Page 227 of 327 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3263
    Since I can now get access to the US Netflix, and a lot of you peeps on here have sigs, avatars of it and whatnot I thought I give Psych a shot. I watched the first few episodes and to be honest it's kinda dumb. Don't get me wrong it's a fun show, but kinda too fun. For what essentially is a buddy detective show, I dunno, I was kinda expecting a little realism you know? I realise that it is a comedy show, but c'mon, It's like a fucking cartoon with Scooby Doo levels of detective work. Yeah, not overly impressed. I may give it a couple more more episodes, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Since I can now get access to the US Netflix, and a lot of you peeps on here have sigs, avatars of it and whatnot I thought I give Psych a shot. I watched the first few episodes and to be honest it's kinda dumb. Don't get me wrong it's a fun show, but kinda too fun. For what essentially is a buddy detective show, I dunno, I was kinda expecting a little realism you know? I realise that it is a comedy show, but c'mon, It's like a fucking cartoon with Scooby Doo levels of detective work. Yeah, not overly impressed. I may give it a couple more more episodes, but I doubt it.

So you expected realism from a show that is based around the idea of using Psychic powers to solve crimes? I'm pretty sure in no way would that ever work out for you...

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

You've missed the point completely there DRG. It's a detective show, and solving crimes isn't and shouldn't be all bubblegum and rainbows, and nicely smelling roses. Also, you're way off with the premise too. Have you even seen the show? The dude isn't a psychic at all, from what I gather he has a photographic memory. He just lets the police or whatever believe he's psychic. A deception or a 'psych' if you will.

You've missed the point completely there DRG. It's a detective show, and solving crimes isn't and shouldn't be all bubblegum and rainbows, and nicely smelling roses. Also, you're way off with the premise too. Have you even seen the show? The dude isn't a psychic at all, from what I gather he has a photographic memory. He just lets the police or whatever believe he's psychic. A deception or a 'psych' if you will.
    Why? Where is it written that there's only one way to do a detective show? I personally love the fact that it's not the same self-serious tripe that every other detective show aims to be. It's a breezy hour of fun that can laugh at itself and play with the conventions of a completely tired genre.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Nah, I just wasn't feeling it

I've caught a few episodes and the guy has an attention to detail that is uncanny and helps him in his detective work. The idea the entire show is set around, however, is that he gets out of hot water with the cops for being a suspect by pretending he's a Psychic - Hence why the show is called Psych.

And it's a light hearted counterpart to every other Law and Order, Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI, yadda yadda that is pumped into the mainstream these days (although it seems as if they are slowly dying off) with a fun atmosphere and something reminiscent of a throwback to Matlock, Murder She Wrote, CHIPS, or even Magnum PI where the element of seriousness is there only because of the crime that was committed, not because every character on the show was trying to be the next Grisham (CSI guy - Not sure the last name).

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Nah, I just wasn't feeling it
    Go and watch some old episodes of Mike Hammer and thank your lucky stars that there isn't juts one way to do a detective show

Blog Entries
    I must be the only person here to whom the return of The Walking Dead means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I must be the only person here to whom the return of The Walking Dead means nothing.

No, I am with ya Rob. I am going to get into it on Netflix when I have the time, but it's one of those shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, or Person of Interest that I just can't get into yet, nor can I read comments about the show because everyone likes to give their opinion on the shows which usually results in spoilers for people who haven't followed it. But I understand since these shows are past their initial two seasons; I just choose to avoid conversations about them.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Speaking of which, it probably deserves a thread of it's own at this point. But we'll see