Page 185 of 324 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3232
  1. #1841
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,839
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Ben Kate is pretty okay but I'm not trying to get too attached to it on account of it likely not being long for this world (B&K and Mindy Project have under-performed big time for FOX's much-hyped Tuesday night comedy block). New Girl is great, though, and way better than I ever thought it would be; the writing is surprisingly sharp and the cast have wonderful chemistry together.
    raising hope is also a solid show. I think the mindy project is kind of terrible. if I am at home on tuesdays, I tend to watch the first three shows on that block and change it. I think ben and kate is safe for a couple of season. a lot of my friends really enjoy it as well.. that being said I'm pretty sure community is getting cancelled after this season even though it's the most popular sitcom among my friends.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  2. #1842
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,395
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I think the last episode of The Wonder Years is, in addition to being one of the best finales ever, perfectly in line with the rest of the series' tone. I mean, the show was always a dramedy. Yeah, the heart-strings got tugged on a little bit harder than usual, but I think that's sort of to be expected with it being the emotional pay-off to the end of adolescence and all. It was honest and true to itself up until the very end, and the overwhelming majority of other shows can't make the same claim. Powerful stuff.
    I was one broken hearted mofo at the end of that show and I don't think I've ever come to terms with that. Or the fact that I wasn't born in another era. But I have to agree, I was clutching at straws trying to think of a show that actually ended without mentioning pus like The Nanny or Roseanne's terrible, forgettable finish.

  3. #1843
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    raising hope is also a solid show. I think the mindy project is kind of terrible. if I am at home on tuesdays, I tend to watch the first three shows on that block and change it. I think ben and kate is safe for a couple of season. a lot of my friends really enjoy it as well.. that being said I'm pretty sure community is getting cancelled after this season even though it's the most popular sitcom among my friends.
    I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but Ben & Kate will be extremely lucky to get a second season. It had a modest debut, but its numbers have continued to fall with each subsequent episode. A couple more seasons isn't particularly realistic.

    I agree that The Mindy Project isn't very good. I know that Kaling is a bit of an It-girl at the moment, but I frankly don't think that she's leading lady material. Her humor is pretty superficial and entirely too reliant on pop-culture references, too, so much of the show's material comes off feeling sophomoric and empty. The whole endeavor feels like an excuse for her to, well, "play doctor" with Caucasian dudes that realistically wouldn't give her the time of day. I'd probably have to say that it's the most vain vanity project currently on the air.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  4. #1844
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I was one broken hearted mofo at the end of that show and I don't think I've ever come to terms with that. Or the fact that I wasn't born in another era. But I have to agree, I was clutching at straws trying to think of a show that actually ended without mentioning pus like The Nanny or Roseanne's terrible, forgettable finish.
    Yeah, finding out Kevin's dad died was like being punched in the gut. That might actually be the first time I ever teared-up from watching a television show.

    The Wonder Years is a true favorite of mine. Shame that the situation with royalties from the show's (excellent) use of established music will likely prevent it from ever getting a proper home release.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  5. #1845
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,839
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but Ben & Kate will be extremely lucky to get a second season. It had a modest debut, but its numbers have continued to fall with each subsequent episode. A couple more seasons isn't particularly realistic.

    I agree that The Mindy Project isn't very good. I know that Kaling is a bit of an It-girl at the moment, but I frankly don't think that she's leading lady material. Her humor is pretty superficial and entirely too reliant on pop-culture references, too, so much of the show's material comes off feeling sophomoric and empty. The whole endeavor feels like an excuse for her to, well, "play doctor" with Caucasian dudes that realistically wouldn't give her the time of day. I'd probably have to say that it's the most vain vanity project currently on the air.
    Now I'm going to be afraid to watch ben and kate haha...
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  6. #1846
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,395
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, finding out Kevin's dad died was like being punched in the gut. That might actually be the first time I ever teared-up from watching a television show.

    The Wonder Years is a true favorite of mine. Shame that the situation with royalties from the show's (excellent) use of established music will likely prevent it from ever getting a proper home release.
    Really? I didn't know there was an issue there. I do, however, bear the scars from purchasing The Wonder Years "soundtrack" album, many moon ago. I was expecting all 60's classics and some were there but wait, they had subtle differences! So there was your standards With A Little Help From My Friends by Joe Cocker, For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield, Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison - no problem there, all good, all to be expected. Peace Train by Richie Havens - wait, what? OK I can forgive that, maybe Cat Stevens didn't want his version on there, he was still devoutly Islamic or something at the time and Richie Havens is from that era....so, not a bad marriage. Julian Lennon doing a Stones song? Erm, ok, still slightly significant, I suppose.
    But wait - what's this? The Doors covered by The Escape Club, if you can believe it; Was (Not Was)? The Indigo Girls? And the ultimate insult - 2, count 'em -TWO!- songs by Debbie Gibson!! *gasp!*
    All this is not helped by, while researching this album (for memories sake ) I discovered a much better, unknown to me before now, 5 disc set from the TV show! Gutted.
    I was semi-aware that sometime in between original screening and now that they changed the version of With A Little.... from the start of the show.

    I admit to tearing up at the final Happy Days episode. And a couple of MASH ones always get me too....

  7. #1847
    Yeah, the only way that they would be able to release the show would involve butchering it by cutting out all of the licensed tunes. And a Wonder Years without all of the kickass, period-specific music wouldn't quite be The Wonder Years at all. It would almost be as bad as the version of The Big Lebowski that gets aired on Comedy Central, where all of the profanities have been removed and dubbed over with absolute nonsense (for instance: "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass, Larry!" becomes "This is what happens when you fight a stranger in the Alps, Larry!"). This is also why the show can no longer be found in syndication.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  8. #1848


    There simply isn't a more fascinating character on television at the moment.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  9. #1849
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,395
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, the only way that they would be able to release the show would involve butchering it by cutting out all of the licensed tunes. And a Wonder Years without all of the kickass, period-specific music wouldn't quite be The Wonder Years at all. It would almost be as bad as the version of The Big Lebowski that gets aired on Comedy Central, where all of the profanities have been removed and dubbed over with absolute nonsense (for instance: "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass, Larry!" becomes "This is what happens when you fight a stranger in the Alps, Larry!"). This is also why the show can no longer be found in syndication.
    That's almost funny. Except that they did it to The Big Lebowski. Really they should just leave off playing them at all if that's what they're going to do to them.

    Um who is that freaky looking dude in your last post?

  10. #1850
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Um who is that freaky looking dude in your last post?
    Richard Harrow, the hitman/baby-sitter on Boardwalk Empire. He's played by Jack Huston, who is the nephew of Danny and Anjelica Huston.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.