Page 22 of 342 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 72 122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    ^ Louis Theroux is a national treasure, he still makes captivating documentaries from time to time. There's an episode of Weird Weekends where he visits WCW, it's quite fun.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHb7HDSSi_A

I've been watching Treme over the past few days. I knew it would be a good show given that David Simon is behind it, but I didn't expect it to be handled with such... dignity? (can't think of the appropriate word right now) Fantastic stuff.

Ayone know if the Danish series "The Killing" (Forbrydelse) is worth watching?
    DOUBLE NINJA'D(?) TAE FUCK MIN!!!

Was going to mention about Louis at the old Power Plant. Also everything he does is great. The short series of visiting the deadliest cities in the world was good. Also, i think his most recent, "Ultra-zionists" in Israel was great.

Also i just recently, as of Wednesday and last night, watched all the episodes of Treme that have been shown on SkyAtlantic up until today! I mentioned it earlier in here, asking any of the US boys here what they thought of it (...rubbered), and that it was from the Wire people (Simon). I had watched the first episode a while back and didnt really know what to make of it, if it was for me, you know, and then just left it for a while on series link (records each episode that comes on). Then i didnt hae anyhting to watch, and it was taking up memory, so i just watched them all! And im glad i did, its wonderful. It actually makes me want to see the next episode and the next episode, which is something that it didnt do after the 1st. The realness, use of actual New Orleans residents and musicians im sure, is what i love, added to the great actors that featured in the Wire.

Just to ask, anyone watch Bored to Death? Its a HBO show. Just started here on Sky Atlantic, and i caught the first episode, seems ok. ?

Yeah, I also felt pretty indifferent towards the pilot episode.... Given how much Sky were hyping the shit out of the series, (+ Sky Atlantic in general) I guess it was destined to feel somewhat underwhelming at first because it liked to take its time and isn't full of gunfights/explosions/things of that ilk. But yeah, after watching several episodes one after the other, (Series Linking is a godsend) I'm now officially hooked.

Speaking of hyping the shit out of series... Game of Thrones! I really can't wait until this series starts because I'm such a huge fan of the A Song of Fire and Ice series of books.

I haven't seen any of the Danish version of The Killing, but I'm really looking forward to Sunday's debut of AMC's American go-round; the majority of the advanced reviews have been raves.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Question: Do you guys ever watch a pilot episode that you see promise in, only for said show to soon be cancelled? Happens to me sometimes and it sucks after you invest time into it!

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Question: Do you guys ever watch a pilot episode that you see promise in, only for said show to soon be cancelled? Happens to me sometimes and it sucks after you invest time into it!
    Very interesting question Richie........ Lemme think about that one.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Can't recall watching anything that got cancelled after the pilot.

As for series I liked that got cancelled after one season.... this seems to happen to me far too often. Ones that I can remember: Invasion, Surface, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Dilbert, Prey, John Doe, and more recently, Flashforward and Caprica.

New Game of Thrones trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T84d-lRNLs

I can't wait!

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    IPEEINTHESHOWER is a huge fan of PEE-WEE Herman. I just watched his HBO special PEE-WEE's Playhouse Broadway show. It was fabulous and it brought back many memories of watching it as a kid. It had all the shows star's including Jambi and Miss Yvonne and a new character Sham-wow. If you were a fan of the show when you were younger you'll love it. The jokes are more for adults than kids and at the end the audience gives a very deserving standing ovation.

Here is a link to watch it on any streaming link you prefer.

http://www.moviesdatacenter.com/Movies/The-Pee-Wee-Herman-Show-On-Broadway-2011.html

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    I'm about to watch season 7 episode 1 of Deadliest Catch. The new season has started, one of the best shows on television today. I'll let you know how it was but if you haven't seen or heard about the show Deadliest Catch before you are seriously missing out.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    New Game of Thrones trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T84d-lRNLs

I can't wait!
    I am looking forward to that one, but I haven't read the books. At the moment I'm too wrapped up in Steven Erikson and Ian Esselmonts Malazan Empire Novels (and Novellas). They are so good, and if ever a series of books needed to grace the silver screen, in some form, it's these. They're better than any film, TV series or wrestling show I've ever had the oppurtunity to sample. Truly breathtaking stuff, if you've got the time to read it all.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom