased off of a dinky cable channel for not letting some suits do what they wanted. Just think of that for a second.

    I do dream of the day when all this changes, though. I really, truly do. Creativity is actively discouraged in the industry, and that's all sorts of soul-crushing for those of us to whom this stuff is important.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    And alot of the actors/actresses in the series arent that well known to be fair one did prison break and the other i already discussed.
    Actually, most of the actors on the show have established careers as seasoned character actors here in America. And funnily enough- we were just talking about The Shield, and the chick that plays Andrea was actually Agent Olivia Murray on the 7th Season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    Land of the Dead is more critically acclaimed then the Dawn of the Dead remake. Most stated that if it was just 30 minutes longer it would be a classic
    I don't know, I'm looking at a media aggregate site that compiles reviews and not quite getting that picture.

    Land of the Dead:
    - 74% of general critics liked it (w/ 125 positive reviews, 45 negative) and an average rating of 6.6 out of 10.
    - 66% of top critics liked it (w/ 21 positive reviews, 11 negative) and an average rating of 6.4 out of 10.
    - 56% of general audiences liked it (out of over 128,000 ratings) and an average rating of 6.2 out of 10.

    Dawn of the Dead:
    - 74% of general critics liked it (w/ 131 positive reviews, 45 negative) and an average rating of 6.7 out of 10.
    - 61% of top critics liked it (w/ 20 positive reviews, 13 negative) and an average rating of 6.1 out of 10.
    - 75% of general audiences liked it (out of over 370,000 ratings) and an average rating of 6.8 out of 10.

    I don't doubt that there might have been a critic or two clamoring for another half hour of sky flowers and Big Daddy, but it doesn't appear to be any kind of universal consensus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    Fair enough about Zombies and the Infected thats a long ass decision that no one wants at the minute in time.
    Yeah, I hear that.
    Last edited by Iron Ape; 08-12-2011 at 11:22 PM.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  3. #433
    Thats the prob i recognise a few faces but apart from Andrew Lincoln(Thanks for that couldnt think of his name he was excellent in Teachers show went right down hill when he left) there was only two i recognised Sarah something from Prision break and yeah i did recognise the actress form the Shield but i did have to google her lol

    In the UK it was regarded as a very good horror film according to our critics. I dont really look at critics form the states because its very hit and miss because we are so alike and so different.


    And yeah Resident Evil tones of potential and yet its pure shite. I was hoping the introduction of Chris Redfield would of been a light for the series but its too much about Anna and i dont give a shit about her.

    They should just start again like they did with Spiderman and like they are going to do with the Fantastic 4.


    - Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

  4. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    In the UK it was regarded as a very good horror film according to our critics. I dont really look at critics form the states because its very hit and miss because we are so alike and so different.
    See, I think much of your cultural divide is a bit self-inflicted, as I'm not coming across any sort of empirical evidence that suggests the UK as a whole is actually regarding these movies any differently than any other part of the world. But then again, I'm not of the mind-set that geography somehow plays an arbitrary role in a how a film is looked upon. While not entirely similar, I'm not buying into us actually being different enough to cause completely different perceptions of the same film. I mean, we're really not that different.

    Could it be that you're taking micro experience (of, say, just 1 or 2 reviews) and applying it on a macro level? If so, that would make a great deal more sense.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  5. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    See, I think much of your cultural divide is a bit self-inflicted, as I'm not coming across any sort of empirical evidence that suggests the UK as a whole is actually regarding these movies any differently than any other part of the world. But then again, I'm not of the mind-set that geography somehow plays an arbitrary role in a how a film is looked upon. While not entirely similar, I'm not buying into us actually being different enough to cause completely different perceptions of the same film. I mean, we're really not that different.

    Could it be that you're taking micro experience (of, say, just 1 or 2 reviews) and applying it on a macro level? If so, that would make a great deal more sense.
    Well i do think there is a massive difference check out our 'hit' tv shows

    The Office - US Remake was completely different to ours and many people here prefer the UK version (I dont i love Steve Carrell)
    Red Dwarf - Massive over here for many years didnt work in the states at all
    Footballers Wives - Same again didnt work in the states.

    Same thing goes with alot of your shows over here for example Hawthorne isnt on over here and thats had a few seasons in the States and has a big star in the main role.

    And regarding films why did you think BAFTA winners and normally different to Oscars winners???


    - Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

  6. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    Well i do think there is a massive difference check out our 'hit' tv shows

    The Office - US Remake was completely different to ours and many people here prefer the UK version (I dont i love Steve Carrell)
    Red Dwarf - Massive over here for many years didnt work in the states at all
    Footballers Wives - Same again didnt work in the states.

    Same thing goes with alot of your shows over here for example Hawthorne isnt on over here and thats had a few seasons in the States and has a big star in the main role.
    How did we go from how people with a critical eye often universally view the quality of a project to differing projects not resonating with differing audiences (with more micro examples being applied on a macro level)? Even ignoring the bait and switch here, a multitude of different factors are being glossed over that would explain why a series might work in one country and not in another (including the approach of the product, the appeal of the talent involved, the marketing of said project, how it fits into a network's brand, target demographics, the overall landscape of television at that moment, etc...).

    And, besides, an even bigger fundamental flaw with that assertion is that there are tons of examples of American sitcoms being re-purposed and re-purposed successfully for other countries. I mean, the biggest sitcom in Russia right now is a new version of Everybody Loves Raymond (now called Everybody Loves Kostya). Does that in some way mean that American and Russian cultures are not different? Not at all. So, yeah, that particular train of logic just doesn't quite make it to station. But it's all irrelevant, really, as the conversation was about how "good = good" in varying countries, not how "good = an audience".

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    And regarding films why did you think BAFTA winners and normally different to Oscars winners???
    Because the BAFTAS specifically recognize achievements in British film excellence while the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, well, doesn't. Applesauce and orange chicken, bro.
    Last edited by Iron Ape; 08-13-2011 at 12:21 PM.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  7. #437
    I do want to thank you, Eve, for all of the quality discussion we've been having, regardless of whether we see eye to eye on stuff or not. People like you and Kash make threads like this actually worthwhile.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  8. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    How did we go from how people with a critical eye often universally view the quality of a project to differing projects not resonating with differing audiences (with more micro examples being applied on a macro level)? Even ignoring the bait and switch here, a multitude of different factors are being glossed over that would explain why a series might work in one country and not in another (including the approach of the product, the appeal of the talent involved, the marketing of said project, how it fits into a network's brand, target demographics, the overall landscape of television at that moment, etc...).

    And, besides, an even bigger fundamental flaw with that assertion is that there are tons of examples of American sitcoms being re-purposed and re-purposed successfully for other countries. I mean, the biggest sitcom in Russia right now is a new version of Everybody Loves Raymond (now called Everybody Loves Kostya). Does that in some way mean that American and Russian cultures are not different? Not at all. So, yeah, that particular train of logic just doesn't make it to station. But it's all irrelevant, really, as the conversation was about how "good = good" in varying countries, not how "good = an audience".


    Because the BAFTAS specifically recognize achievements in British film excellence while the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, well, doesn't. Applesauce and orange chicken, bro.
    Well its six of one really half the stuff translates well half of it dosent.


    ERMMmm the BAFTAS isnt exclusive to British films


    - Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

  9. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I do want to thank you, Eve, for all of the quality discussion we've been having, regardless of whether we see eye to eye on stuff or not. People like you and Kash make threads like this actually worthwhile.
    LOL thanks same to you also.

    Yeah i did kinda side step alot but the point i was trying to make is Amercians and the British have different tastes. But the UK is a very diverse place for tastes as i imagine the USA is.


    - Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

  10. #440
    Black Ninja! WWTNA Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Garfield, NJ
    Posts
    6,862
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    *VOMIT* painfully unfunny i hate that crap.
    Agreed man. I just don't find it to be funny. The same way I don't find Everyone Loves Raymond funny.
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.