Page 215 of 341 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205213214215216217 225 265 315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3408
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    There are all sorts of funny, terrific shows that nobody watches. (People are usually busy watching the glut of Big Bang re-runs that seemingly never end.)

The current seasons of Parks and Rec. and Modern Family are way stronger.
    I don't watch either of those shows much... I tried to watch a couple episodes of modern family but always ran into other things to do. I guess I just don't understand why you would brag about your show being so critically acclaimed as ben and kate is... and then cancel it the next week. I really like the premise of the show, it's very relate-able.
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't watch either of those shows much... I tried to watch a couple episodes of modern family but always ran into other things to do.
    Then you should probably revise your proclamation to read: "I would go as far as to say it was having the best season of any of the sitcoms I'm currently watching..."

I guess I just don't understand why you would brag about your show being so critically acclaimed as ben and kate is... and then cancel it the next week. I really like the premise of the show, it's very relate-able.
    Were they supposed to use the ad time to throw in the towel and tell people to not bother watching? I'm not following the logic here.

They touted the acclaim in hopes of it encouraging people to watch the show. That's how promotion works.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Then you should probably revise your proclamation to read: "I would go as far as to say it was having the best season of any of the sitcoms I'm currently watching..."

Were they supposed to use the ad time to throw in the towel and tell people to not bother watching? I'm not following the logic here.

They touted the acclaim in hopes of it encouraging people to watch the show. That's how promotion works.
    You are correct on the first point... I should of been more clear.

I meant that they could of used it to advertise a show that they were going to keep on the air... they probably had a clue that they were going to cancel the show before today.

Blog Entries

Wasn't it you Ape that pointed out to me the so-called "acclaim" United States Of Tara got, yet was nowhere near as good or successful as they made it out to be? You see Dennis, that's what they do to get you to watch shows, they give you a buy-line. It's like baiting the hook. And you will always be able to cobble together an ad for ANY show with reviews from farflung, never heard of before magazine reviews or snippets from some you may have heard from that reflect the show in it's best light. Doesn't make it true.

You are correct on the first point... I should of been more clear.

I meant that they could of used it to advertise a show that they were going to keep on the air... they probably had a clue that they were going to cancel the show before today.
    The people who bought advertising for the block of programming no longer being promoted wouldn't stand for that kind of bizarre thinking. Thus a show gets promoted all the way up until the plug gets pulled on it.

Plus, there's always hope for a turn around in ratings, and said hope goes completely out the window when the network ceases promoting the show in the middle of its run. That's basically sending the show out to die, and what sense would it make to do that intentionally?

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Wasn't it you Ape that pointed out to me the so-called "acclaim" United States Of Tara got, yet was nowhere near as good or successful as they made it out to be? You see Dennis, that's what they do to get you to watch shows, they give you a buy-line. It's like baiting the hook. And you will always be able to cobble together an ad for ANY show with reviews from farflung, never heard of before magazine reviews or snippets from some you may have heard from that reflect the show in it's best light. Doesn't make it true.
    The audience for Tara never matched its pedigree. The only thing that kept it around for as long as it lasted was the awards the show was bringing in for the network. Toni Collete winning an Emmy brought some much-needed profile to a cable network that was still struggling to establish itself as a worthy alternative to the stuff HBO was putting out.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    The people who bought advertising for the block of programming no longer being promoted wouldn't stand for that kind of bizarre thinking. Thus a show gets promoted all the way up until the plug gets pulled on it.

Plus, there's always hope for a turn around in ratings, and said hope goes completely out the window when the network ceases promoting the show in the middle of its run. That's basically sending the show out to die, and what sense would it make to do that intentionally?
    I will admit you are right on this point as well. I guess I'm just angry because I hate seeing shows that I enjoy die so quickly. Which fox has done in the past to me. Also I really love community and that show seems to be having some issues as well. It saddens me that shows like two and a half men can make it 10 seasons with vulgar humor and crap storylines, whereas a show with much better writing and humor is pushed aside because the general populous is just not interested in it for some reason.

Blog Entries
    I will admit you are right on this point as well. I guess I'm just angry because I hate seeing shows that I enjoy die so quickly. Which fox has done in the past to me. Also I really love community and that show seems to be having some issues as well. It saddens me that shows like two and a half men can make it 10 seasons with vulgar humor and crap storylines, whereas a show with much better writing and humor is pushed aside because the general populous is just not interested in it for some reason.
    Oh buddy, get used to it. Nothing lasts forever, good, bad or indifferent.

Community's ratings have been in the toilet since the pilot, so us fans should just be thankful it's gotten as far as it has. The buzz on Season 4 is pretty brutal- that particular news should come as a surprise to no one familiar with the show and its situation- but at least we got 3 great seasons out of it.

As for FOX, I still haven't gotten over what they did to Arrested Development (best. sitcom. ever.), so none of this really surprises me, sadly. Cancelling terrific shows is just what they do. But would we rather they stop making good shit altogether? I don't think so.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Community's ratings have been in the toilet since the pilot, so us fans should just be thankful it's gotten as far as it has. The buzz on Season 4 is pretty brutal- that particular news should come as a surprise to no one familiar with the show and its situation- but at least we got 3 great seasons out of it.

As for FOX, I still haven't gotten over what they did to Arrested Development (best. sitcom. ever.), so none of this really surprises me, sadly. Cancelling terrific shows is just what they do. But would we rather they stop making good shit altogether? I don't think so.
    I am thankful that community has lasted this long. I hope this next season doesn't feel rushed... I fear that it's going to be by far the worst season, though I will be gladly proven wrong.

I agree, but when you cancel so many great shows people get angry... I posted this as my status on facebook and one of my friends wrote "OX does that constantly. That is why I only watch sports on FOX. Get invested in a show, and bam cancelled after like 10 episodes" that's not a great thing for people to think about your company.