Page 184 of 339 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174182183184185186 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3390
    Blog Entries
    Sitcoms should be a place where you can escape the realities of first world problems. Now HIMYM is serving it up like cold leftovers of the harsh reality that is real life. I don't want that much reality thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Sitcoms should be a place where you can escape the realities of first world problems. Now HIMYM is serving it up like cold leftovers of the harsh reality that is real life. I don't want that much reality thanks!
    fair point. but to end the series don't they need to be someone realistic?
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    No they need to fucking reveal who the fuck the mum fucking is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    No they need to fucking reveal who the fuck the mum fucking is.
    do you have any guesses?
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    They ended Seinfeld with them all in jail - together. It maintained the show's main premise to the end in that way - humour, if somewhat less than believable.
    In The Wonder Years final ep, we learn that Kevin and Winnie end up just being friends after an infatuation that goes on for, like, forever. (sounds like Ted!) Kevin's father dies (like Marshall!) The whole show was narrated by an older version of the main character (like HIMYM!) The last ep was depressing - because it was boring real life stuff.
    Most shows get cancelled before they can wrap things up and we are only just now in the era of shows designed with an end in mind.

Blog Entries
    They ended Seinfeld with them all in jail - together. It maintained the show's main premise to the end in that way - humour, if somewhat less than believable.
    In The Wonder Years final ep, we learn that Kevin and Winnie end up just being friends after an infatuation that goes on for, like, forever. (sounds like Ted!) Kevin's father dies (like Marshall!) The whole show was narrated by an older version of the main character (like HIMYM!) The last ep was depressing - because it was boring real life stuff.
    Most shows get cancelled before they can wrap things up and we are only just now in the era of shows designed with an end in mind.
    as I said in the first post after watching this episode... I'm pretty sure they have laid down the foundation for the ending well in this previous episode. I kind of want a conclusion to a show what's entire purpose is to show his children how he met their mother.
    #TeamGeeky

How I Met Your Mother is past its expiration date. They've drug things out for the sake of dragging things out, and I've personally grown completely disinterested with where they're taking things. At this stage of the game, I legitimately couldn't care less who the mother is going to turn out to be.

It doesn't help that the cast have only stuck around due to contractual obligations because the apathy has carried over to the performances. Jason Segal has even gone on record saying that he'd rather be off doing other things, and I think it shows on screen. Aside from the arc that dealt with the death of his father, you can tell he's just no longer invested in Marshall; I can't really say that I blame him, either. The jokes are stale, the story-lines forced and uninteresting, and, well, the magic's just not quite there anymore. None of this is to say that the show is bad, per say, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone actually being objective that it is a shell of its former self. Big Bang Theory is getting dangerously close to heading down the same path (if they haven't veered that way already).

To HIMYM's credit, at least it hasn't turned into The Office yet. That used to be my favorite comedy on television, and now the hair on my arms actually stands up from the embarrassment; it's excruciating to see what's become of it. If the science in Eternal Sunshine were actually a thing, I'd happily have the last 4 seasons completely wiped from my memory. Just, so...ugh.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I think the last episode of The Wonder Years is, in addition to being one of the best finales ever, perfectly in line with the rest of the series' tone. I mean, the show was always a dramedy. Yeah, the heart-strings got tugged on a little bit harder than usual, but I think that's sort of to be expected with it being the emotional pay-off to the end of adolescence and all. It was honest and true to itself up until the very end, and the overwhelming majority of other shows can't make the same claim. Powerful stuff.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    How I Met Your Mother is past its expiration date. They've drug things out for the sake of dragging things out, and I've personally grown completely disinterested with where they're taking things. At this stage of the game, I legitimately couldn't care less who the mother is going to turn out to be.

It doesn't help that the cast have only stuck around due to contractual obligations because the apathy has carried over to the performances. Jason Segal has even gone on record saying that he'd rather be off doing other things, and I think it shows on screen. Aside from the arc that dealt with the death of his father, you can tell he's just no longer invested in Marshall; I can't really say that I blame him, either. The jokes are stale, the story-lines forced and uninteresting, and, well, the magic's just not quite there anymore. None of this is to say that the show is bad, per say, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone actually being objective that it is a shell of its former self. Big Bang Theory is getting dangerously close to heading down the same path (if they haven't veered that way already).

To HIMYM's credit, at least it hasn't turned into The Office yet. That used to be my favorite comedy on television, and now the hair on my arms actually stands up from the embarrassment; it's excruciating to see what's become of it. If the science in Eternal Sunshine were actually a thing, I'd happily have the last 4 seasons completely wiped from my memory. Just, so...ugh.
    I will agree that HIMYM is not doing what it did during the previous seasons. and I did notice that marshall seemed to be silly in this past episode to the point it wasn't as funny. the big bang theory is picking up, but you are right to say it is on a dangerous path. I don't know if you have watched ben and kate, or new girl but both sitcoms are better than I expected this season.
    #TeamGeeky

Ben Kate is pretty okay but I'm not trying to get too attached to it on account of it likely not being long for this world (B&K and Mindy Project have under-performed big time for FOX's much-hyped Tuesday night comedy block). New Girl is great, though, and way better than I ever thought it would be; the writing is surprisingly sharp and the cast have wonderful chemistry together.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9