Page 175 of 341 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165173174175176177 185 225 275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 3408
  1. #1741
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,643
    Blog Entries
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Nah, you're spot on. Elementary isn't really anything super special, but it is well-acted and competently made and I think many are just surprised that it overcame the odds to not be the dead-on-arrival piece of dreck that it initially appeared to be. But, yeah, it's essentially just The Mentalist with a nicer coat of paint, and anyone who says otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

    You're also right about the Cumberbatch-version of Sherlock being a fuckton better. It's a shame that most Americans would rather watch the CBS show than give the BBC One iteration a spin- but what can you do?
    I guess im living in a fantasy world then
     

  2. #1742
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    I guess im living in a fantasy world then
    At least you're seemingly blissful about it.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  3. #1743
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,434
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Nah, you're spot on. Elementary isn't really anything super special, but it is well-acted and competently made and I think many are just surprised that it overcame the odds to not be the dead-on-arrival piece of dreck that it initially appeared to be. But, yeah, it's essentially just The Mentalist with a nicer coat of paint, and anyone who says otherwise is living in a fantasy world.

    You're also right about the Cumberbatch-version of Sherlock being a fuckton better. It's a shame that most Americans would rather watch the CBS show than give the BBC One iteration a spin- but what can you do?
    I think it has a lot to do with it's on tv in the united states, making it a much easier show to watch for americans. also americans love the sherlock formula much more than the mentalist formula, house was huge in america (house/holmes,watson/wilson)
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    So what is your guys favorite new show of the fall? Mine would definitely have to be Elementary.
    it's close... I like elementary and ben and kate alot... I think I might actually give the edge to ben and kate.
    #TeamGeeky


  4. #1744
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,258
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with it's on tv in the united states, making it a much easier show to watch for americans. also americans love the sherlock formula much more than the mentalist formula, house was huge in america (house/holmes,watson/wilson)
    The Mentalist and Sherlock are really the same formula though?

  5. #1745
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,434
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    The Mentalist and Sherlock are really the same formula though?
    pardon my ignorance because I do not watch much mentalist but does the mentalist have a watson? that is what I was implying.
    #TeamGeeky


  6. #1746
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with it's on tv in the united states, making it a much easier show to watch for americans. also americans love the sherlock formula much more than the mentalist formula, house was huge in america (house/holmes,watson/wilson)
    This observation can't be based on ratings, because The Mentalist pulls in roughly the same amount of viewers as Elementary and the peak-years of House. So, yeah, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that Americans favor one formula over the other. It's kind of irrelevant, though, considering that they're all variations of the same essential premise, so positing them as being fundamentally different formulas is sort of an exercise in futility.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  7. #1747
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,434
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    This observation can't be based on ratings, because The Mentalist pulls in roughly the same amount of viewers as Elementary and the peak-years of House. So, yeah, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that Americans favor one formula over the other. It's kind of irrelevant, though, considering that they're all variations of the same essential premise, so positing them as being fundamentally different formulas is sort of an exercise in futility.
    seasons 2-4 of house were higher rated than mentalist by a noticeable number. I worded my original statement wrong... I was more saying that at least I have always found shows with a dominate watson character to be better... and for my knowledge there is no watson in the mentalist... if I'm wrong I'm sorry haha
    #TeamGeeky


  8. #1748
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,258
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    seasons 2-4 of house were higher rated than mentalist by a noticeable number. I worded my original statement wrong... I was more saying that at least I have always found shows with a dominate watson character to be better... and for my knowledge there is no watson in the mentalist... if I'm wrong I'm sorry haha
    Have you watched The Mentalist?

  9. #1749
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,434
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Have you watched The Mentalist?
    an episode or two.. that's why am asking if he has a watson haha. I had previously asked this to someone who does watch the mentalist and they said no...
    #TeamGeeky


  10. #1750
    The Trinity Amerinaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Joplin Strong
    Posts
    3,266
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    an episode or two.. that's why am asking if he has a watson haha. I had previously asked this to someone who does watch the mentalist and they said no...
    That's why I like Bones. There is a Watson type character for Temperance Brennan in Sealy Boothe
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.