Page 178 of 340 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168176177178179180 188 228 278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3393
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    As far as Bernsen and Campbell, yeah, but they just aren't good at it to me. Campbell especially. Bernsen at least has been funny or hammed it up well before. (IE: Major League.) I can't make any case for Campbell. But that is a discussion most relegated to the movie part of this thread. Although, Campbell is completely annoying in Burn Notice, and Bernsen isn't always annoying in Psych.
    This is straight crazy talk. When it comes to piling-high ham sandwiches, Campbell is widely regarded as running one of the finest delis in town, and for good reason.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Pearce is doing television now? Crazy. I didn't know that. Dude's been on the cusp of breaking through as a legit Hollywood big screen lead for over a decade now, but I guess Lockout bombing has finally sealed the deal in regards to that ever happening, huh? Shame. Still, I'm going to have to check that out.
    It was filmed pretty recently, I just think he's exercising other options. I don't think he's called off the film career. From what I've heard he's probably the best thing in Lawless. Pearce has also got the villain role in Iron Man 3 to come. Plus he was in Prometheus so that's something. Toni Collette still comes back here and does bit roles and small parts. I just think she enjoys doing it, it's not like she needs to. Cate Blanchett too. I think it's the humble, unpretentious nature of us Aussies that you can attribute to that

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It was filmed pretty recently, I just think he's exercising other options. I don't think he's called off the film career. From what I've heard he's probably the best thing in Lawless. Pearce has also got the villain role in Iron Man 3 to come. Plus he was in Prometheus so that's something. Toni Collette still comes back here and does bit roles and small parts. I just think she enjoys doing it, it's not like she needs to. Cate Blanchett too. I think it's the humble, unpretentious nature of us Aussies that you can attribute to that
    I'm not saying that he's done making movies, but I think the days of him getting top-billing are pretty much over. And Guy's role in Iron Man 3 is basically a cameo (his words), so I don't really see that doing much to significantly change anything.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

And I can understand Toni Collete still taking smaller roles. I mean, I imagine she has a lot more free time on her hands, what with her little-watched television show getting cancelled and all.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    And I can understand Toni Collete still taking smaller roles. I mean, I imagine she has a lot more free time on her hands, what with her little-watched television show getting cancelled and all.
    I thought "...Tara" was pretty popular? That's the impression they gave here anyway. Anyway, she's a good actress I think.

Guy Pearce has been hit and miss for years now. However, as I see it, there's so little room at the "top" and the guys who are there don't seem to be going anywhere - Clooney, Pitt, DiCaprio etc. I see a lot of actors moving into TV since there's more abundant work and opportunities and a seemingly less harsh of a critique, since a series is ongoing, unlike a movie there's not as much pressure to get it absolutely right straight out of the gate.

One of my favourite Australian actors is Ben Mendelsohn who's finally getting some work over there, notably in The Dark Knight Rises and Killing Them Softly. He's got some chops but unfortunately has been plagued with some drug issues in the past

I thought "...Tara" was pretty popular? That's the impression they gave here anyway. Anyway, she's a good actress I think.
    It was popular with critics and her performance garnered her an Emmy and a Golden Globe, but the audience just didn't reflect the level of talent involved (Spielberg produced, and it was Diablo Cody's first project coming off her own Oscar win for Juno). The acclaim is actually really the only reason it was even able to last 3 seasons.

For the record: I'm a big Collette fan, so much so that her involvement has suckered me into watching more than a couple of chicks flicks that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with.

Guy Pearce has been hit and miss for years now. However, as I see it, there's so little room at the "top" and the guys who are there don't seem to be going anywhere - Clooney, Pitt, DiCaprio etc. I see a lot of actors moving into TV since there's more abundant work and opportunities and a seemingly less harsh of a critique, since a series is ongoing, unlike a movie there's not as much pressure to get it absolutely right straight out of the gate.
    Yeah, there's definitely less of an immediate stigma attached to that film to television transition these days. And with the quality of storytelling now happening on the small screen, a lot of the work is more creatively fulfilling.

One of my favourite Australian actors is Ben Mendelsohn who's finally getting some work over there, notably in The Dark Knight Rises and Killing Them Softly. He's got some chops but unfortunately has been plagued with some drug issues in the past
    Dude from Animal Kingdom, right? Yeah, I like him.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    It was popular with critics and her performance garnered her an Emmy and a Golden Globe, but the audience just didn't reflect the level of talent involved (Spielberg produced, and it was Diablo Cody's first project coming off her own Oscar win for Juno). The acclaim is actually really the only reason it was even able to last 3 seasons.

For the record: I'm a big Collette fan, so much so that her involvement has suckered me into watching more than a couple of chicks flicks that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with.

Yeah, there's definitely less of an immediate stigma attached to that film to television transition these days. And with the quality of storytelling now happening on the small screen, a lot of the work is more creatively fulfilling.

Dude from Animal Kingdom, right? Yeah, I like him.
    Yeah, he was in that. He was actually the original choice for Chopper, believe it or not.

So.....watched Muriels Wedding then I take it? haha Check out The Black Balloon if you can....I really liked that. Plus I'm looking forward to seeing Mental - but then, I just love Australian cinema. Good cast in that.....didn't know Liev Schreiber was in it. That guy has done some classic funny roles, weirdly a lot as a transvestite/cross dresser!

Really liking both Walking Dead and Dexter's start to the new seasons.

So what do we all think of the first couple of Walking Dead season 3 episodes then? It took me long enough to get around to the first season, even longer for the second. I'm on the ball with season 3 though! I'm loving how the Rick Grimes character has evolved throughout the series. Which is succinctly described with this image...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    So what do we all think of the first couple of Walking Dead season 3 episodes then? It took me long enough to get around to the first season, even longer for the second. I'm on the ball with season 3 though! I'm loving how the Rick Grimes character has evolved throughout the series. Which is succinctly described with this image...

Haha nice. Also - I'm loving the new season!