Page 204 of 341 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194202203204205206 214 254 304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 3408
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Now wait...I thought you already gave that label to HIMYM
    Nah, I just think think the current state of HIMYM is awful. But worst thing on the air? Ain't quite there yet.

I probably wouldn't judge HIMYM as harshly as I do if it wasn't actually pretty good at one point. I just like my shows consistent, I guess, so I have a bit of difficulty getting over shows with noticeable dips in quality (especially when they're as dramatic as HIMYM's). Most shows don't recover from these kinds of dips, either, so I just move on to the good stuff.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Nah, I just think think the current state of HIMYM is awful. But worst thing on the air? Ain't quite there yet.

I probably wouldn't judge HIMYM as harshly as I do if it wasn't actually pretty good at one point. I just like my shows consistent, I guess, so I have a bit of difficulty getting over shows with noticeable dips in quality (especially when they're as dramatic as HIMYM's). Most shows don't recover from these kinds of dips, either, so I just move on to the good stuff.
    That is where I love perspective, because how badly you view they dipped compared to how they've dipped in my eyes will differ Speaking of good shows, you a fan of Justified?

That is where I love perspective, because how badly you view they dipped compared to how they've dipped in my eyes will differ Speaking of good shows, you a fan of Justified?
    Love Justified. It took the show a little while into its first season to really find its footing (the shift from episodic to more serialized storytelling improved the show significantly), but seasons 2 & 3 were great television. Probably one of the most slept on gems on the air, really.

One thing that irks me, though, is how much love gets thrown Walton Goggins' way for his turn as Boyd Crowder. Now don't get me wrong: I love the character and the actor. Dude just absolutely killed it in the later seasons of The Shield, but he didn't get half the recognition for that performance that he seems to get now on Justified. It's no fault of the show or anything, it just drives me up a wall.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Love Justified. It took the show a little while into its first season to really find its footing (the shift from episodic to more serialized storytelling improved the show significantly), but seasons 2 & 3 were great television. Probably one of the most slept on gems on the air, really.

One thing that irks me, though, is how much love gets thrown Walton Goggins' way for his turn as Boyd Crowder. Now don't get me wrong: I love the character and the actor. Dude just absolutely killed it in the later seasons of The Shield, but he didn't get half the recognition for that performance that he seems to get now on Justified. It's no fault of the show or anything, it just drives me up a wall.
    I really enjoyed the 2nd season. I believe it was Margo Martindale(correct me if im wrong), who played I think Mags, the mother of the group, was excellent. I started season 3, but other things came up. I plan on watching it asap though, and then staying caught up on season 4 which returns this week. Are you a fan of Suits ape?

I really enjoyed the 2nd season. I believe it was Margo Martindale(correct me if im wrong), who played I think Mags, the mother of the group, was excellent. I started season 3, but other things came up. I plan on watching it asap though, and then staying caught up on season 4 which returns this week.
    Yeah, the Emmys usually don't get it right, but they definitely did when they gave her a statue for that performance.

Are you a fan of Suits ape?
    Not really. It's not a bad show or anything, but everything on USA is too damn formulaic and safe for my particular tastes. Almost all of the shows on that network are just derivations of one another with different casts, and that kind of cookie-cutter approach to television completely turns me off.

Psych is really the only show on there that actually has any fun playing with the conventions it's been founded on, so that's the only one I really ever bother with on any consistent basis.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the Emmys usually don't get it right, but they definitely did when they gave her a statue for that performance.

Not really. It's not a bad show or anything, but everything on USA is too damn formulaic and safe for my particular tastes. Almost all of the shows on that network are just derivations of one another with different casts, and that kind of cookie-cutter approach to television completely turns me off.

Psych is really the only show on there that actually has any fun playing with the conventions it's been founded on, so that's the only one I really ever bother with on any consistent basis.
    I disagree. I feel like Suits stands on it's on. I can see your point though. I am looking forward to Psych's return this Feb. It has been long over due!

All this talk of Breaking Bad, I thought i'd give it another go. I've seen seasons 1 and 2, and for whatever reason never got around to the rest. So instead of jumping back in at season 3, and since it's on Netflix I figured I'd start again from the beginning.

I just got done reading Alan Sepinwall's 'The Revolution Was Televised', about the 12 best and most influential shows of the new golden age of television (The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, and Mad Men, just to name a few) and the chapter on Breaking Bad was fascinating as fuck. The whole thing barely ever saw the light of day as there wasn't an established network out there that thought people would actually be interested in watching a 50 year old, terminally-ill family man manufacture a non-glamorous narcotic and completely self-destruct. FX, a network that created its brand on the back of edgy anti-heroes, even passed on it after putting the show into development. I imagine those particular suits are kicking themselves pretty hard right now.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I just got done reading Alan Sepinwall's 'The Revolution Was Televised', about the 12 best and most influential shows of the new golden age of television (The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, and Mad Men, just to name a few) and the chapter on Breaking Bad was fascinating as fuck. The whole thing barely ever saw the light of day as there wasn't an established network out there that thought people would actually be interested in watching a 50 year old, terminally-ill family man manufacture a non-glamorous narcotic and completely self-destruct. FX, a network that created its brand on the back of edgy anti-heroes, even passed on it after putting the show into development. I imagine those particular suits are kicking themselves pretty hard right now.
    I was taken back by this fact. When hearing what the show was about, before ever watching an episode, my original thought was "Why is this not on FX?" Is this "The Revolution Was Televised" a book or article (sorry but I am strained for time to do the research myself at the moment)?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I'm sure I read that it was originally pitched to HBO, and they flat out turned it down too.