Page 18 of 342 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 68 118 ... LastLast
    I'm impressed to see another dude giving props to Big Love; it's not the kind of thing that one would traditionally think of as appealing to someone who watches wrestling. Anyways, great show. It's given a lot of seriously underrated actresses some pretty significant, complex roles to sink their teeth into, and that's always been a bit of a rarity in entertainment. It's even more awesome that each and every one of them have knocked it the fuck out of the park.

I'll be sad to see it end next week, but I look forward to seeing how everything wraps up.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    "I hope she gets assaulted by a pack of sexually-sophisticated gibbon monkeys"

You legend.

Speaking of pilots, I have to ask your (and everybody else's) opinion of the show that had, what was at the time, the most expensive pilot ever.

Lost?

Personally (without getting in to why, as its my question to you) I loved the entire thing, and I enjoyed every moment I was lost in the world of Lost!
    Lost was a really great show based on a unique idea. I do think they should have tried to end it after 3 or 4 seasons though. I liked the final seasons, but it felt like it was just dragging on. I love science fiction and alternate realities, but I can understand how some of the audience may have been polarized by some of the things they did after season 2. The characters were the strongest thing Lost had going for it and they get a little bit diluted due to alternate realities and nonlinear storytelling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm impressed to see another dude giving props to Big Love; it's not the kind of thing that one would traditionally think of as appealing to someone who watches wrestling. Anyways, great show. It's given a lot of seriously underrated actresses some pretty significant, complex roles to sink their teeth into, and that's always been a bit of a rarity in entertainment. It's even more awesome that each and every one of them have knocked it the fuck out of the park.

I'll be sad to see it end next week, but I look forward to seeing how everything wraps up.
    Aaaarrgghh, it's ending? We're behind here - series 4 I think? Anyway, completely agree that it's given actors like Paxton, Tripplehorn and Sevegny(?) stuff they can revel in; plus giving the likes of Seyfried & Goodwin (omg what a babe! Reminds me of Sherilyn Fenn) a platform to a larger stage. Other plusses are the S.Darko girl, of course Harry Dean Stanton and Bruce Dern.

I am not ashamed of watching an inherently good show get lobbed in with the 'chick shows'. Being that watching something not overtly male orientated threatens those blokes who aren't entirely secure within themselves to begin with and might be challenged by more grown up themes and content to label such shows as shit.

Another huge recommendation I have is Outrageous Fortune - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outrage...28TV_series%29

Yeah, Season 5 is the end, sadly. This final season has been great, though, and I'm always kind of fond of a show that goes out on its own terms and doesn't overstay its welcome. You're dead on about Ginnifer Goodwin, too. Did you see in Season 4 when Margene colored her hair? DAMN! That girl was always pretty hot, but that just put her right over the top. Love that chick.

Haven't heard of Outrageous Fortune, but I'm going to look into it. I have seen Summer Heights High, though, and that shit is hilarious. HBO started running it a little over a year or so ago, and it was put in a Sunday night comedy block along with Eastbound & Down and The Ricky Gervais Show. Needless to say, I was loving me some Sunday nights.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, Season 5 is the end, sadly. This final season has been great, though, and I'm always kind of fond of a show that goes out on its own terms and doesn't overstay its welcome. You're dead on about Ginnifer Goodwin, too. Did you see in Season 4 when Margene colored her hair? DAMN! That girl was always pretty hot, but that just put her right over the top. Love that chick.

Haven't heard of Outrageous Fortune, but I'm going to look into it. I have seen Summer Heights High, though, and that shit is hilarious. HBO started running it a little over a year or so ago, and it was put in a Sunday night comedy block along with Eastbound & Down and The Ricky Gervais Show. Needless to say, I was loving me some Sunday nights.
    Ape, you are in a minority that obviously gets that sort of humour (we've discussed this before). A lot of people from your neck of the woods (I assume you're American) don't get the sort of humour that isn't fall down slapstick totally in your face or you won't get it humour(like Gervais). Glad you liked Summer Heights High - it was a bit hit and miss, I have to admit. Totally look for Wilfred though. I will bet my left teste you will love it.

Yeah, I'm American. Born in Pennsylvania and raised in Maryland. And, yes, the kind of television comedy that has the most broad appeal here in states usually doesn't do much of anything for me (with the exceptions being stuff like Modern Family and the first couple of seasons of the American Office, as while quite popular they're also extremely funny).

And it's crazy that you just brought up Wilfred. I was watching the new episode of Justified on FX earlier tonight, and they showed the preview for the new American version of the series with Elijah Wood as the star. It actually looks pretty damn good.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I like gauging peoples sense of humor by throwing Arrested Development out there.

People who do not understand that show generally never grasp my sense of humor.

Arrested Development is the best comedy in television history. Period.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Yeah, it was probably ahead of its time. Shows without laugh tracks confuse people. I guess it is like herding sheep to laughter or something. It had the perfect storm of actors as well.

The good news is that they are supposed to make a movie. I hope it does not loose its magic.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Rob. Kashdinero is not ashamed to say he has enjoyed a season or six of ~slighty covers face to hide cheeks going red~ Desperate Housewives! I would like to say that I've only ever watched it with my wife, but that would be a bare-faced lie.

@Bodom: Half naked guy driving an SUV while wearing a gas mask FTW... Best opening scene of a series ever.

@TMT: Without spoiling things for others, I agree... To an extent.

Rather than ending after season 3 or 4, they should have just aired the seasons faster. Waiting for each episode was tantamount to torture! Believe me, I was glad it ended when it did.
    For anyone interested, Sky One actually aired the final two episodes live over here, which is a pretty big deal as we used to get it on a 3 or 4 day delay. Lost was, clearly, a big deal over here.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom